Why do fanboys exist?

I love Call of Duty. I love Battlefield. I love Halo. These three games have corrupted the impressionable minds of their immature communities. Can’t we all just live in peace and recognize that all three are amazing games that are very fun, entertaining, and epic in their own ways?

People hath too much pride.

From what I can see, some people love drama. Everyone has a preference of one game over another and choose to say that their choice is better. I fully respect Halo, CoD, and Battlefield and they are all amazing games.

I read an interesting exploration of the subject a while ago. To quote the film adaptation of Watchmen: “I can change almost anything…but I can’t change human nature”

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/05/19/fanboyism-and-brand-loyalty/

Big fan of Battle field since the PC version. Halo. Loved Cod 4 but don’t care much for the others, It’s preference.

Unfortunetly, its human nature.

We all have opinions, we all are unique.

We all have ways of showing our opinions… and it seems like we always want to be better than another.

We all develop personal preferences, and with those preferences we develop natural biases against things that aren’t what we prefer. Sometimes, with those preferences come this stubborn inability to see “the other side”.

> Sometimes, with those preferences come this stubborn inability to see “the other side”.

That is why they shall be left behind, for the weight of their heresy will stay their feet. The Great Journey waits for no one! :stuck_out_tongue: