why do people hate no splitscreen?

I understand that people like being with there friends when they play games, but personally i never had that experience, i only played with them online. plus i don’t think 343 wanted to force people to buy another controller to play with their friends. The xbox one only came with a headset and 1 controller. so 343 was aiming for online play. also didn’t 343 have budget cuts and less time to make Halo 5? so why are you guys yelling at 343 for not adding split screen. if anything yell at Microsoft. also all the people i know hate split screen because it makes the screen smaller.

split screen is a prime example of halo, always has been. went to a buddies house a few weeks back to play some halo, for four of us to play we need 4 xboxs and 4 tvs. do you not see a problem with this? he has a 60" tv and if 343 knew how to optimize the game we could have had all four of us on that same screen. so to people who play with friends it is a huge issue, i have never complained once cause the screen was smaller. that is the point of split screen

split screen is how I play games with my 3 sons.

not having split screen means I play a different game… case in point- I have to set up my loadouts for black ops 3 bevause that is the 4 player game we have now (occasionally its borderlands, and If I forge [which I dont anymore] then we try MCC). Thanks 343… now i have to play CoD.

I never played Halo 2 once online. The entirety of my game play was split-screen local, whether it be on a game mode or playing through campaign. It was a lot of fun, and still is with the future games. Hanging out with your friends, family or both to play some couch co-op was the star of my Halo experience. Halo 5 doesn’t have splitscreen and I have come to accept that fact. All that I hope is that Halo 6 has splitscreen.

The day Halo 5 came out, I was thinking about maybe taking my Xbox one and a second controler down to my dorm’s main lounge. I though: “Oh, I can hook it up to one the TVs down there and play some of the game and invite others to play it with me! It’ll be super fun!..”

But then I remembered. Thanks 343.

Dude, you shouldn’t even have to ask. Just a little look around on the forums and other forums as well would answer that question. Why do people post inane questions on these forums is my question?

> plus i don’t think 343 wanted to force people to buy another controller to play with their friends.

Yeah, just force them to buy another console instead. Not sure what I just read there.

It’s b/c sacrificing split-screen means we could experience the awesome graphics, imagery and map aesthetics that 343 has blessed us within Halo 5. /sarcasm

> 2533274819302824;7:
> > plus i don’t think 343 wanted to force people to buy another controller to play with their friends.
>
>
> Yeah, just force them to buy another console instead. Not sure what I just read there.

Just beat me to it.

> 2533274911949286;1:
> I understand that people like being with there friends when they play games, but personally i never had that experience, i only played with them online. plus i don’t think 343 wanted to force people to buy another controller to play with their friends. The xbox one only came with a headset and 1 controller. so 343 was aiming for online play. also didn’t 343 have budget cuts and less time to make Halo 5? so why are you guys yelling at 343 for not adding split screen. if anything yell at Microsoft. also all the people i know hate split screen because it makes the screen smaller.

Split screen is so much fun. You’d know if you had that experience, playing with siblings or cousins or friends or other relatives with each other on one TV. It’s something that’s amazing and it’s what made Halo multiplayer so enjoyable.
Buying another TV, Xbox, copy of game, and Xbox LIVE membership is a lot more expensive than another controller. It’s logical for people to hate 343i for not prioritizing split screen for Halo 5. Just another reason why 343i is incompetent.
Don’t pull that “Blame Microsoft, not 343i” because there are the same. Microsoft formed 343i. Only a few guys from Bungie went to this new branch of Microsoft.

I own (1) xbox one, I own (1) digital copy of Halo 5, I own (2) controllers. I’d like to share a game I love with my wife and play through the campaign with her. Because of no split-screen, we cannot enjoy Halo 5 together unless I spend $500 on a new xbox and copy of Halo 5.

I’m surprised that just because you don’t have that experience you can’t understand why some people would want split-screen.

I don’t hate 343i because I understand you have to make sacrifices but I still wish it was a feature in Halo 5.

There’s a split-screen thread kicking around somewhere.