Why do people say this?

I’ve noticed that some people say that making new Halo games is pointless and like beating a dead horse, and I have to ask what is their mentality on this thought? Halo is very much alive and can keep changing and stay fresh and it’s one of the few games I’ve seen that can actually manage that feat with more than 3 sequels. It has quite arguably the most complex storylines I’ve ever seen in a video game series and it still has so much potential to keep pushing forward. For those who think the covenant threat ended in Halo 3, it didn’t, there are still many covenant sects that are still around, not to mention life’s inevitable doom with the threat of the flood (but we’ll fight them to our last living breath.). And also from a multiplayer standpoint there are many more possibilities to try with any new gamemodes, forging capabilities, armor perms, weapons, etc. And I don’t think that it would really be fair to compare Reach to Halo 4, or any other Halo for that matter, don’t get me wrong Reach is an awesome game, but it doesn’t quite have that “magic feeling” the other Halos had. Just because Bungie’s leaving Halo doesn’t mean that the series won’t be good anymore, 343 has witnessed Halo since its beginning (maybe not physically as a company, but the people who work there) they know exactly what the fans want and what they expect, I for one have high hopes for a new trilogy and can’t wait for another rockin’ ten years of Halo.

Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.

> Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.

I think that any Halo that isn’t necessarily about the Chief doesn’t exactly need as much storyline substance to it. Not that other Halo stories can’t be interesting, it’s just that Chief is kind of the center of the Haloverse you know?

> > Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.
>
> I think that any Halo that isn’t necessarily about the Chief doesn’t exactly need as much storyline substance to it. Not that other Halo stories can’t be interesting, it’s just that Chief is kind of the center of the Haloverse you know?

He’s what made the series. He’s the protagonist of Halo. It doesn’t feel right without him.

> > > Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.
> >
> > I think that any Halo that isn’t necessarily about the Chief doesn’t exactly need as much storyline substance to it. Not that other Halo stories can’t be interesting, it’s just that Chief is kind of the center of the Haloverse you know?
>
> He’s what made the series. He’s the protagonist of Halo. It doesn’t feel right without him.

He was essential for the (first) trilogy, but I don’t think that Halo games without MC are a bad idea. I very much liked ODST exactly because you didn’t play a ridiculously powerful super soldier for a change.

> > > > Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.
> > >
> > > I think that any Halo that isn’t necessarily about the Chief doesn’t exactly need as much storyline substance to it. Not that other Halo stories can’t be interesting, it’s just that Chief is kind of the center of the Haloverse you know?
> >
> > He’s what made the series. He’s the protagonist of Halo. It doesn’t feel right without him.
>
> He was essential for the (first) trilogy, but I don’t think that Halo games without MC are a bad idea. I very much liked ODST exactly because you didn’t play a ridiculously powerful super soldier for a change.

ODST and Reach are the two most hated games. Note the lack of the Master Chief.

I’m curious as to where you get that information? :slight_smile:

Grim

> > > > > Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.
> > > >
> > > > I think that any Halo that isn’t necessarily about the Chief doesn’t exactly need as much storyline substance to it. Not that other Halo stories can’t be interesting, it’s just that Chief is kind of the center of the Haloverse you know?
> > >
> > > He’s what made the series. He’s the protagonist of Halo. It doesn’t feel right without him.
> >
> > He was essential for the (first) trilogy, but I don’t think that Halo games without MC are a bad idea. I very much liked ODST exactly because you didn’t play a ridiculously powerful super soldier for a change.
>
> ODST and Reach are the two most hated games. Note the lack of the Master Chief.

Also note that ODST lacked any kind of matchmaking, and that Reach’s multiplayer is hated. Could be coincidence, could be narrow-minded people. I guess it’s an (un)healthy mix of both.

> > > > > Many people believe that the Halo franchise has been “milked.” This of corse is not true, but, the stories of the past few Halo’s could have been a little longer and had more flesh to them.
> > > >
> > > > I think that any Halo that isn’t necessarily about the Chief doesn’t exactly need as much storyline substance to it. Not that other Halo stories can’t be interesting, it’s just that Chief is kind of the center of the Haloverse you know?
> > >
> > > He’s what made the series. He’s the protagonist of Halo. It doesn’t feel right without him.
> >
> > He was essential for the (first) trilogy, but I don’t think that Halo games without MC are a bad idea. I very much liked ODST exactly because you didn’t play a ridiculously powerful super soldier for a change.
>
> ODST and Reach are the two most hated games. Note the lack of the Master Chief.

ODST relied too much on story. Raging kill-addicts despised the lack of MP and explosions.
Reach wasn’t too good.

Well, after Reach…

I can understand a lot of people’s cynicism. I think a lot of those people don’t realize Halo is under new management now, that will hopefully get the series back on track, and save it from mediocrity.

Well if Halo is “being milked” whats the COD franchise? There are still many sucessful franchise games that have 7 or more games FF being one and the Dynasty Warriors series being another.