Why Do People Do This?

So I’ve noticed everytime I pull out a warthog to supply surpressive fire in warzone as Im sitting in the back of the map on the gun some teammate thinks they’ll be cute and get in the drivers seat and drive the warthog, like they stole it into the middle of the enemies. (Of course I jump out and watch my fresh oni hog just blow up or get hijacked)

This only happens with randoms though D:

LOL. My experience is that it is tough to find a gunner, so I have always assumed that the gunner is looking for a driver, after all it is most effective when it is driven. To me it is about teamwork, I am not out to steal anyones ride.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> LOL. My experience is that it is tough to find a gunner, so I have always assumed that the gunner is looking for a driver, after all it is most effective when it is driven. To me it is about teamwork, I am not out to steal anyones ride.

I hate being driven, usually Ill pick up a gunner but if I want the firepower of a turret but the cover of the driver seat its really easy to switch seats and move on. D: I am never a gunner because most drivers suck at keeping the gunner alive. EI never pay attention to shields or enemy position.

> 2533274833937345;3:
> > 2533274875982754;2:
> > LOL. My experience is that it is tough to find a gunner, so I have always assumed that the gunner is looking for a driver, after all it is most effective when it is driven. To me it is about teamwork, I am not out to steal anyones ride.
>
>
> I hate being driven, usually Ill pick up a gunner but if I want the firepower of a turret but the cover of the driver seat its really easy to switch seats and move on. D: I am never a gunner because most drivers suck at keeping the gunner alive. EI never pay attention to shields or enemy position.

Makes sense, and I agree most drivers do not understand shields need to be recharged on the gunner.

Whenever I see a Hog with only a gunner I -Yoink!- around as if I’m asking them if they want a driver, I don’t get in unless I run away and they start shooting at me like they want me to come back.

Well when I am sitting in gunner seat of a hog, I am wanting a driver. So, I assume that’s what other players want.

> 2533274833937345;1:
> So I’ve noticed everytime I pull out a warthog to supply surpressive fire in warzone as Im sitting in the back of the map on the gun some teammate thinks they’ll be cute and get in the drivers seat and drive the warthog, like they stole it into the middle of the enemies. (Of course I jump out and watch my fresh oni hog just blow up or get hijacked)
>
> This only happens with randoms though D:

youre one of those people who send hate messages to the people who got in the drivers seat right?

BTW: that has happened to me.

I only bust out warthogs when I have a fireteam and party. Randoms make team-use vehicles a suicide run.

One time I double killed a oni gauss hog driver and gunner. I figured this was worth the exception. Sure enough, random jumps in the drivers seat drives us right into the heart of an enemy garage. Got 1 kill before we were blown up.

I drive all the time and then jump out when there are four enemies and run away while my gunner is getting killed.

HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME!!! It annoys me so much. I even tell them in gamechat not to and they still do it. Needs to be a way you can match with other people who talk etc like there was in reach

> 2533274833937345;1:
> So I’ve noticed everytime I pull out a warthog to supply surpressive fire in warzone as Im sitting in the back of the map on the gun some teammate thinks they’ll be cute and get in the drivers seat and drive the warthog, like they stole it into the middle of the enemies. (Of course I jump out and watch my fresh oni hog just blow up or get hijacked)
>
> This only happens with randoms though D:

Unless you were talking to that team mate, how would they know if you were just sitting there waiting for a driver? Next time if you don’t want them driving you off, take the key out of the ignition with by clicking the right analog stick in while you are the gunner.

Well… to be completely honest with you, this is the reason I’ve been selling all my rocket hogs and gaushogs. But on the other side… who doesn’t enjoy hearing some squeaker rage in his mic when you drive his fresh legendary oni Gausshog into the enemy core xD

GTA online has a feature that warzone needs badly. You can set it so only friends can get in/drive your car. Maybe not even so “only friends can drive” but at least when I’m in a fireteam it could be set to only let my fireteam in, since that is the time u’d most likely want to save a seat for someone.

> 2787272447958470;11:
> > 2533274833937345;1:
> > So I’ve noticed everytime I pull out a warthog to supply surpressive fire in warzone as Im sitting in the back of the map on the gun some teammate thinks they’ll be cute and get in the drivers seat and drive the warthog, like they stole it into the middle of the enemies. (Of course I jump out and watch my fresh oni hog just blow up or get hijacked)
> >
> > This only happens with randoms though D:
>
>
> Unless you were talking to that team mate, how would they know if you were just sitting there waiting for a driver? Next time if you don’t want them driving you off, take the key out of the ignition with by clicking the right analog stick in while you are the gunner.

well I have a mic and the minute someone hops in I say there gamertag, no no man dont drive me D: and they still do it its frustrating as hell

but no i dont send hate messages ;-; just sad faces if they do it multiple times

I typically will get in the drivers seat if it is open and there is a gunner. However I tend to pay attention to my gunner’s shields as well as not drive into any situations that are guaranteed to get us both killed. I typically move around to provide suppressing fire for the rest of the time, the movement allows me to avoid grenades as well as being able to maintain good covering fire. On the flipside I have seen many morons drive the warthog straight into the other team alone, or just do something stupid in it in general.

> 2787272447958470;11:
> > 2533274833937345;1:
> > So I’ve noticed everytime I pull out a warthog to supply surpressive fire in warzone as Im sitting in the back of the map on the gun some teammate thinks they’ll be cute and get in the drivers seat and drive the warthog, like they stole it into the middle of the enemies. (Of course I jump out and watch my fresh oni hog just blow up or get hijacked)
> >
> > This only happens with randoms though D:
>
>
> Unless you were talking to that team mate, how would they know if you were just sitting there waiting for a driver? Next time if you don’t want them driving you off, take the key out of the ignition with by clicking the right analog stick in while you are the gunner.

What are you talking about? Is that a feature?

I get in the drivers seat because i’m wicked good at driving, duh.

Gunners are really hard to find because they ignore you or they are random people.

Don’t get pissy for that. Play with a group or don’t call in a warthog to just sit in gunner. Actually, just call in a turret req and stand at the back. Seriously, why are you complaining about this? Most people just want to help out.

Ive been yelled at for getting in the drivers seat of a gun goose that someone is on the back of chucking nades. I could be shooting while you toss off, but no, people are so damn sensitive to who sits in an empty seat.

I like to drive my gunner and hang them off a cliff (gunner and passenger side facing the cliff). This way they only have the option to jump out and die.

^this is something you should complain about. Not teammates trying to help you by being a driver.