why do i have to continously hold button to zoom?

Didn’t notice this until tonight, but scoping now requires me to hold down my bumper instead of just toggling it in Halo 4. What happened?? None of the other Halos have done this. I do not remember it being set that way at all on 360. I have my controls universally set to Green Fingers. This is a huge inconvenience for me as i do not use the left trigger to scope(left trigger is for grenades always has been, always will be). i do not want to lose hope in you 343, but it seems as though you guys are trying to slowly destroy Halo. Please a little bit of insight would work wonders for me. I’m already having to Re-install the entire game because of today’s update. unlike most i have been trying to give you slack and have patience with all the other issues but not being able to zoom and fire at the same time because i do not want to use the “Fishstick” settings is a killer. To me this is Halo not CoD, not Battlefield, not Destiny and having my control scheme different from those games is what helps me differentiate it. I have been using the same control scheme for 14 almost 15 years for this game and i do not want to have to play this like Battlefield. Thank you for your time and any answers you may be able to provide.

To me this sounds like more of a ‘control setup got messed up’ then ‘They iz r kill ng Halorz’ (that is jab at the community in general, not you specifically). I would first try checking and resetting your control settings and options. As one of the points in the game was to not change the gameplay, so for them to change the gameplay is very odd.

Did you toggle the option that asked if you wanted the zoom button to toggle zoom? You know, the one almost exactly like the crouch one?

I’ve heard about this happening before and it only happens when using the green thumbs control scheme and only on Halo 4.
My guess is that they just -Yoinked!- it up and it may get patched one day.

> 2533274799178842;2:
> To me this sounds like more of a ‘control setup got messed up’ then ‘They iz r kill ng Halorz’ (that is jab at the community in general, not you specifically). I would first try checking and resetting your control settings and options. As one of the points in the game was to not change the gameplay, so for them to change the gameplay is very odd.

The fact they would miss thing like this means they put very little testing into the games. How long does it take to go into a custom game and campaign misson with each controller setting for each game and make sure each button functions properly? Not more than a few hours thats for -Yoinking!- sure.

See the kicker is it did not do this until this update we got today. I tested all 4 campaigns initially before settling down and starting from the beginning and this was not an issue till tonight. As i said on top of this, today’s update is making me Re-install the entire game im hoping it just has to do with finishing installing. i will update this post once it has finished installing.

• and yes as i have probably been playing Halo longer than most so i know what im doing when it comes to setting my controls having used Green Thumb/Green Fingers scheme since 2001. None of the other titles have had this issue, only Halo 4.

> 2533274796116162;6:
> See the kicker is it did not do this until this update we got today. I tested all 4 campaigns initially before settling down and starting from the beginning and this was not an issue till tonight.

Odd, I noticed it before (made a useless Reddit post about it over 2 weeks ago). I wonder if it got patched out and in, or if it’s only an issue in certain circumstances.

But I was tinkering with it the other night, and I found that setting Halo 4’s control scheme to “Green Thumb” (instead of “Universal Green Fingers”) corrects the problem.

> 2533274796116162;1:
> Didn’t notice this until tonight, but scoping now requires me to hold down my bumper instead of just toggling it in Halo 4. What happened?? None of the other Halos have done this. I do not remember it being set that way at all on 360. I have my controls universally set to Green Fingers. This is a huge inconvenience for me as i do not use the left trigger to scope(left trigger is for grenades always has been, always will be). i do not want to lose hope in you 343, but it seems as though you guys are trying to slowly destroy Halo. Please a little bit of insight would work wonders for me. I’m already having to Re-install the entire game because of today’s update. unlike most i have been trying to give you slack and have patience with all the other issues but not being able to zoom and fire at the same time because i do not want to use the “Fishstick” settings is a killer. To me this is Halo not CoD, not Battlefield, not Destiny and having my control scheme different from those games is what helps me differentiate it. I have been using the same control scheme for 14 almost 15 years for this game and i do not want to have to play this like Battlefield. Thank you for your time and any answers you may be able to provide.

I have exactly the same issue that you are describing.

It’s not just you.

It’s a flaw that needs to be added to the bug report, and eventually patched. Please add it to the running bug report on www.reddit.com/r/halo

Bug forum Here

switching control schemes and then back to what i wanted fixed the problem. so no issues anymore for me so Hooray 343 and Halo!!!