Why do people not use the mark feature in ranked?

Iv so far reached diamond V on crossplay solo and the most annoying problem i keep facing is that only every 10 matches or so my team actually uses the marking system to spot the enemies. Why is this, why does the majority of the playerbase not use it?

Personally i find it really helpful during ranked since there is no motion sensor and its good to call out where the enemies are coming from. Sure some people are probably already in voice chats, but that still doesn’t make the feature any less useful especially if you are playing even with one random.

1 Like

I’ve seen it used a few times, I think it just varies from experience.

1 Like

Because everyone is sweating lol (jk), but you have a lot of new players to the franchise, Halo has always had a team component to it that others don’t, so naturally, those players feel like they can win the game on their own. Over time more people will realize that working with their team will get them more wins.

1 Like

It’s probably for the same reason I don’t do it often either. I don’t not mark things on purpose, but I’m usually thrown into combat so fast that I forget about marking.

2 Likes

I second this. I am essentially in constant engagements with the enemies and all of my fingers are pre-occupied with switching weapons, throwing grenades, zooming in, etc. There is pretty much no time for my hands to be doing anything other than addressing the current fight. That’s why VC is where I’m doing the callouts, literally. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

There isn’t enough buttons for it to mark organically. I only use it if I can safely mark while not fighting. But a lot of the time you can’t take the time to mark because you’re in the engagement or busy inputting something at the same time. Any time your hands off the sticks is a risk.

I just use my headset and callout for the entire game. Usually to silence, but I have had messages after the game thanking me so I guess it helps.

1 Like

Personally I think it’s placement is awkward on bumper jumper (it’s up on D pad).
Can’t really find a good place for it though.

1 Like

I use it all the time, its great for alerting my team mates to threats, weapons/equipment, or objectives. It can also help you learn the names of the areas around the maps. To top it off, it can allow players who don’t normally chat to still communicate with the team.

1 Like

probably because its kinda hard to do it on controller unless you map it to a main button but then you have to put an actual gameplay thing on a weird button

one nice thing about mkb tho is its really easy to ping and even fight at the same time

1 Like

I think for the most part it’s just hard to do in mind combat.

When not in combat it’s no problem, but since it’s a new feature to the franchise no one has the habit of using it yet. I think over time more people will use the ping feature, especially when playing solo.

1 Like

Seconded - I’m on Bumper Jumper too. In ranked when it’s pretty much constantly sweaty, it genuinely doesn’t feel natural to do it in game. It is 100% helpful - particularly in solo/duo - but need it mapped to a different button; not sure where I’d put it.

1 Like