Why do so many people like ODST FireFight?

Halo 3 ODST has an enjoyable campaign, but why do people like Firefight that much? There is no matchmaking, therefore, no one for me to play with. Then there is the fact, I find survival modes BORING. I played COD Black Ops Zombie mode until I discovered there is no end. ODST is the same way.

Halo Reach improved but there are still two problems.
1. Still no real point. Even with limited Sets or Roinds, there is still a feeling of pointlessness.
2. Matchmaking always places me in Arcade Firefigh, therefore no need to try to survive with limited weapons and ammo. Coop online always lags. I’m not sure why?

I actually have gotten rid of my 360 version of Halo 3 ODST; now I just have my ODST as part of TMCC. One complaint I have heard often is, “where is Firefight?” I just have never got Firefight. It just seems like a waste of time. Maybe it would be fun if it had matchmaking.

> 2535416616313329;1:
> Halo 3 ODST has an enjoyable campaign, but why do people like Firefight that much? There is no matchmaking, therefore, no one for me to play with. Then there is the fact, I find survival modes BORING. I played COD Black Ops Zombie mode until I discovered there is no end. ODST is the same way.
>
> Halo Reach improved but there are still two problems.
> 1. Still no real point. Even with limited Sets or Roinds, there is still a feeling of pointlessness.
> 2. Matchmaking always places me in Arcade Firefigh, therefore no need to try to survive with limited weapons and ammo. Coop online always lags. I’m not sure why?
>
> I actually have gotten rid of my 360 version of Halo 3 ODST; now I just have my ODST as part of TMCC. One complaint I have heard often is, “where is Firefight?” I just have never got Firefight. It just seems like a waste of time. Maybe it would be fun if it had matchmaking.

If you don’t like game modes where you face increasingly challenging rounds of enemies, then I guess they’re just not for you lol.

It’s just like any other friendly competition, especially if you have friends that play the game, to see who can get to the highest round. It’s like setting the high score in Pac-Man. In Zombies (WaW and BO) my group of four friends always tried to get to higher rounds than another group of my friends, simply because it was fun to see who could get the highest rank. It’s far better to play a game mode like this with people you know, than to match up with randoms who are totally clueless, which is why I was totally fine with no matchmaking in ODST.

Especially in the “golden age of split-screen”, you could boot up a FF or Zombies match with one of your friends instantly, and try to set a two man wave record. Fun way to pass the time really.

I like Reach’s more. Then 5. Then ODST

I am not a fan of Firefight personally and never have been, couldn’t get into it in ODST or Reach. That said, I can see its appeal. Firefight came at a time when the competition such as Call of Duty had unexpected success with co-operative survival modes such as -Yoink!- Zombies, with Gears also finding success with Horde mode by late 2008. Naturally, Microsoft made sure its largest franchise at the time had a game mode to capitalise on this and to also help add value to ODST/Reach.

Some people just enjoy surviving as long as they can, others like to beat high scores with their friends and its a game mode you can also quickly jump in to and provides something different than regular co-op. We all have had that friend or family member who struggles with Halo PvP but with a survival co-op mode, they too can enjoy the game.

Regarding the lag, this is due to ODST and Reach using P2P for Firefight. The host console and other players will need a fast connection to reduce lag/input lag. You can help improve this by ensuring you are using an ethernet cable, connecting to people who are close to you (e.g. UK/EU or U.S/NA) and ensuring your internet speed is not being throttled by your ISP.

Firefight was and still is alot of fun. It was something different for Halo that brought a new perspective to the series. Gears of War was having success with their Horde Mode so Bungie decided to give it a try with ODST and it worked. It made since for it to be in ODST as well because that’s what ODST’s do, fight the onslaught of never ending Covenant forces. It was a blast to play with friends and it was just a breath of fresh air. You played an ODST which was actually more human than a Spartan. You weren’t the invincible, super strong Spartan, you were a level below that where you had armor but no super human strength or Mjolnir armor

I had fun with Firefight though I only played some due to almost none of my personal friends playing Halo. When you do get to play with friends you know it is a lot more fun and appealing especially trying to get Endure or all the Firefight map achievements. Not everyone’s cup of tea though.

I played a few times when it first came out and back then, I wasn’t the biggest fan. I really like the firefight in Reach, though, because you can modify almost anything. Thinking about revisiting ODST now tbh.

Because it’s awesome! It’s tough, it’s supposed yo be hard. Your an ODST, you’re supposed to be hardcore.

it was hard

I have always been a fan of ODST Firefight, I loved the survival / Scavenger aspect with limited lives and most importantly, limited ammo! In order to survive you had to plan your shots and make do with what you can find on the ground.

1 reason I never liked Reach Arcade firefight was because of the unlimited ammo and unlimited lives… suddenly it meant nothing to be methodical and efficient like I was as an ODST.

> 2533274798980159;10:
> I have always been a fan of ODST Firefight, I loved the survival / Scavenger aspect with limited lives and most importantly, limited ammo! In order to survive you had to plan your shots and make do with what you can find on the ground.
>
> 1 reason I never liked Reach Arcade firefight was because of the unlimited ammo and unlimited lives… suddenly it meant nothing to be methodical and efficient like I was as an ODST.

Halo Reach still has classic Firefight. Classic Firefight isn’t too different from ODST other than the AbIilities and unlimited ammo crates. You can customize it to remove ammo crates, loadouts, ordinance, and many other details. The customization is the reason I got rid of Halo ODST(X360). I can always play Reach if I change my mind about Firefight and I have the ODST campaign as part of TMCC.

I agree that Arcade Firefight is not fun. It is boring. Everyone has heavy weapons with unlimited ammo. No point of being careful. I don’t know why Arcade is always chosen in Reach matchmaking. I like the customization in Reach Firefight. I just got bored(a few years ago) of playing solo.