Why Do Pro Players Do This?

Honest question: One thing I’ve observed from watching a lot of pro players recently that’s really bugged me is that most of them occasionally do a little “swirling” or circular motion with the right analog stick, almost like a twitch. I assume it has a purpose, but it gets really annoying to watch after a while. Anyone know why this is? Is it to keep their fingers warm? Or is it just a weird niche habit?

> 2533274834670861;1:
> Honest question: One thing I’ve observed from watching a lot of pro players recently that’s really bugged me is that most of them occasionally do a little “swirling” or circular motion with the right analog stick, almost like a twitch. I assume it has a purpose, but it gets really annoying to watch after a while. Anyone know why this is? Is it to keep their fingers warm? Or is it just a weird niche habit?

It’s to keep their fingers warm.

It’s called the Ogre Twitch. People used to say it calibrated your right analog stick on OG Xbox but it’s probably just a habit by this point.

I think it has to do with older controllers and trying to reset the analog, I think. Newer controllers don’t need it, but old habbits die hard. I read a similar post like a year ago almost

Yeah, it was a reset for the old controller stick. Not sure if it worked or not, but it’s most likely just a habit in this day and age. If you watch old Ogre twin videos, you can see them doing it back in the original CE days.

Yeah, it’s called the Ogre Twitch. Proximitty Cx explains it very well in this video. Go to the 2 minute mark and he explains exactly why it’s done and even gives some good examples as to how it helps keep your fingers “warm” so to speak.

You are all right it was to recalibrate the old Xbox analog sticks but now it’s used as a mental reminder for their sensitivity

I don’t get how they do it when I try do it its a wide oval shaped instead of a circle.

I actaully spent 2 hours last night just trying to do it. It keeps going in a diagonal oval at best.

The YouTuber (Proximitty cx) Proximitty made a video on this subject.