Why do people buy bases after they been beaten?

This happens soo often in 2v2…

We destroy both of the othee teams bases and majority of their units while we still have a full pop army… then they will constantly try and put up bases around the map dragging the game on until they finally have no more money to put up anymore…

Ive asked 1 person why they did this and they said “incase you guys lagged out”…

To sum it up with one word: determination.

Might as well fight until the very end. Even if the odds of winning are nonexistent. Some people are just so determined to win, even if they can’t.

Like Turtle Boy said, determination. Every time you wipe out a base leave some units there and then build on it as soon as it becomes available. They won’t be able to destroy your new base with their few remaining units in the limited amount of time they have.

Yeah, the other Turtle has the right idea, I had a comeback after losing my main base, nuked their main in return and ran around grabbing all the bases I could so they couldn’t recover.

Because people like to waste the time of those that beat them in a petty showing of “revenge.”

Buds, there is a difference between an actual fighting chance to win and having lost 100%. Wasting time after having lost is kind of disrespectful and rude; unless you don’t realise how bad you are being beaten and you try anyway. Having said that, I one time scouted 25 seconds too late of an oncoming cheese on sentry; I fought well and hard and barely lost my main; the game was over but I lacked any respect for the chicken who performed that disgusting act and therefore I was able to stretch out the game for 30 minutes and I laughed about it. He barely was able to close the game with a deci.

Role play reasons?

Maybe they think that they have a chance ?

I think i have actually won a game after losing all my bases and my enemy still had all of his bases + an army.
In general - when i lose all my bases, i only rebuild if i have some allies left, just so i could get some supply/power to do some damage using leader powers.
Most of the time - i tend to do the opposite and destroy my bases once it is certain that the game is over.
In both cases( either i rebuild to get supply - or destroy my base to get supply ) i want to be able to use leader powers after ive been eliminated( but allies are still in game )

I think why others do it - is to get better stats in game( increase the bases built number ) in the hope that it will reduce the rank loss penalty.

They may still have a fighting chance + stockpiled resources. Especially if their colony and have the active repair then they’ll just guerrilla warfare your bases all over the map while hiding a small tiny little base in the corner of the map.

I did it earlier, goliatgs got my only base just after I hit t2. But I had a few mini’s, a one star Spartan and quite a bit resources. They must’ve nearly gone broke pumping goliaths. It was a bit uphill (waiting for base to build) but I won in the end.

I have also experienced the opposite end of this: where you are beaten and you send your last remaining units to die but they keep running away from them.

Because they’re lame and have no respect for the opposition.

been on both ends there’s the times were one can comeback there’s very few and far and between but it is possible especially if you had upgraded already done and were tech 3 already since you keep tech levels so you can build whatever one needs as long as you can keep up income

> 2701489597914869;12:
> Because they’re lame and have no respect for the opposition.

I’d say continuing to fight is admirable and worthy of praise, surrender and resignation is cowardice. if there is still some fight, use it.

> 2533274911267611;14:
> > 2701489597914869;12:
> > Because they’re lame and have no respect for the opposition.
>
> I’d say continuing to fight is admirable and worthy of praise, surrender and resignation is cowardice. if there is still some fight, use it.

Unless you’re fighting an actual neanderthal there’s absolutely no way you’re going to come back from not having an actual economy for 5+ minutes. You’re just prolonging a game that has already ended.