Why do so many people hate Halo 4?

I always read comments from people who say that Halo4 was the worst halo game to date but I dont see it. There were definetly things that I disliked about halo4 but I thought halo4 had a great campaign (better than halo 5 in my opinion) and fun fast paced multiplayer. The biggest argument I read is that halo4 wasnt competitive. Even though im more of a casual player Istill thought halo 4 was competetive. Just wanted to know everybodys thoughts on halo4 what you liked and disliked. Personally I would like to see some maps from halo 4 return to halo 5 like Adrift, haven, and complex. Let me know what you guys think.

Hi OP this does not belong in the H5 forum.

wew lad

Doesn’t belong in the H5 forum though

Halo 4 in my opinion was a great game. The campaign for Halo 4 in my opinion was a much better Halo type campaign and the multiplayer was good, I very much enjoyed Dominion, Spartan Ops and the few games of custom games players hosted. But this is Halo 5 forum.

Sorry I should have put this in general discussion.

Because there are a large portion of players who literally only play multiplayer, and Halo 4 had a very controversial multiplayer.

Halo 4 was one of the best overall because it had a great driving vision behind it that it accomplished. The world-building aspect of Halo 4 was incredible, and it set the stage for the rest of 343’s Halos.

> 2533274801472802;6:
> Because there are a large portion of players who literally only play multiplayer, and Halo 4 had a very controversial multiplayer.
>
> Halo 4 was one of the best overall because it had a great driving vision behind it that it accomplished. The world-building aspect of Halo 4 was incredible, and it set the stage for the rest of 343’s Halos.

Which explains why Halo 5 pretty much ignores everything that happened in Halo 4.

Halo 4 was a great game - but really, all of them have been in their own right. I thought the loadouts, while counter to the nature of Halo, was very cool and a fresh take on the multiplayer formula we’d grown accustomed to. The campaign was well done too, though in retrospect felt very small compared to what they did with 5 (I guess you could say it’s the exact same thing we saw in the transition from CE > 2).

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274801472802;6:
> > Because there are a large portion of players who literally only play multiplayer, and Halo 4 had a very controversial multiplayer.
> >
> > Halo 4 was one of the best overall because it had a great driving vision behind it that it accomplished. The world-building aspect of Halo 4 was incredible, and it set the stage for the rest of 343’s Halos.
>
>
> Which explains why Halo 5 pretty much ignores everything that happened in Halo 4.

Halo 5 would have been so much better off if it actually continued upon Halo 4’s story.

H4 was a CoD wannabe. Campaign, good. Everything else, not.

Loadouts. Killcams. Grenade hit markers. Perks and abilities. No power weapons or map control. No equal starts.

Basically took everything away that made Halo, and titled it Halo. Killed the franchise.

Halo 5, went back. I truly enjoy the MM of this game.

> 2533274824216729;4:
> Halo 4 in my opinion was a great game. The campaign for Halo 4 in my opinion was a much better Halo type campaign and the multiplayer was good, I very much enjoyed Dominion, Spartan Ops and the few games of custom games players hosted. But this is Halo 5 forum.

Same, except for Dominion…I enjoy Rumble Pit more.

Campaign was great i thought, multiplayer was terrible though