Why do people spawn with plasma grenades?

Legitimately curious, what was 343’s reasoning behind this decision?

343 has no idea what makes gameplay balanced, obviously.

Or they thought it would be a good idea to completely destroy vehicular play with the ability to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades.

Agreed. The decision completely ruins game play in my opinion.

> 343 has no idea what makes gameplay balanced, obviously.
>
> Or they thought it would be a good idea to completely destroy vehicular play with the ability to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades.

It is pretty annoying in slayer as well, when you outplay someone and they save themselves with a lucky stick. They are a power weapon basically. If you ask me they should be restricted to ordnance drops.

> > 343 has no idea what makes gameplay balanced, obviously.
> >
> > Or they thought it would be a good idea to completely destroy vehicular play with the ability to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades.
>
> It is pretty annoying in slayer as well, when you outplay someone and they save themselves with a lucky stick. They are a power weapon basically. If you ask me they should be restricted to ordnance drops.

They were never classified as power weapons and still aren’t.

> > > 343 has no idea what makes gameplay balanced, obviously.
> > >
> > > Or they thought it would be a good idea to completely destroy vehicular play with the ability to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades.
> >
> > It is pretty annoying in slayer as well, when you outplay someone and they save themselves with a lucky stick. They are a power weapon basically. If you ask me they should be restricted to ordnance drops.
>
> They were never classified as power weapons and still aren’t.

They should be. Spawning with 2 insta kills pretty much

Well that is a good question.

Here are a few reasons,
-Sticking Grunts.
-Sticking annoying team killers in vehicles.
-Sticking for the purpose of sticking.
-Sticking someone is on par with tea-bagging in the funny department.

Well you could also ask…
-Why do people ask why do people spawn with them?
-Why do people not see the funny part of this?
-Why do people even care whether or not you start with them?
-Why do people keep making threads about this?

All equally solvable and legitimate questions.

Did i solve the riddle that is called Stick Grenades? Nope.

Was this a constructive post? Perhaps, but that is debatable.

> Well that is a good question.
>
> Here are a few reasons,
> -Sticking Grunts.
> -Sticking annoying team killers in vehicles.
> -Sticking for the purpose of sticking.
> -Sticking someone is on par with tea-bagging in the funny department.
>
>
> Well you could also ask…
> -Why do people ask why do people spawn with them?
> -Why do people not see the funny part of this?
> -Why do people even care whether or not you start with them?
> -Why do people keep making threads about this?
>
> All equally solvable and legitimate questions.
>
> Did i solve the riddle that is called Stick Grenades? Nope.
>
> Was this a constructive post? Perhaps, but that is debatable.

…yes

Like the Boltshot and Plasma Pistol, I think 343i wanted to add “variety” into the loadouts, but didn’t think about the consequences. These weapons should have been placed on the map. Having everyone spawn with them was and still is a bad idea; especially for vehicular combat.

> Like the Boltshot and Plasma Pistol, I think 343i wanted to add “variety” into the loadouts, but didn’t think about the consequences. These weapons should have been placed on the map. Having everyone spawn with them was and still is a bad idea; especially for vehicular combat.

Agreed

> Like the Boltshot and Plasma Pistol, I think 343i wanted to add “variety” into the loadouts, but didn’t think about the consequences. These weapons should have been placed on the map. Having everyone spawn with them was and still is a bad idea; especially for vehicular combat.

While Boltshot is overpowered yes. But use the Operator ability to shorten the duration of EMP charges on vehicles.

Why you ask? Because 343 wanted to give lesser-skilled players (who can’t normally out-skill their opponents) a crutch so that they wouldn’t die completely empty-handed. Essentially, they are punishing skilled players by allowing the blindly rushing scrubs the chance to get that last-second stick in before their inevitable death. It’s beginning to become more and more of a nuissance on 4v4 Infinity Slayer now.

> Why you ask? Because 343 wanted to give lesser-skilled players (who can’t normally out-skill their opponents) a crutch so that they wouldn’t die completely empty-handed. Essentially, they are punishing skilled players by allowing the blindly rushing scrubs the chance to get that last-second stick in before their inevitable death. It’s beginning to become more and more of a nuissance on 4v4 Infinity Slayer now.

It’s also called stop trying to run to the enemy for melee’s and he can’t do it.

> Why you ask? Because 343 wanted to give lesser-skilled players (who can’t normally out-skill their opponents) a crutch so that they wouldn’t die completely empty-handed. Essentially, they are punishing skilled players by allowing the blindly rushing scrubs the chance to get that last-second stick in before their inevitable death. It’s beginning to become more and more of a nuissance on 4v4 Infinity Slayer now.

This is what I was thinking. People who can’t aim as well and who can’t keep up with my jumping and strafing movements get a chance to kill me completely unfair b slamming grenades in my direction.

> > Why you ask? Because 343 wanted to give lesser-skilled players (who can’t normally out-skill their opponents) a crutch so that they wouldn’t die completely empty-handed. Essentially, they are punishing skilled players by allowing the blindly rushing scrubs the chance to get that last-second stick in before their inevitable death. It’s beginning to become more and more of a nuissance on 4v4 Infinity Slayer now.
>
> It’s also called stop trying to run to the enemy for melee’s and he can’t do it.

That’s a nice assumption you have there. So what should I do with my Scattershot, Shotgun, or Sword now? Just try to snipe with them? Seriously, CQC weapons have become less viable and more pointless now that these players can just spawn with stickies and crap them out upon their deserved death.

> > > Why you ask? Because 343 wanted to give lesser-skilled players (who can’t normally out-skill their opponents) a crutch so that they wouldn’t die completely empty-handed. Essentially, they are punishing skilled players by allowing the blindly rushing scrubs the chance to get that last-second stick in before their inevitable death. It’s beginning to become more and more of a nuissance on 4v4 Infinity Slayer now.
> >
> > It’s also called stop trying to run to the enemy for melee’s and he can’t do it.
>
> Nice way to assume. So what should I do with my Scattershot, Shotgun, or Sword now? Just try to snipe them? Seriously, CQC weapons have become less viable and more pointless now that these players can just spawn with stickies and crap them out upon their deserved death.

Sword is mostly the answer for sticky players. Don’t let people know you got a Shotgun/Scattershot. Stick to challenges and pull out the shotty if your opponent comes close-quarters.

I do it all the time and it hardly fails because they hardly have a clue if they know it’s you or another player. Just charging at them with a Shotgun is easily going to make them notice.

Also it’s easy for shotgun and sword users to be screwed over by bolt shots.

> > > > Why you ask? Because 343 wanted to give lesser-skilled players (who can’t normally out-skill their opponents) a crutch so that they wouldn’t die completely empty-handed. Essentially, they are punishing skilled players by allowing the blindly rushing scrubs the chance to get that last-second stick in before their inevitable death. It’s beginning to become more and more of a nuissance on 4v4 Infinity Slayer now.
> > >
> > > It’s also called stop trying to run to the enemy for melee’s and he can’t do it.
> >
> > Nice way to assume. So what should I do with my Scattershot, Shotgun, or Sword now? Just try to snipe them? Seriously, CQC weapons have become less viable and more pointless now that these players can just spawn with stickies and crap them out upon their deserved death.
>
> Sword is mostly the answer for sticky players. Don’t let people know you got a Shotgun/Scattershot. Stick to challenges and pull out the shotty if your opponent comes close-quarters.
>
> I do it all the time and it hardly fails because they hardly have a clue if they know it’s you or another player. Just charging at them with a Shotgun is easily going to make them notice.

Once again, you’re assuming that you know how I play. I don’t “charge” players head-first and so obviously with my CQC weapons. Stealthy use of these weapons is mostly irrelevant now thanks to Promethean Vision and the fact that these bad players almost always pull the left trigger before their death in close quarters, which now, more than ever, releases stickies.

> > Like the Boltshot and Plasma Pistol, I think 343i wanted to add “variety” into the loadouts, but didn’t think about the consequences. These weapons should have been placed on the map. Having everyone spawn with them was and still is a bad idea; especially for vehicular combat.
>
> While Boltshot is overpowered yes. But use the Operator ability to shorten the duration of EMP charges on vehicles.

I know, I use it. but it still doesn’t help tooo much when there’s like 10 plasma grenades coming at you. Then again, the plasma pistol wouldn’t be so annoying if it wasn’t followed by a flurry of plasma grenades.

Panic sticks always existed. You spawned with two plasmas on every covenant level. This is nothing new. If you were not able to spawn with sticks then vehicles would become over powered. If you get stuck when you have a sword you were not playing crafty enough to kill them without them having enough time to react and stick you. I get stuck all the time, am I upset? No because I kill them more times than they get the lucky stick on me. If you get killed by sticks every time you die then it has to do with your play style rather than the grenades.