Why do Forerunner Prometheans look so weak?

In the novel, it was shown that Forerunner’s outdated combatskin can crack a continent. Yet their machines are too weak. Is it that they can’t implement the same technology on their machines? And what about installation’s weak sentinels compared to their Onyx version? So far, I am not convinced that these Prometheans are more threatening than Flood we encountered.(Well… look at Flood ranged form.)

the prometheans look to be more dangerous than the covenant, at least in the game.

> the prometheans look to be more dangerous than the covenant, at least in the game.

This^
And maybe they couldn’t for some reason we don’t know yet.

The reason these may seem “weak” to us, is because they were designed to combat the Flood.

These defense AI would be ideal for Flood, using strategy and cooperation to overwhelm Flood forces. The Crawler and Watcher can’t be infected. The Knight may be partially organic, but it disintegrates when “killed”.

Now, they are acting different because they must fight a new threat. They probably weren’t designed to fight fully intelligent or sentient species, like Humans or Sangheli.

These Promethean AIs seem like they can be a lot more dangerous than what we saw. Knights spawning Watchers, Watchers spawning Crawlers… you’ll have a lot of enemies on you in a short amount of time. They help each other too. The Watcher defends the Knight, with defensive and offensive capabilities, the Crawlers overwhelm you with numbers and firepower, and the Knight can either use long range or short range combat, teleporting in and out. We haven’t seen all the enemy classes yet…

[deleted]

If the forrunners were so great like most believe you think with all the tec that they have they could have beaten back the flood. Humans did without taking out the whole galaxy to do it.

Honestly I don’t think the reason they look weak to us has anything to do with the halo universe at all. I think god mode was turned on or the game was on easy or something. His shields were low, the he got shot multiple more times. I think this is the most reasonable option. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to die during your own gameplay presentation in front of thousands live and millions watching at home?

They are not the same as the Warrior-Servant’s in the books. If that were the case, they’d lay Master Chief out cold.

[deleted]

They have stated that there will be other types of proms in an interview somewhere. so there might be bigger ones.

In the E3 video, someone said they seem as tough as a Hunter up close.
No one wants to watch someone slog at a heavily armoured enemy for 10 minutes.
Perhaps you’re just judging far too much on a staged gameplay exhibit.

> In the E3 video, someone said they seem as tough as a Hunter up close.
> No one wants to watch someone slog at a heavily armoured enemy for 10 minutes.
> Perhaps you’re just judging far too much on a staged gameplay exhibit.

>E3.
>Always played on Easy.
It may not have been true play, but it was also on just Easy. That will probably be as hard as a Hunter to take down, but unless you’re going to play Easy, then it’ll be a fight.

Still, it’s not a Warrior-Servant.

What about those blue lighted ones that we see a glimpse of?
Perhaps that’s a different level of Promethean as well?
I really don’t think we can speculate accurately at this point.

> What about those blue lighted ones that we see a glimpse of?
> Perhaps that’s a different level of Promethean as well?
> I really don’t think we can speculate accurately at this point.

You’re right with us being unable to speculate correctly, but a Warrior-Servant is supposed to have arms and legs the size of tree-trunks, which I do not see here.

>Cryptum/Primordium, Didact give Bornstellar a brevet mutation.

> > What about those blue lighted ones that we see a glimpse of?
> > Perhaps that’s a different level of Promethean as well?
> > I really don’t think we can speculate accurately at this point.
>
> You’re right with us being unable to speculate correctly, but a Warrior-Servant is supposed to have arms and legs the size of tree-trunks, which I do not see here.
>
> >Cryptum/Primordium, Didact give Bornstellar a brevet mutation.

Perhaps a boss battle?
Remember, there are still 2 games after this?
343i would be unwise to show all the cards so early in the game, much against our wants.

> > > What about those blue lighted ones that we see a glimpse of?
> > > Perhaps that’s a different level of Promethean as well?
> > > I really don’t think we can speculate accurately at this point.
> >
> > You’re right with us being unable to speculate correctly, but a Warrior-Servant is supposed to have arms and legs the size of tree-trunks, which I do not see here.
> >
> > >Cryptum/Primordium, Didact give Bornstellar a brevet mutation.
>
> Perhaps a boss battle?
> Remember, there are still 2 games after this?
> 343i would be unwise to show all the cards so early in the game, much against our wants.

These are A.I.s not Forerunners. Promethean Forerunners are all dead unless one is contained in the Cryptum we saw.

> > > What about those blue lighted ones that we see a glimpse of?
> > > Perhaps that’s a different level of Promethean as well?
> > > I really don’t think we can speculate accurately at this point.
> >
> > You’re right with us being unable to speculate correctly, but a Warrior-Servant is supposed to have arms and legs the size of tree-trunks, which I do not see here.
> >
> > >Cryptum/Primordium, Didact give Bornstellar a brevet mutation.
>
> Perhaps a boss battle?
> Remember, there are still 2 games after this?
> 343i would be unwise to show all the cards so early in the game, much against our wants.

I still don’t see how that would work out… Or will Chief get his hands on Forerunner weapons to even fight?

> If the forrunners were so great like most believe you think with all the tec that they have they could have beaten back the flood. Humans did without taking out the whole galaxy to do it.

The Flood wasn’t at it’s peak power when Humanity encountered them, tjey were minor outbreaks compared to when the Forerunners fought them.

> the prometheans look to be more dangerous than the covenant, at least in the game.

From what ive read in Cryptum the prometheans are going to be a much tougher and more tactical then the covenant.

> > the prometheans look to be more dangerous than the covenant, at least in the game.
>
>
> From what ive read in Cryptum the prometheans are going to be a much tougher and more tactical then the covenant.

I actually gathered that from the gameplay I’ve seen, not the books.