Why do everyone (not all) hate the AA's?

Why do everyone (not all) hate the AA’s?

i have been seeing more and more posts of people complaining about AA’s, if your a disliker, can you tell me why, i think AA’s are amazing and that there far better than any of the halo 3 pick ups, there just cool, well apart from armour lock, everything else is cool, so why do you hate? i really want them to be in halo 4 so yh.

like = 1

hate = 0

Because as cool as they may seem to be they do two very bad things:

As loadouts they stop everyone spawning as equals. Something many people consider to be a staple of the Halo formula.

They’re all heavily open to abuse and when they are abused they go from fun to frustrating in a heartbeat and completely break down map flow whilst also giving players a lot of second chances.

Sprint - lets you run away and close the gap to melee range more quickly.

Evade - same as Sprint but it works in short burst and is less predictable.

Active Camo - Gives the user the advantage of both guaranteed first shot and radar disruption if he’s not stupid. Also slows the game down immensely when multiple people on the same team use it at the same time.

Armour Lock - Reduces the usefulness of grenades and makes melee encounters incredibly one sided. It can also be used a s atime-out button while the user call for help from his team.

Jetpack - Ruins maps with soft killzones, lots of verticality or those which have cover that isn’t room based. Smart Jetpack users can get around the map very quickly, get to places no intended by the map maker and draw both attention and fire from otherwise significant control points on a map.

Hologram - Not very useful on it’s own but can be frustrating when several players use it and is generally nothing short of a minor source of frustration. Well timed Holograms also block melee attacks.

Finally all of the abilities except for Jetpack are undetectable except from behind, allowing for seemingly random encounters as far as melee engagements and grenades go. Overall as loadouts they dumb the game down by making even the most basic tactics (like bait and switch or trick jumps) incredibly easy to perform for the user whilst being incredibly frustrating and cheapening the experience for everyone else.

I think the better question is, ‘why do you like AA’s?’ They’re one of the worst things to come to Halo. Reach in general just reeks of excess fail. AA’s are a crutch for everybody to use and disrupts the golden triangle (weapon, melee, grenades). AA’s, along with the whole Reach multiplayer, is catered to the casuals and is a poor excuse for a Halo experience.

> I think the better question is, ‘why do you like AA’s?’ They’re one of the worst things to come to Halo. Reach in general just reeks of excess fail. AA’s are a crutch for everybody to use and disrupts the golden triangle (weapon, melee, grenades). AA’s, along with the whole Reach multiplayer, is catered to the casuals and is a poor excuse for a Halo experience.

erm intresting keep them coming, also i have to say i only use sprint, and only because its a quick tool to get behind someone fast to perform an ninja

because AA’s provided to much combat assist. Armor lock be able to survive deadly explosions. Sprint alows to escape from dangerouse situations very quickly. Active camo completly throws of your enemys radar and they cannot spot you if crouched. evade able to dodge bullets. Dropshield because it restores health. jet pack allows you accsess points in a map that cannot be reached with out it. the only one i can think of being alright is hologram. other than that Halo is better off without AAs and should stick to powerups.

I liked them because they provided counters while also providing weaknesses. That said I doesn’t matter to me if they do or don’t come back. I’m ready for a new fresh experience.

I think that after 10 years of Halo as we knew it some players got pretty well set in their ways. If you think about it the AA’s all in one way or another made it harder to play the way you were used to if you had been playing since CE or 2. Newer players have fewer problems. Good players adapted (“competetive” players hate that word). All the hate was/is completely unnecessary because we all knew/know another trilogy is coming out and it will not play like Reach. Reach was never intended to be the “wave of the future.”

I liked using them during the campaign. I honestly don’t use them much in matchmaking as I’m usually more concerned about which weapon I have.

They’re -Yoink!-. I love Halo, long story short i love the way it’s played. AA’s changed how the game was played.

> I liked them because they provided counters while also providing weaknesses. That said I doesn’t matter to me if they do or don’t come back. I’m ready for a new fresh experience.

same i also like them

They’re annoying and unnecessary.

Cause its for noobs ,in Halo you pick up items ,you dont start with it!!!

Because they are not an orginal Halo thing. And they are annoying as heck. They really unbalance the game a lot. So it makes the game not fun.

I don’t see AA’s as being any different from having other things in the game such as: tanks, banshees, warthogs, wraiths, ghosts, etc. Yes, I know you don’t spawn with them, but some players coughMLG*cough think they’re unnecessary for gameplay.

> Hologram - Not very useful on it’s own but can be frustrating when several players use it and is generally nothing short of a minor source of frustration. Well timed Holograms also block melee attacks.

I should start picking hologram.

> Because as cool as they may seem to be they do two very bad things:
>
> As loadouts they stop everyone spawning as equals. Something many people consider to be a staple of the Halo formula.
>
> They’re all heavily open to abuse and when they are abused they go from fun to frustrating in a heartbeat and completely break down map flow whilst also giving players a lot of second chances.
>
> Sprint - lets you run away and close the gap to melee range more quickly.
>
> Evade - same as Sprint but it works in short burst and is less predictable.
>
> Active Camo - Gives the user the advantage of both guaranteed first shot and radar disruption if he’s not stupid. Also slows the game down immensely when multiple people on the same team use it at the same time.
>
> Armour Lock - Reduces the usefulness of grenades and makes melee encounters incredibly one sided. It can also be used a s atime-out button while the user call for help from his team.
>
> Jetpack - Ruins maps with soft killzones, lots of verticality or those which have cover that isn’t room based. Smart Jetpack users can get around the map very quickly, get to places no intended by the map maker and draw both attention and fire from otherwise significant control points on a map.
>
> Hologram - Not very useful on it’s own but can be frustrating when several players use it and is generally nothing short of a minor source of frustration. Well timed Holograms also block melee attacks.
>
>
> Finally all of the abilities except for Jetpack are undetectable except from behind, allowing for seemingly random encounters as far as melee engagements and grenades go. Overall as loadouts they dumb the game down by making even the most basic tactics (like bait and switch or trick jumps) incredibly easy to perform for the user whilst being incredibly frustrating and cheapening the experience for everyone else.

AWWW SNAP, ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWWWWNNN!!!

Well lemme put it leik this, man! YOU LEIK MUDKIPZ, RIGHT BRO? Aight goood. Now check this out man. Armor Abilities, man, take away from the player, ya dig? Now what I am sayin’ is when you activate theses AAs, man, S-just-HTF for some people’s minds, aight? Naw mean? Right so, the next time you unloadin’ on some foos, man, all you need to do is watch those jive turkeys activate their AAs… and slip away.

I’m not wholly against AA’s, but i do hate all AA’s except sprint, JP, evade and Hologram.

Also I hate loadouts that have an AA other than sprint.

Because they are basically impossible to balance. Just look at cod and the mess that the multiplayer has become.