Why do people not like sprint?

Just curious what the reasons are for not liking sprint.
I think it would be kind of dumb not to have the ability to sprint in any modern fps.

Because I’m old school. I’ve been playing since CE and just never saw a need for sprint.

We do not need another sprint thread.

From what other people said, it has to do with map design. They make the maps to cater to all the spartan abilities now

I was always under the impression that in Halo 1-3 you were running anyway, but anyway the reasons I see most often are simply these

1. It effects map design

2. It changes weapon range and assist requirement’s

3. Changes gameplay

Here we go again

Reasons sprint is bad from what I hear

• Sprit is an illusion - Lack of risk vs reward, reward Is higher than risk - Makes sprinters to vulnerable after sprinting, making it a self damming ability to some - Makes maps bigger to compensate - Weapon and vehicle balance is affected - If its not in the original trilogy its bad by default no question asked. :slight_smile:

I guess people think it takes away from the Halo formula, which is true I guess.
I always found the health system, spawning weapons and weapon placement on the maps to be the key ingredients to Halo so everyone having sprint doesn’t bother me.
I found not knowing whether your opponent had the ability to curl up into an invincible ball or not more game breaking.

I love it adds more tactical risk vs reward gameplay

> 2533274830358771;1:
> Just curious what the reasons are for not liking sprint.
> I think it would be kind of dumb not to have the ability to sprint in any modern fps.

Because we live in a Facebook world in which people cannot help complaining about something, ANYTHING.

I suggest you read any of the other on-going topics about sprint to find out, OP.