Why do people want "Central" weapon balance?

I know in any game one weapon will always be the top gun, the one with the highest % of kills. It happens. I’m fine with it, If it works it’s good.

Yet at times Halo angers me with it’s ability to make weapons POINTLESS. Weapons that either need to be duel wielded or weapons that take so much effort to kill with using them is pointless.

The magnum from Halo2
The Plasma Weapons from almost any game after Halo:CE
The Spiker
The SMG from Halo 2
The Needler from Halo 2
The Shotgun in almost all games after Halo:CE

However the “Rifle” of the game regardless still holds power, Regardless of how much they nerf it or make it “harder” to use it takes center stage. And becomes a near necessity.

It’s as if Halo 2, 3, and Reach are about holding the “Rifle” of the game, A power Weapon or some vehicles. ANd if you don’t have at least one of those things you are pretty much whooped.

They “Fix” it by making that weapon your starting. Yet then nobody has a need to pick up any weapon OTHER then a power weapon or another rifle of near power.

No more Central

Well of course one or a few guns will always have a monoply on the kills in Halo. It’s fine. However lets make every gun have a use. You should be able to hold any gun in the game and be able to say “Well as long as I do “X” and “Y” I can hold my own for a bit” Even if you still want the rifle, you wont feel like you are going to be destroyed without it.

Guns should be able to do multiple kills per clip. For example the Assault Rifle should be able to kill at least 2 people from a 32 round clip. The DMR/BR should be 3-5 kills per clip (headshots help a lot). OF course the Shotgun would be a possible 8-12 kills.

Plasma guns are tricky. Stun would be nice. Or have the “bolts” move quicker and deal a little more armor damage. And with that as I said that one or a few guns would be on top, OF course there would be a gun or two that have low kill counts. Yet not because they are so weak and useless you literally can’t kill with them.

In short

Every gun needs to be good. Every vehicle needs to be good. People need to move quicker, Shields should recharge faster, Health would be nice to have (Reach/CE style). And that’s it.

Agreed. I’d like to see the SMG make a prominent re-appearance strong enough to combat even the toughest of weapons.

Well, 5-12 shots per clip/overheat from any gun is rather insane. IMO the max on any weapon should be 3-4, with 4 resting on particularly skillful use of your chosen kill-a-majig.

Otherwise I agree. “Central” weapons kill depth by killing diversity, limiting the number of possible responses any player has and so the number of things you have to consider and the level of strategy that can be applied to the game. So Halo would be well served by moving away from the model.

Yes, I agree 100%. This is what I thought Halo should have always been like. Halo 1 was like that, why did things ever change?

> Yes, I agree 100%. This is what I thought Halo should have always been like. Halo 1 was like that, why did things ever change?

Bungie somehow thought Pistols on Blood Gulch was all people wanted.

Yeah, It’ll be nice for once if battle rifle or DMR wasn’t entirely used. Dang that DMR, it’s one of the most useful weapons made in Halo.

> I know in any game one weapon will always be the top gun, the one with the highest % of kills. It happens. I’m fine with it, If it works it’s good.
>
> Yet at times Halo angers me with it’s ability to make weapons POINTLESS. Weapons that either need to be duel wielded or weapons that take so much effort to kill with using them is pointless.
>
> The magnum from Halo2
> The Plasma Weapons from almost any game after Halo:CE
> The Spiker
> The SMG from Halo 2
> The Needler from Halo 2
> The Shotgun in almost all games after Halo:CE
>
> However the “Rifle” of the game regardless still holds power, Regardless of how much they nerf it or make it “harder” to use it takes center stage. And becomes a near necessity.
>
> It’s as if Halo 2, 3, and Reach are about holding the “Rifle” of the game, A power Weapon or some vehicles. ANd if you don’t have at least one of those things you are pretty much whooped.
>
> They “Fix” it by making that weapon your starting. Yet then nobody has a need to pick up any weapon OTHER then a power weapon or another rifle of near power.
>
> No more Central
>
> Well of course one or a few guns will always have a monoply on the kills in Halo. It’s fine. However lets make every gun have a use. You should be able to hold any gun in the game and be able to say “Well as long as I do “X” and “Y” I can hold my own for a bit” Even if you still want the rifle, you wont feel like you are going to be destroyed without it.
>
> Guns should be able to do multiple kills per clip. For example the Assault Rifle should be able to kill at least 2 people from a 32 round clip. The DMR/BR should be 3-5 kills per clip (headshots help a lot). OF course the Shotgun would be a possible 8-12 kills.
>
> Plasma guns are tricky. Stun would be nice. Or have the “bolts” move quicker and deal a little more armor damage. And with that as I said that one or a few guns would be on top, OF course there would be a gun or two that have low kill counts. Yet not because they are so weak and useless you literally can’t kill with them.
>
> In short
>
> Every gun needs to be good. Every vehicle needs to be good. People need to move quicker, Shields should recharge faster, <mark>Health would be nice to have (Reach/CE style).</mark> And that’s it.

I agree with everything except that. Rechargeable health speeds up gameplay exponentially.