Why Do I Keep Getting Matched Up With UK?

It seems that every game now I am getting put into games with a UK host because it is always crazy laggy.

When i join my friends games I seem to have no lag because I am connected to a US server. But whenever I am solo searching I get thrown into UK games anytime of the day. What gives?

help please -_-

It’s because people from the UK are the smartest and most gorgeous people ever created! EVVVVERRRRR

Stands to reason the servers would want you there. They are the greatest thing also…

Probably because its relatively late and theres not as many US players on right now.

It happens every time I search anytime

What part of the US do you live in? New England?

I am Australian and get matched against a lot of US players, even when it is peak playing time here :expressionless: matchmaking system is -Yoinked!-

> What part of the US do you live in? New England?

Yes

Yea I think they should implement the Good Connection feature again. In my ideal world ping in ms would be visible but I’d settle for ping bars, too bad they didnt add that either.

I dont know what to tell you Dubstep Kittens…I was just playing and I was having the same problems and I also live in New England. I was getting alot of southern and mid west people as well.

If you’re having it all the time then somethings wrong with the matchmaking or maybe your NAT is strict but I doubt you’d be able to connect Europe if that were the case.

> I dont know what to tell you Dubstep Kittens…I was just playing and I was having the same problems and I also live in New England. I was getting alot of southern and mid west people as well.
>
> If you’re having it all the time then somethings wrong with the matchmaking or maybe your NAT is strict but I doubt you’d be able to connect Europe if that were the case.

everyone is like skipping around and disappearing D:

Its the hidden trueskill you must have played well enough to get matched against the real pros ^^ :slight_smile:

I dont think thats true because I religiously check the stats of my opponents before a match. The persons I typically play have about 1.00 ish KD and a negative w/loss ratio. I can infer that they are either riskier players or they’re not as skilled. Rarely do I find people who I feel are more my level. The only games I ever felt did that were Halo 2 and 3. Halo Reach was random as COD.

The problem is that the players with these average stats will competely destroy one match and the next get completely destroyed by the same team. The matchmaking it choosing based on the something but I highly doubt its either skill or connection.

> > I dont know what to tell you Dubstep Kittens…I was just playing and I was having the same problems and I also live in New England. I was getting alot of southern and mid west people as well.
> >
> > If you’re having it all the time then somethings wrong with the matchmaking or maybe your NAT is strict but I doubt you’d be able to connect Europe if that were the case.
>
> everyone is like skipping around and disappearing D:

Either they’re lagging or you’re lagging. There’s no way to be sure though. The only thing you can do is check to be sure your network is fine. You cant affect the other players so its a lost crusade if it turns out that your connection is fine. I have no idea why the matchmaking would put you with UK players when in New England you have major metropolises everywhere.

The other possible thing is your xbox. Did you purchase your xbox from the UK?

I’m from the UK and always get matched up with French and German players.

Hopefully they add matchmaking filters soon.

It’s Halo, so sadly the region filter has never been a option. If you want to be matched on region then CoD is the game to play.

> I’m from the UK and always get matched up with French and German players.
>
> Hopefully they add matchmaking filters soon.

Isn’t that about right? I can imagine matchmaking being pretty damn desolate if you could specify such a small area. I’m in the UK as well and I have no problems at all playing in matches hosted in other EU countries.

Reach at least had a good connection filter, while Halo 4 didn’t

COD is the worst game to play for that reason. Treyarchs games have that feature but they don’t go into specifics on how it works so you have no idea how effective it is. Modern Warfare has no such thing.

PC is what you need to play for that. However I have no idea why console can’t implement it. Region filters are near useless anyway. Ping represented in MS is the only sensible choice. Regions are nonsense because it assumes all local players have a good connection and that all foreign players have lousy connections.

Matchmaking filters really dont affect anything other than allow all players to play (mostly) lag free mathces. It’s nothing new, we’ve had it available for Halo 3 and Reach, but now it’s gone. Why? It should have been minimal effort to keep everyone happy regardless of being in the US, EU or AUS…

> > I’m from the UK and always get matched up with French and German players.
> >
> > Hopefully they add matchmaking filters soon.
>
> Isn’t that about right? I can imagine matchmaking being pretty damn desolate if you could specify such a small area. I’m in the UK as well and I have no problems at all playing in matches hosted in other EU countries.

Thats fine for you. But I’m a very competitive player and my idea of fairness isn’t being matched up with players across the planet with mediocre connections when I live next to huge cities that are full of people. I don’t want to play with UK players, European players or even Californians. Theres too much distance and it creates too many inconsistencies for the game to be fun and competitive.

Its a loss cause anyway, console gamers are too docile and happy in their ignorance. I wish Halo was on the PC.