Why do they play like it's CoD?

After playing a lot of Halo 4 recently, I’ve been noticing some pretty dumb tactics that baffle me.

1. Not using vehicles. When you’re team is stuck in a firefight why not get in a vehicle and help them, instead of running straight in? All they do is Run, Shoot, Die and repeat!

2. Not using power weapons. This one I have no -blam!-ing clue. For the past 10 or so games, I’ve been having to pick up weapons purely because nobody else will! If we’re playing Dominion and the Rocket Launcher spawns in our base, you’d think they’d use it to capture another base but nope!

3. This one pertains directly to Dominion. I always end up being the only soul defending a base. Everyone else tries to rush and capture all the bases at once, thinking that they’ll win I guess. Then we lose every single base because nobody was defending them!

Can anyone explain to me why people don’t use any cognitive process when playing this game? I am behind words to describe the stupidity of some of these players.

343 intended for that to happen to make the ‘gameplay faster’ lol…

Your complaints are reminding me of my Halo 2 CTF days… I was the only defender…

eh slowly we wont have anymore vehicles in Halo soon the iconic Warthog will just either be in Campaign or just a prop in the background like the Hornet.

> 343 intended for that to happen to make the ‘gameplay faster’ lol…

This is the player’s fault. 343 has provided the nessassary assets to win the game, while players new to Halo believe in CoD tactics to help them win. 343 has modified this to feel like CoD, but they also kept the ability to play a Halo tactic, then come on top.
They probably played a CoD demo, and believed every shooter to work like that since CoD is said to set examples in their view…

1. Vehicles are being phased out. They used to be crucial to winning in BTB, now they don’t even matter because they suck so bad. Hence CoD gameplay.

2. Ordnance is random. Instead of relying on random weapon drops, why shouldn’t I go out and kill people to get guaranteed ordnance drops? Hence CoD gameplay.

3. Since everyone is apparently a CoD kiddie who runs around never focusing on the objective, defending your base is meaningless. I can wait hours at my base, no one will ever come to it.

> but they also kept the ability to play a Halo tactic, then come on top.

Perks and Random Weapon Timers destroyed any strategy this game had.

Seems like these would all be Dominion problems to me because in any other gametype ive played these dont apply. In Dominion is where i most likely see these problems and its just the very basics of offensive gameplay. If you’ve played Invasion on Reach the offensive group always tend to leave behind helpful weapons because in most cases people want to go forward rather than go backwards when spawning, bad habits i suppose. Which is usually why defenders get the benefit of weapons. Nothing new its just habits from reach.

Play it like it’s CoD? What’s that even supposed to mean?
They play it the way they want to play it. You can’t control player behavior. It can be influenced, but never controlled.

> Play it like it’s CoD? What’s that even supposed to mean?
> They play it the way they want to play it. You can’t control player behavior. It can be influenced, but never controlled.

They play it like CoD. As in, running around without any clear thought-out plan. Ignoring things that are advantageous, if not necessary, to win the game because of run n’ gun logic.

So, if player behavior can never be controlled, then the game itself isn’t to blame for the way people play as much as how other games and what not have taught them to play?

I choose to reply to your comment as it seemed the only neutral one. I’ve talked with people who say, “343 made the game play that way!” and “Those players are just morons” before, and it never got me anywhere.

> 343 intended for that to happen to make the ‘gameplay faster’ lol…

Or that Halo has never been a franchise to promote strategy and teamwork through gameplay because with power weapons and heavy vehicles you can one-man-army your way through a lot of combat. Any directive can be summed up as “get 'em!” be it a flag, bomb carrier, territory, VIP, or just the other team. All that’s left is to simply gang up like a flock of geese and peck your way through whatever opposition presents itself with narry a command except “shoot the -Yoinks!-!”

At this point I’m surprised that the community hasn’t devolved to mere honking.

They play like its cod because the changes introduced in halo 4 dont promote teamplay. Dont know any way to put it besides that, nothing promotes teamwork and map control.

> 3. This one pertains directly to Dominion. I always end up being the only soul defending a base. Everyone else tries to rush and capture all the bases at once, thinking that they’ll win I guess. Then we lose every single base because nobody was defending them!

I know exactly how you feel on this one… People, for some non-apparent reason, do not know how to play dominion