Why Do Energy Coils Exist?

What are they? I was just thinking about this but why are there Energy Coils all over Halo Campaign maps?? Out side of using them as a way to easily eliminate a horde of enemies/multiplayer What are they canonically? Are they some sort of large battery, If so why are there so many and different colored ones? Who is still making them?

They’re basically just batteries for a variety of tech. Idk about specific energy coils, but it would stand to reason that one or the other on the battle field is beneficial for recharging weapons or vehicles. While it’s not obvious in the games, the Covenant weapons actually can be recharged and reused instead of being discarded once they reach zero battery. Those coils may come in handy for recharging Covenant tech.

> 2535435902217648;2:
> They’re basically just batteries for a variety of tech. Idk about specific energy coils, but it would stand to reason that one or the other on the battle field is beneficial for recharging weapons or vehicles. While it’s not obvious in the games, the Covenant weapons actually can be recharged and reused instead of being discarded once they reach zero battery. Those coils may come in handy for recharging Covenant tech.

Think back to Halo: Nightfall… Do you remember the initial scene when there trapped on the ring and meet those Lekego looking creatures attracted to technology? They tell each other to power down, and when they do they actually seem to power down there weapons and they can’t be used at that point I don’t think or maybe only the primary firing mechanic can. Maybe It’s possible that the human weapons have to be “Charged” as well and we just never see that happen… but there are energy coils everywhere incase weapons die? Idk it seems a bit far fetched lol

> 2535410704700107;3:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > They’re basically just batteries for a variety of tech. Idk about specific energy coils, but it would stand to reason that one or the other on the battle field is beneficial for recharging weapons or vehicles. While it’s not obvious in the games, the Covenant weapons actually can be recharged and reused instead of being discarded once they reach zero battery. Those coils may come in handy for recharging Covenant tech.
>
> Think back to Halo: Nightfall… Do you remember the initial scene when there trapped on the ring and meet those Lekego looking creatures attracted to technology? They tell each other to power down, and when they do they actually seem to power down there weapons and they can’t be used at that point I don’t think or maybe only the primary firing mechanic can. Maybe It’s possible that the human weapons have to be “Charged” as well and we just never see that happen… but there are energy coils everywhere incase weapons die? Idk it seems a bit far fetched lol

I think it just turned of the ammo counter, because when you get hit by an EMP blast (from the plasma pistol, for example) in halo you can keep shooting. They probably chose not to shoot because it would still attract the legekolo for a gun to go off. (speaking of which, I just realized that the ammo counters don’t flicker when you get hit by an EMP. That might be a cool addition to Infinite.)

> 2535410704700107;3:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > They’re basically just batteries for a variety of tech. Idk about specific energy coils, but it would stand to reason that one or the other on the battle field is beneficial for recharging weapons or vehicles. While it’s not obvious in the games, the Covenant weapons actually can be recharged and reused instead of being discarded once they reach zero battery. Those coils may come in handy for recharging Covenant tech.
>
> Think back to Halo: Nightfall… Do you remember the initial scene when there trapped on the ring and meet those Lekego looking creatures attracted to technology? They tell each other to power down, and when they do they actually seem to power down there weapons and they can’t be used at that point I don’t think or maybe only the primary firing mechanic can. Maybe It’s possible that the human weapons have to be “Charged” as well and we just never see that happen… but there are energy coils everywhere incase weapons die? Idk it seems a bit far fetched lol

The firing mechanisms of UNSC weapons I believe are entirely mechanical (aside from the ones that are energy-based). The parts that would need to be charged are things like ammo counters, advanced sights, and weapon lights. Otherwise, the weapons can function normally without the assistance of a charge.

The energy coils scattered about the maps in Halo games are likely there for game play purposes. Being able to detonate them by hitting them or shooting them is just plain fun. I wouldn’t read too far into the lore reasons for them to exist. Though from a lore perspective, I would assume many other things like vehicles and large weapon emplacements would require those energy coils.

Well human power coils might be used power infrastructure, but of course their barely existent “protective” casing is laughable and should just be a gameplay quirk.

> 2535472130922237;6:
> Well human power coils might be used power infrastructure, but of course their barely existent “protective” casing is laughable and should just be a gameplay quirk.

I wonder how many innocent human lives have been lost just trying to transport those things. Hit one speed bump in the cargo truck and you’ve just leveled an entire city

I might be imagining things, but didn’t Hidden Xperia do a video on the actual lore behind these things? I swear I watched it recently!

> 2533274797661806;8:
> I might be imagining things, but didn’t Hidden Xperia do a video on the actual lore behind these things? I swear I watched it recently!

He did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kETqXokwmiU

> 2535462294431567;9:
> > 2533274797661806;8:
> > I might be imagining things, but didn’t Hidden Xperia do a video on the actual lore behind these things? I swear I watched it recently!
>
> He did:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kETqXokwmiU

No way lmao, that has to be one of the greatest coincidences ever XD I swear I haven’t seen it, I’ve just been asking questions on the lore reason to different things in game that seem a little out of place

batteries pretty much

Well, we know that fusion coils are, according to Bungie, “Storage for compressed plasma energy”, essentially making them batteries of a sort. Since energy coils essentially function the same way I’m going to guess they are similar in origin and function.