Why do people do this?

Imagine if you made a peace of art as beautiful to you as you’r first born or first love… now imagine if everyone trampled that work based on slight glimpses they’ve been allowed access to see. That’s pretty much what you guys have been doing this whole time to 343, please guys try to show some more support and enthusiasm about this. I mean they don’t put up forums so people ca complain all day on it. i mean for they’re sake lets show some hope and assurance please…

Those guys are not I.

So encourage them to ruin the halo series? No thanks.

People feel violated. After 343i saying that they would go back to Halo’s roots, they managed to do the exact opposite.

No one likes being lied to their face OP, also, no one likes their favorite series changed so drastically. Especially when many of the mechanics formulate around Halo: Reach, which was a failure (Halo game failure) because of these mechanics.

People are being loud because they want to avoid such a problem before it is to late. Seeing as how 343i never visits this forum and that they are more stubborn than Bungie, the game is already settled.

Just to name a few OP

> Those guys are not I.

Nor I.

What if you look at it this way? Maybe the first few painting the artist does are amazing, and consist of mostly the green and also some cyan colours. The artists that made this work of art isn’t the only artist. The other artists tend to use colours such as red and orange.

The artist who is different decides to go in a new direction and makes a painting with green and orange. This is not what the fans of the different artist wanted from the different artist.

Agreed OP. If your going to mindlessly bash a game people, at least wait till you have a good picture of how the game plays and works. I’m giving 343 a chance. If I like the game, I like it. If I don’t, I earn the achievments and I sell it. Good luck 343.

> Agreed OP. If your going to mindlessly bash a game people, at least wait till you have a good picture of how the game plays and works. I’m giving 343 a chance. If I like the game, I like it. If I don’t, I earn the achievments and I sell it. Good luck 343.

Are you blind or just choosing not to see the facts that have been laid out in front of you??? 343 lied to everyone of us and people are still holding on to the thought of us getting what we really want and they are hiding something.

ps not trying to be mean but thats the best way i could put it…

> Agreed OP. If your going to mindlessly bash a game people, at least wait till you have a good picture of how the game plays and works. I’m giving 343 a chance. If I like the game, I like it. If I don’t, I earn the achievments and I sell it. Good luck 343.

Hence you give 343i the same money and support no matter if you like the game or not, sounds like a bad idea. If I like something, I’ll buy it. If I don’t, or it’s bad, I would refrain from buying it since that would tell the creator I did not like the product, selling it weeks later says nothing.
Brink is a great example, the game sold 2,5 million copies or more, but was horrible (at least MP) and people traded it weeks later. The devs were very happy and are making Brink 2, since they made millions on the initials sales, and didn’t even have to pay for servers for MP, patches or similar.

OnT:
OP, Imagine if you made a peace of art as beautiful to you as your first born or first love… now imagine if it’s about to be destroyed because you left a live candle next to it before you left. Someone sees that candle, shouldn’t they try to warn you, to put out that candle, so that the once beautiful work of art is not reduced to a pile of burning hopes and dreams, lost potential?
343i made a great peace of art (Halo 4) but it’s about to crash and burn, we as the community sees this and tries to save it. People complain because they care, those who just says “343i are the best” or “Halo 4 will be good no matter what” are the ones who do not care, and the ones you should worry about.

Using a dated p2p system for matchmaking is not a simple candle, it’s like pouring gasoline all over that work of art and then leaving it next to a candle. It’s not about opinion, it’s a fact. p2p is inferrior in every way possible compared to dedicated servers, and so will MM be.
Lag, blackscreen, foreign hosts, host booting, host bridging, long search times, no or severely lacking true skill which means unequal teams etc etc.

People are greedy, pretentious, and rude by nature. I’m sure they haven’t hurt 343i’s feelings. The majority of us seem content.

> > Agreed OP. If your going to mindlessly bash a game people, at least wait till you have a good picture of how the game plays and works. I’m giving 343 a chance. If I like the game, I like it. If I don’t, I earn the achievments and I sell it. Good luck 343.
>
> Hence you give 343i the same money and support no matter if you like the game or not, sounds like a bad idea. If I like something, I’ll buy it. If I don’t, or it’s bad, I would refrain from buying it since that would tell the creator I did not like the product, selling it weeks later says nothing.
> Brink is a great example, the game sold 2,5 million copies or more, but was horrible (at least MP) and people traded it weeks later. The devs were very happy and are making Brink 2, since they made millions on the initials sales, and didn’t even have to pay for servers for MP, patches or similar.
>
> OnT:
> OP, Imagine if you made a peace of art as beautiful to you as your first born or first love… now imagine if it’s about to be destroyed because you left a live candle next to it before you left. Someone sees that candle, shouldn’t they try to warn you, to put out that candle, so that the once beautiful work of art is not reduced to a pile of burning hopes and dreams, lost potential?
> 343i made a great peace of art (Halo 4) but it’s about to crash and burn, we as the community sees this and tries to save it. People complain because they care, those who just says “343i are the best” or “Halo 4 will be good no matter what” are the ones who do not care, and the ones you should worry about.
>
> Using a dated p2p system for matchmaking is not a simple candle, it’s like pouring gasoline all over that work of art and then leaving it next to a candle. It’s not about opinion, it’s a fact. p2p is inferrior in every way possible compared to dedicated servers, and so will MM be.
> Lag, blackscreen, foreign hosts, host booting, host bridging, long search times, <mark>no or severely lacking true skill which means unequal teams</mark> etc etc.

What would this point have to do with dedicated servers? Team balancing isn’t something that can be implemented correctly with a game that allows you to choose the server you want to join. Look at BF3, for example. You can choose which server you want to join, and once you’re in, it’s all a game of luck when it comes to who’s on your team. You could have the greatest pros in the world or people playing a shooter for the first time in their lives. The only way a server can promote team balancing is if the admin of the server puts rules up determining who can or cannot join based on rank or skill-set.

> > Using a dated p2p system for matchmaking is not a simple candle, it’s like pouring gasoline all over that work of art and then leaving it next to a candle. It’s not about opinion, it’s a fact. p2p is inferrior in every way possible compared to dedicated servers, and so will MM be.
> > Lag, blackscreen, foreign hosts, host booting, host bridging, long search times, <mark>no or severely lacking true skill which means unequal teams</mark> etc etc.
>
> What would this point have to do with dedicated servers? Team balancing isn’t something that can be implemented correctly with a game that allows you to choose the server you want to join. Look at BF3, for example. You can choose which server you want to join, and once you’re in, it’s all a game of luck when it comes to who’s on your team. You could have the greatest pros in the world or people playing a shooter for the first time in their lives. The only way a server can promote team balancing is if the admin of the server puts rules up determining who can or cannot join based on rank or skill-set.

It’s got everything to do with dedicated servers. Take Homefront as example, as that game is more similar to Halo then Bf is.
In Halo, MM wants to as quickly find a good game as possible, speed first, then connection, then skill, since finding a good host matters more then true skill, especially yo a “fast” MM system, which still takes more like a minute or two.

In Homefront on the other hand, a multitude of close-by servers are available that all give good/perfect connection, hence “host”/connection is gone, same goes for speed, since the same servers are available to choose from. The only thing MM has to check is “skill” and open slots, hence it can find a “open” server with players of similar skill within seconds.

Last but not least, BF3 has a server list which allows you as a player to choose server, while Homefront and potentially future Halos would use the same MM system as we have now, but Dedicated servers instead of hosts. Homefront has a lower population then Halo, yet finds me a lag-free game with 28-32 players in under less then 10 seconds 24/7.
Thanks to the dedicated servers, MM can re-balance the teams based on performance after each completed game, and hence you get a “true skill” that works in real time. If your team got pwnd big time, you get better players on your team the next time, and the opposite. Based on how good you play you get a value (think 1-50), the total sum of both teams after rebalancing should be the same or as close as possible. Same thing happens after the next game, and balance is even better.
although it doesn’t split parties, then again it does calculate their performance too and makes sure the opponents are “fit for fight”. Such system could never work on a p2p MM, since host/lag is a to great risk.

Really if people would be patient for information to be clarified we wouldn’t have this problem. I am somewhat skeptical about halo 4 but i am going to wait unti E3 when specifics will replace all the vague pieces of information 343 has currently given us. Seeing is different from reading. Therefore I am going to wait until I declare whether or not Halo has drifted to far from its roots.

> People are greedy, pretentious, and rude by nature. I’m sure they haven’t <mark>hurt 343i’s feelings</mark>. The majority of us seem content.

Yeah, I doubt it. 343i already said they hav ebeen expecting pretty much every reaction. And they have said that they are confident in Halo 4.

343i knows how the Halo community is. You have nothing to worry about OP. As for all the other complainers in this thread. I guess I must be blind because I see a game I’m really excited about. Am I blind or do I just hold my own opinion? Some people take their whole stance on the game as more important than everyone elses. I think the game looks great but you don’t see me on here saying. “OMG HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE SAY THIS GAME LOOKS BAD!??!! ARE YOU BLIND??!?!?!”

We understand you have your opinions but stop bashing others for their opinion. It’s the reason devs won’t take any of your concerns seriously. They probably just sit back and laugh at how rediculous you look. Either way none of us truly know how most of the aspects will play out as we haven’t played the game yet. The only thing that we can really go by is the fact that everyone says the movement feels very much like Halo as does the core gameplay. So that in itself is enough to make me happy.

> 343i knows how the Halo community is. You have nothing to worry about OP. As for all the other complainers in this thread. I guess I must be blind because I see a game I’m really excited about. Am I blind or do I just hold my own opinion? Some people take their whole stance on the game as more important than everyone elses. I think the game looks great but you don’t see me on here saying. “OMG HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE SAY THIS GAME LOOKS BAD!??!! ARE YOU BLIND??!?!?!”
>
>
> We understand you have your opinions but stop bashing others for their opinion. It’s the reason devs won’t take any of your concerns seriously. They probably just sit back and laugh at how rediculous you look. Either way none of us truly know how most of the aspects will play out as we haven’t played the game yet. The only thing that we can really go by is the fact that everyone says the movement feels very much like Halo as does the core gameplay. So that in itself is enough to make me happy.

I agree people need to understand that opinions are opinions and people also need to realize there is not a single definitive answer for what makes halo halo. So when someone says its not what halo is their not right its merely an opinion and i respect that as long as they respect my opinions

> > Agreed OP. If your going to mindlessly bash a game people, at least wait till you have a good picture of how the game plays and works. I’m giving 343 a chance. If I like the game, I like it. If I don’t, I earn the achievments and I sell it. Good luck 343.
>
> Are you blind or just choosing not to see the facts that have been laid out in front of you??? 343 lied to everyone of us and people are still holding on to the thought of us getting what we really want and they are hiding something.
>
> ps not trying to be mean but thats the best way i could put it…

343 has not intentionally lied to us

Haters gonna hate. Theyll hate before the game comes out and they will hate after it comes out. I dont think 343i sit around crying about it.

However i do believe that bungie had had enough of the halo community towards the end, the endless bickering, accusations of making a trash game when the notion is laughable. They just completely had enough and could wait to be free.

They were not angry with us. They were disappointed.

> Haters gonna hate. Theyll hate before the game comes out and they will hate after it comes out. I dont think 343i sit around crying about it.
>
> However i do believe that bungie had had enough of the halo community towards the end, the endless bickering, accusations of making a trash game when the notion is laughable. They just completely had enough and could wait to be free.
>
> They were not angry with us. They were disappointed.

the community should be ashamed. I have never seen so much nonsense in the gaming community before