Why do the Guardians have faces?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was going over some of the footage and pictures released and noticed that the Guardians have faces. This struck me as odd during the E3 demo. Why is it necessary that the Guardians have humanoid faces instead of a more artificial or construct oriented design? I personally liked the structure of the bird guardian from the 2013 E3 trailer.

E3 2013 design:
http://halofollower.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/halo-5-bird-resized.png

E3 2015 design:

This is no way indicative of every Guardian design, and there exists the possibility of multiple Guardian structures. Maybe their design is dependent upon the species living on that world, e.g. the E3 2015 design has some similarities to an Elite.

What are your thoughts on this.

The only thing resembling a face on any of them is lights where the eyes on any vertebrate would be.

I think you’re looking a little too into it…

> 2533274859413227;3:
> I think you’re looking a little too into it…

You’re probably right, though it does seem to have some resemblance to one.

I’m assuming it’s so they can eat food and look at things.

The real question should be what the Guardians eat.

The Forerunners put faces on quite a few of their constructs like War Sphinxes.

Because there are apparently multiple Guardians I am assuming the designs might be to help differentiate them. Another reason could be that the 2013 Guardian was just a concept art and the trailer, like the Locke v Chief live action, was symbolic.

> 2533274838142574;5:
> I’m assuming it’s so they can eat food and look at things.
>
> The real question should be what the Guardians eat.

The real question is if H5 will make a subtle hilarious nod to the Guardians killing us throughout the years of Halo’s MM

> 2533274881937413;8:
> > 2533274838142574;5:
> > I’m assuming it’s so they can eat food and look at things.
> >
> > The real question should be what the Guardians eat.
>
>
> The real question is if H5 will make a subtle hilarious nod to the Guardians killing us throughout the years of Halo’s MM

I’m still amused by the ‘theory’ stating that the Guardians from MP would be the antagonists in Halo 5.

Doesn’t the last paragraph of your post render the enitre thing redundant?

Surely some Revelation is at hand
Surely the Second Coming is at hand
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

Don’t know if Yeats had any hand in inspiring 343 with the Guardians or with the original Halo 5 E3 trailer, but this passage has been on my mind for a while. With the reintroduction of the Domain and the Reclamation imminent, the Second Coming may indeed be at hand.

> 2533274866682248;2:
> The only thing resembling a face on any of them is lights where the eyes on any vertebrate would be.

You aren’t looking close enough then.
The second one clearly has eye sockets, nostrils, a mouth, a chin, and eyebrows.

I think it’s impossible to tell until we have the game in our hands and know the nature of these Guardians. They supposedly alter the existing fiction in a “fundamental way” - perhaps they’re sentient? I don’t see how they could be so significant if they were merely machines.

> 2533274819302824;12:
> > 2533274866682248;2:
> > The only thing resembling a face on any of them is lights where the eyes on any vertebrate would be.
>
>
> You aren’t looking close enough then.
> The second one clearly has eye sockets, nostrils, a mouth, a chin, and eyebrows.

You could have at least TRIED to trace it better.

EDIT: For some reason it reminds me of an Ape or Gorilla for some odd reason.

I hope we get to fly one. Or at least do some Shadow of The Colossus style take down if they are evil.

Faces are a common Forerunner aesthetic, basically.

1. Forerunner are like the Mon Calimari; they have a unique look but everything built ends up being snowflake unique itself. The multiple Guardians can all look different.
  2. “We have used this facial facsimile to help facilitate your annihilation more comfortably. We hope you enjoyed your existence. Good day.”