Why do we even have Join in Progress?

It sucks and I’m mad. Either add an option to turn it off or remove it altogether. What’s the point to start MM if I pratically always get a game that’s already half way through? I mean, I just started a game and it ended 30 seconds later, what is this crap? Even if I wait in the lobby after a game has ended it will still send me in a match that is already started most of the times.

This is probably the most annoying thing in this game.

Just played a game 3v2. This is ridiculous. We could remove the W/L and K/D stats altogether since they don’t mean anything anymore with this stupid drop in system.

One of the major gripes I have with this game. Why throw me in a match where it’s half way done and it’s 3v4 or 3v6?

More like CoD less like Halo. SMH

Because fair starts are overrated to 343i. Anything to ease in this new wave of players they’re going for.

> It sucks and I’m mad. Either <mark>add an option to turn it off</mark> or remove it altogether. What’s the point to start MM if I pratically always get a game that’s already half way through? I mean, I just started a game and it ended 30 seconds later, what is this crap? Even if I wait in the lobby after a game has ended it will still send me in a match that is already started most of the times.
>
> This is probably the most annoying thing in this game.

This

Reason there is a Join in Progress feature is in order to help speed games and bring back some shred of fairness. I used to hate back in Halo 3 when 2 to 3 of my team-mates left and there are many other’s who have felt the same thing.

A skilled ranking system is set to be added early next year, and with that, i’m sure they’ll bring along a comprehensive w/l feature that will make Join in progress not “broken”.

Honestly though, i don’t see why people are so butthurt of a small helpful feature… is it because you were winning in the beginning due to a 4 v 1 til 3 others joined and kicked your butt?

And it’s not just CoD that has a Join in Progress feature dimwits, practically any other modern FPS has that built in.

> Reason there is a Join in Progress feature is in order to help speed games and bring back some shred of fairness. I used to hate back in Halo 3 when 2 to 3 of my team-mates left and there are many other’s who have felt the same thing.
>
> A skilled ranking system is set to be added early next year, and with that, i’m sure they’ll bring along a comprehensive w/l feature that will make Join in progress not “broken”.
>
> Honestly though, i don’t see why people are so butthurt of a small helpful feature… is it because you were winning in the beginning due to a 4 v 1 til 3 others joined and kicked your butt?
>
> And it’s not just CoD that has a Join in Progress feature dimwits, practically any other modern FPS has that built in.

This is a shallow post, at best.

You act like the JiP feature works every time. It’s never worked for me, once.

Every single time I join a game in progress, the teams are still unbalanced. 4v3, 5v4, 5v3, 3v2, 8v3, 8v6, etc. I could go on and on. And I haven’t even mentioned the fact that some games start 8v0, 4v0, 5v0, resulting in instant wins…

The fact is that without JiP, teams would become unbalanced on the infrequent occasion that someone quits. With JiP, every game starts with unbalanced teams because the matchmaking system expects someone to join and make the teams even.

I’d be perfectly fine with a JiP feature, but only with two conditions:

1. An option to turn it off for players who actually enjoy playing full games and can tolerate the extra 5 seconds of searching time.
  2. A JiP feature that actually makes sense.

> This is a shallow post, at best.
>
> You act like the JiP feature works every time. It’s never worked for me, once.
>
> Every single time I join a game in progress, the teams are still unbalanced. 4v3, 5v4, 5v3, 3v2, 8v3, 8v6, etc. I could go on and on. And I haven’t even mentioned the fact that some games start 8v0, 4v0, 5v0, resulting in instant wins…
>
> The fact is that without JiP, teams would become unbalanced on the infrequent occasion that someone quits. With JiP, every game starts with unbalanced teams because the matchmaking system expects someone to join and make the teams even.
>
> I’d be perfectly fine with a JiP feature, but only with two conditions:
>
> 1) An option to turn it off for players who actually enjoy playing full games and can tolerate the extra 5 seconds of searching time.
> 2) A JiP feature that actually makes sense.

Act like it works every time? never said it does or feel that way. Well, i feel bad for you then.

Then JiP feature needs fine-tuning, and no i did not imply it didn’t need any fixing.