Why do so many people hate on 343i?

I mean honestly go to the halo 4 section its nothing bu 343 hate.
And they really haven’t done anything to deserve it i mean most people say its because of reach but if i remember correctly that was all bungie.
The only thing they did with reach was the defiant map pack which in my oppinion the defiant maps were better than any of the maps that came with reach i will admit it was overpriced but still.
The forunner saga was great gasslands was meh.
Then we have halo anniversary which was in no way a failure.
They have not earned any of the hate halo 4 is the first game their making from scratch so give them a chance to prove themselfs.

First of all Halo CEA was anything but perfect, but it wasn’t a failed attempt. It was (at least for me and my friends) a bargain.

Second, yes Bungie is to blame for Reach and everything about it. But people are mad at 343 for carrying over things like loadouts and armor abilities into what they I guess at this point wrongly assumed would be their game. Their Halo 3 successor, not Reach 2 as it looks on paper right now. As I just said though, on paper it looks like Reach 2, but I am happy to be proved wrong by a game play video that lasts longer than 15 seconds.

I don’t really care, I’m getting the game for the campaign mostly. But everything I hear about the multiplayer puts a bad taste in my mouth. Again though, waiting to be proved wrong.

But the positive guy in me thinks that regardless of what it sounds like it will be, it’s what it plays like that will be important. And I hope it plays like Halo. I hope it’s a good game. I’m waiting to be proved wrong.

Halo universe was freaking well done.

I agree about the H4 MP but the campaign i know will be amazing. Its hard to mess up a Halo campaign.

Its all preference IMO. People have different experience with different companies so its up to the user/fan!

Well I gave 343 a lot of rope as the years went on. Legends was decent, Evoulrions and the Forerunner saga are excellent…but then we have things that are overall meh, like CEA, and downright dreadful things like Glasslands and how they treated the re-releases of the first three novels AND how they treat new editions of the others.

I agree with Cobra about the recent lore additions (the re-release bugs me)

But on Reach, they have made several positive steps, the recent Reach updates are good.

I like CEA a lot and i think they did pretty good with it. I mainly respect the developers/Game designers/artists/directors because at Halo fest they didn’t toss you aside like a left over salad. >.> I had long conversations about what they thought and they understood how i felt about Halo’s future. Humberto Castaneda/Zhi Min Chen were very awesome guys to talk to and they are very open minded. Mainly the people that truly work on the game specificialy or the art are the best people to talk to for information IMO. Maybe this year everyone will be friendly who knows…

PS:I can’t forget Frankie and Chad Armstrong they both called my friend a noob for B’s and G’s ! Cleaner way of saying smites a giggles xD

At this point, it’s not that I don’t have any faith in 343… it’s that I know Microsoft won’t let anyone screw up what is without a doubt their most successful IP on Xbox. Halo made the Xbox, and from a financial point of view -Yoink!- won’t just let any old studio have their way with their baby. Our Lord Bill Gates will see to it that Chief gets the proper treatment, I promise you. And for what it’s worth 343 has shown great devotion to the series and I think because this is their first full game a lot of pressure is stacked on them from all of us. Nobody knew Bungie was making Halo or what it was about until they played it. It’s only because we have an established series already that we are scared that a new studio behind the wheel will ruin it. From everything I have heard from the select few who had the chance to play the game, they say it plays like Halo. And isn’t that what matters most of all?

Will it beat Black Ops 2 in sales? Probably not, We’ll see what hype they got for us June 5th but don’t hold your breath.

Will it be a great game? Guaranteed

Will it measure up to past Halo’s? C’mon man, the Chief is back! And he is starting a whole new fight to finish over the next X amount of years. Forerunner weapons, more weapons in general, Forerunners period. C’mon man you already know what time it is. Rail Gun baby.

The more I think about it, the less scared I am. I believe.

Whilst I’m sure that some people do have legitimate reasons for disliking 343, I am also sure a large number of people opinions boil down to “They aren’t Bungie so I hate them”

> I agree with Cobra about the recent lore additions (the re-release bugs me)
>
> But on Reach, they have made <mark>one</mark> positive steps, the recent Reach updates are good.

Those I’ve thanked, are points I agree with.

343i is a newer game developer, they don’t have a lot under their belt that as a game developer, but they have a few good points going for them, some of the new novels they’ve released, the motion comics, Waypoint, the videos, the community (the good members), They haven’t had a whole lot of bad things about them, at lest to me, yeah, a lot of people have their own opinion about some of the new things in Halo, and to me, if feels like every one wants a Halo 3.5 or a Halo 2.75, and all of this new stuff that was in Reach and is being added to Halo 4, they want gone because a lot of people treat new features like apples, if they’re bad, throw them out, but they should be treated like lumber, if you got a knote, a crown, or a twist in the board, either use that lumber in a different way, or down size it. If it has a ruff surface, some pain, uneven cut, mill it down, and cut off the uneven cut with a straighter cut. People throw around the “If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it” term around a lot, when they should be saying “I’m scared of improvements, if it’s broke, throw it out, if it’s not broke, don’t do any thing to it.”

Also, like what Mrmewington said, there are some blind hate because 343i isn’t Bungie. There’s a lot of hate of change, there’s people who hate it because they want the game developer to copy and past the game over and over and over, because in their mind it’s perfect. There’s people who hate because there’s a new Developer.
Now lets talk PC vs Xbox on these forums, go a head and look up some of the old “Halo 4 PC” threads in the Halo 4 forum board, you’ll find a few that are full of people saying “Halo should be Xbox only”, or “Halo was meant for the Xbox”, people can some times be scared of change, and it shows.

Personally, I don’t hate 343i, I like them better than Bungie, but mostly because for me, Bungie was the original developers of Halo, the people who stopped developing Halo with PC/mac in mind, and moved to Xbox, and not really doing much for the community, at lest as much as 343i has, 343i has done some amazing things for the community, I see updates of community members doing stuff on the front page, I some times see videos from the community on the front page.

Granted most of what I’ve said is my opinions of what I’ve seen and how I feel about things and people here.

> I mean honestly go to the halo 4 section its nothing bu 343 hate.
> And they really haven’t done anything to deserve it i mean most people say its because of reach but if i remember correctly that was all bungie.
> The only thing they did with reach was the defiant map pack which in my oppinion the defiant maps were better than any of the maps that came with reach i will admit it was overpriced but still.
> The forunner saga was great gasslands was meh.
> Then we have halo anniversary which was in no way a failure.
> They have not earned any of the hate halo 4 is the first game their making from scratch so give them a chance to prove themselfs.

Why do I hate on 343? Because every update they have done, have changed reach for the worst. TU was a failure. Everything they do removes content from reach, and /or replaces it with something much worse. They force near all playlists to use TU settings despite knowing that TU has a much lower following, and alot of people hate it, myself included (Proof is shown with super slayer vs team slayer).

They choose not to spend what little time they do on reach on anything productive such as: bug fixes, we all know reach needs it.
Adding content to playlists, playlists lack so much good community created content in favour of mostly trash maps/gametypes for example “team hotshot” - what is this -Yoink-?

They have done things with halo 4 that have upset the community:
Removed playable elites.
Taken away dual wielding.
Added Call of Duty style customisable loadouts in favour of the standard loadouts for matchmaking.
Strange new grunts that most people dislike, due to canon, lack of cuteness, and other reasons.

Admittedly they are not all bad, they have done some while few things to improve the next halo:
New elites look amazing.
Graphics have been slightly improved.
Spartan Ops sound promising, even though they cut out firefight for it.

While it is not yet hopeless 343 have a lot to prove if they are to ever earn the respect of the full community instead of a select few.
S

People are always angry when a new game is being made. At the B.Net forums people were going mad that Halo 3 looked terrible same with ODST and Reach. Well with every game really.

> Whilst I’m sure that some people do have legitimate reasons for disliking 343, I am also sure a large number of people opinions boil down to “They aren’t Bungie so I hate them”

IMO, that’s a weak argument and is just an insult to 343i

The answer is simple-many of the “hardcore” players want each new halo to be a carbon copy of the first three games. These people are the most vocal, so even if a majority of halo fans like the way halo 4 is turning out, it will seem like everyone hates the game. Personally, I like the changes 343i is making. Without them, Halo will lose most of it’s fan base and become a futuristic version of COD-every game the exact same.

I have faith in 343 - Mainly because their also fans of the franchise and its clear that they really are trying to make Halo the best, and not just milking the franchise for money.

Also, tell me how Frankie isnt awesome!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waTNx24vrj4

> > I mean honestly go to the halo 4 section its nothing bu 343 hate.
> > And they really haven’t done anything to deserve it i mean most people say its because of reach but if i remember correctly that was all bungie.
> > The only thing they did with reach was the defiant map pack which in my oppinion the defiant maps were better than any of the maps that came with reach i will admit it was overpriced but still.
> > The forunner saga was great gasslands was meh.
> > Then we have halo anniversary which was in no way a failure.
> > They have not earned any of the hate halo 4 is the first game their making from scratch so give them a chance to prove themselfs.
>
> Why do I hate on 343? Because every update they have done, have changed reach for the worst. TU was a failure. Everything they do removes content from reach, and /or replaces it with something much worse. They force near all playlists to use TU settings despite knowing that TU has a much lower following, and alot of people hate it, myself included (Proof is shown with super slayer vs team slayer).
>
> They choose not to spend what little time they do on reach on anything productive such as: bug fixes, we all know reach needs it.
> Adding content to playlists, playlists lack so much good community created content in favour of mostly trash maps/gametypes for example “team hotshot” - what is this Yoink!?
>
> They have done things with halo 4 that have upset the community:
> Removed playable elites.
> Taken away dual wielding.
> Added Call of Duty style customisable loadouts in favour of the standard loadouts for matchmaking.
> Strange new grunts that most people dislike, due to canon, lack of cuteness, and other reasons.
>
> Admittedly they are not all bad, they have done some while few things to improve the next halo:
> New elites look amazing.
> Graphics have been slightly improved.
> Spartan Ops sound promising, even though they cut out firefight for it.
>
> While it is not yet hopeless 343 have a lot to prove if they are to ever earn the respect of the full community instead of a select few.
> S

The way i see it 343 should not be spending any time on reach.
It was doomed from the start why should 343 have to clean up bungie’s mess and then get hated for it more then bungie was?

They should be throwing everything they have at halo 4.

Change is good i don’t know about everyone else but i don’t want to see halo going down the road of cod never changing anything ever just re-releasing the same old boring content every year with slighty better graphics.

And i have to agree with you about the grunts they are pretty hideous.