Why do I get punished when my teammates quit?

I was just in a game where before it even started I had 2 teammates quit and no chance to win the game. If I stayed in the game I would have been punished for losing and if I quit I’ll get banned and go down in rank. This happens to me constantly. I would say almost every other game. It is becoming impossible for me to play because of how much this happens and I will probably be playing less because of it.

Invite people from previous matches with good KDA.

or 343 can install a mercy option so when this happens you don’t get owned with a 1 vs 4 match and don’t get added to the ban hammer list (but good luck on that happening).

I’m not 100% positive, but I’m pretty sure that your CSR loss is decreased when down a teammate.

I agree with this one. Why can’t teams update player after the game starts? It seemed to work fine in previous years.

I was in Team Arena with 3 friends, when 1 of them lagged out the game. Being 4v3 on a slayer game where we were all experiencing lag was horrible (region lock removal?), and so we all ended up quitting - something I’ve only ever done maybe once in a ranked game before. My CSR dropped by 30. On a side note, the other team had someone ranked in silver who went 12 kills to 0 deaths or something ridiculous, so they were obviously boosting too which made it even worse! Someone above mentioned CSR dropping by less if you’re a teammate down, can anyone confirm this? I would have just stuck to the game (but perhaps hid until it was over) if I knew that!

This has been going on since Oct 2015. If you don’t have a dedicated four man squad this game punishes you. That’s the affect of having an all ranked playlist. I personally think it was done on purpose to influence more to try warzone. Warzone is the only true social playlist that doesn’t ban you for quitting. The other playlist at the moment, weekend playlist even punishes you for quitting. The thing I don’t understand is how can someone truly enjoy the game having to stay locked into it. I’m not defending quitting, but sometimes stuff happens. It’s not all the time a person can play through the entire game. I know it suck, but think about it, with all the connection issues people are having it’s a shame. I’ve been kicked out of games and got banned, at times my shots don’t register, so out of frustration I quit. There are tons of server issues that are happening since the last update. Sorry but everyone is going through the same thing. It’s not always quitting, but we’re playing on messy servers.

> 2535472790059079;6:
> This has been going on since Oct 2015. If you don’t have a dedicated four man squad this game punishes you. That’s the affect of having an all ranked playlist. I personally think it was done on purpose to influence more to try warzone. Warzone is the only true social playlist that doesn’t ban you for quitting. The other playlist at the moment, weekend playlist even punishes you for quitting. The thing I don’t understand is how can someone truly enjoy the game having to stay locked into it. I’m not defending quitting, but sometimes stuff happens. It’s not all the time a person can play through the entire game. I know it suck, but think about it, with all the connection issues people are having it’s a shame. I’ve been kicked out of games and got banned, at times my shots don’t register, so out of frustration I quit. There are tons of server issues that are happening since the last update. Sorry but everyone is going through the same thing. It’s not always quitting, but we’re playing on messy servers.

My opinion is don’t start a game if you haven’t planned for “stuff” happening. I think a 2nd quit in let’s say 30 days should be an automatic 24 hour ban and then 48 the next time and so on and so on.

My username is LeeG42P on xbox live and I got boned because I was playing halo 5 online and when we reached the victory screen it disconnected and I keep getting banned from the servers for matchmaking and I want it to work right. Just someone unban me or something because I’m not quitting matches or killing team mates and I’m getting boned by bungee right now. Like I didn’t pay for the game to not be able to play. It’s some bs. Like call me rn @ 8647871648

Can’t be your first time quiting. How long 20 minutes?