Why Do You Feel This Way, Forum?

Alright so look I’m not trying to attack anyone here but seriously?

I am shocked by how so many of the people on the forum call themselves “hardcore” Halo fans, yet it seems like most people are completely content with the fact that there is no Legendary Edition for Halo 4.

I understand that you’d want cool exclusive in-game content, which is what the Limited Edition offers, but what about items that you’ll actually still be able to enjoy once you’re done with Halo 4 and move on to Halo 5? Don’t you want some sort of keepsake item that will allow you to remember how much you enjoyed H4?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with 343 offering in-game content as part of the Limited Edition package, but I am in disbelief that barely anyone here is looking at this as a sign of laziness from 343. It really shouldn’t be that hard to put together a Legendary Edition, especially if all that it is is taking the Limited Edition and adding in a few extra treasures.

I might still get the Limited Edition, it’s just that I’m very disappointed that there’s a lack of a Legendary Edition. What do you all have against variety? I’d prefer to have more options than just a poor excuse from the company in charge of Microsoft’s biggest release of 2012. From what I’ve seen, all 343’s done is completely disassociate H4 from the competitive community and just made everything completely casual friendly. They’ve just taken away one thing that many hardcore players enjoy the most, a physical keepsake that they will treasure, be able to stare at and admire (haha) and look at many years from now as money well spent.

Thanks for listening to what I have to say.
-MajorNoobOwnage

I like it. You get a book and video(Physical items) and Map packs, skins, and an Emblem (In game stuff) Everyone wins. Sounds great

I’ll make a Legendary Edition for you. It comes with an exclusive teddy bear and a DS.

On one hand, I’m proud that they aren’t milking Halo 4 with all the different editions and expensive objects that don’t have much use. If you’re the kind of person that wants a statue, I’m sure there will be some available just like there were for Halo 3. They had a nice line of statues that weren’t part of the toy figure variety.

I’m a huge Halo fan, absolutely love the franchise. Have all of the books, every game, I even got the Reach 360 which was 400 bucks.

I have never bought a Legendary Edition.

I don’t think they sell very well.

It comes with an equal amount of physical an digital content. Also there was no legendary for halo ce, 2, wars, odst, or anniversary. So how does making a legendary edition make you hardcore? There are only 2 of them…

It is highly unlikely that hardcore halo fans will enjoy this game anyways.

> I understand that you’d want cool exclusive in-game content, which is what the Limited Edition offers, but what about items that you’ll actually still be able to enjoy once you’re done with Halo 4 and move on to Halo 5? Don’t you want some sort of keepsake item that will allow you to remember how much you enjoyed H4?

Im glad theres only one edition for starters. Also, I don’t need some toy as a “keepsake” to have memories of Halo 4. The game itself is my keepsake. I got the regular edition of Halo 3 and I have the greatest memories of any game I’ve ever played on that game. I don’t need some cheap helmet to remind me of those memories. If Halo 4 can provide me with great memories because its a great game, that is more than enough for me.

Also, I don’t think 343 is being lazy. If they were lazy, they would have never gotten this far. They are catering to a community that will complain about anything and everything and that is a job within itself. I think the limited Edition has a good variety of things both in and out of games. The fact that we get all 3 DLC’s (once they are released in months to come) right off the bat is awesome to me. My only concern is I hope that SOMEWHERE the box art is on the case and its not ONLY a hard case.

Enjoy Halo 4 for what it really is, not a keepsake.

Only the Halo 3 one was cool …

Other then the flaming helmet The 1 with Reach’s was a joke IN my mind .

And the halo 4 one comes with all kinds of cool stuff just at a cheaper price – although I would love a nameplate of flaming helmet thing

Im fine with it and so far almost everyone is getting it so maybe its not that limited after all …

> Alright so look I’m not trying to attack anyone here but seriously?
>
> I am shocked by how so many of the people on the forum call themselves “hardcore” Halo fans, yet it seems like most people are completely content with the fact that there is no Legendary Edition for Halo 4.
>
> I understand that you’d want cool exclusive in-game content, which is what the Limited Edition offers, but what about items that you’ll actually still be able to enjoy once you’re done with Halo 4 and move on to Halo 5? Don’t you want some sort of keepsake item that will allow you to remember how much you enjoyed H4?
>
> I don’t think there’s anything wrong with 343 offering in-game content as part of the Limited Edition package, but I am in disbelief that barely anyone here is looking at this as a sign of laziness from 343. It really shouldn’t be that hard to put together a Legendary Edition, especially if all that it is is taking the Limited Edition and adding in a few extra treasures.
>
> I might still get the Limited Edition, it’s just that I’m very disappointed that there’s a lack of a Legendary Edition. What do you all have against variety? I’d prefer to have more options than just a poor excuse from the company in charge of Microsoft’s biggest release of 2012. From what I’ve seen, all 343’s done is completely disassociate H4 from the competitive community and just made everything completely casual friendly. They’ve just taken away one thing that many hardcore players enjoy the most, a physical keepsake that they will treasure, be able to stare at and admire (haha) and look at many years from now as money well spent.
>
> Thanks for listening to what I have to say.
> -MajorNoobOwnage

Woah there bro, watch the offensive tone. I’m not a hardcore fan if I appreciate the lack of a legendary edition? Especially as I’m going into college, I don’t want to take up more room with gaudy Halo decorations I’ll only glance at and appreciate once in a blue moon after the first half-year of release.

It’s a good sales decision on their part. They won’t lose a bunch of money with a bunch of unnecesarry Legendary editions that come with some physical element many people could care less about. As a Hardcore fan, I’m more excited by the inclusion of Forward Unto Dawn and the Infinity Booklet. Both are physical bonuses and much more interactive than some silly merchandise.

Legendary editions are too much bite for their bark, IMO.

If I want to remember the good times in Halo 4, I’ll go to YouTube.

It’s not because they’re lazy.
It’s because the Reach Legendary Edition ended up with a negative net-income.
343 doesn’t want to risk that happening to them.

We have nothing against variety.
But we’d rather 343 make more money to use in Halo 5, than get a “special edition dust collecter”.

And as for the so-called “Competitive Disassociation”, let’s tally up, shall we?
Armor Lock has been removed.
Jetpack is being downgraded.
The BR is back.
The gameplay is now faster-paced through Sprint.
Sprint has been downgraded.
And, I believe a new clan system is being used like in Halo 2.
I think it’s safe to say they’re designing Halo 4 with competitive play in mind.

And just so you know.
343 isn’t making Halo 4 to please you.
343 is making Halo 4 to please the majority of the community.

Think about what the majority wants.

> If I want to remember the good times in Halo 4, I’ll go to YouTube.
>
> It’s not because they’re lazy.
> It’s because the Reach Legendary Edition ended up with a negative net-income.
> 343 doesn’t want to risk that happening to them.
>
> We have nothing against variety.
> But we’d rather 343 make more money to use in Halo 5, than get a “special edition dust collecter”.
>
> And as for the so-called “Competitive Disassociation”, let’s tally up, shall we?
> Armor Lock has been removed.
> Jetpack is being downgraded.
> The BR is back.
> The gameplay is now faster-paced through Sprint.
> Sprint has been downgraded.
> And, I believe a new clan system is being used like in Halo 2.
> I think it’s safe to say they’re designing Halo 4 with competitive play in mind.
>
> And just so you know.
> 343 isn’t making Halo 4 to please you.
> They’re making Halo 4 to please the majority of the community.
>
> Think about what the majority wants.

I need to frame this and put it on my wall.

> > If I want to remember the good times in Halo 4, I’ll go to YouTube.
> >
> > It’s not because they’re lazy.
> > It’s because the Reach Legendary Edition ended up with a negative net-income.
> > 343 doesn’t want to risk that happening to them.
> >
> > We have nothing against variety.
> > But we’d rather 343 make more money to use in Halo 5, than get a “special edition dust collecter”.
> >
> > And as for the so-called “Competitive Disassociation”, let’s tally up, shall we?
> > Armor Lock has been removed.
> > Jetpack is being downgraded.
> > The BR is back.
> > The gameplay is now faster-paced through Sprint.
> > Sprint has been downgraded.
> > And, I believe a new clan system is being used like in Halo 2.
> > I think it’s safe to say they’re designing Halo 4 with competitive play in mind.
> >
> > And just so you know.
> > 343 isn’t making Halo 4 to please you.
> > They’re making Halo 4 to please the majority of the community.
> >
> > Think about what the majority wants.
>
> I need to frame this and put it on my wall.

Lol. Thanks.