Why do enemies shoot you when you are dead?

Seriously. Is it some kind of design choice? I mean, I know they done it in past games, but it happens more frequently, especially in Spartan Ops.

They are animalistic in nature and shoot you when you are down, ever heard the phrase “double tap”?

i like to think they are moking me so when i spawn i do the same back.

Shoots a Grunt in the chest with a Scorpions Rocket (campaign)

Fellow Spartan shoots the dead Grunt body for 2 seconds

I guess they want to make sure they’re dead for good.

EDIT: Just re-read the OP. Well, it’s the same thing so yeah.

It’s 343i’s way of tea bagging you, lmao. I couldn’t stop rofl’n when I first saw this happen to my corpse.

They did it in Reach too. OnLegendary atleast. Adds insult to injury o.O

I don’t care when the covenant shoot me when I’m dead, I just hate it when friendly AI has to double tap with a rocket launcher…

It doesn’t bother me when the Covies do it, but when Prometheans do it seems dumb.

Prometheans are supposed to be Forunner machines, yet they shoot a corpse as if they have emotions. It would be cooler if they killed you and simply moved on.

It has been happening in all of the Halo games.

Marines do it to the Covenant, too.

> Shoots a Grunt in the chest with a Scorpions Rocket (campaign)
>
> Fellow Spartan shoots the dead Grunt body for 2 seconds
>
> I guess they want to make sure they’re dead for good.
>
> EDIT: Just re-read the OP. Well, it’s the same thing so yeah.

Scorpions don’t have rockets.

Doesn’t bother me; I do it to them.

Have you not seen zombie land? Double tap.

I have fond memories of playing Halo CE and having my corpse shot by Elites as they laughed heartily: “HA HA HA HA HA!”

“I’m not dead.
I’m not dead.
I’m not.
I’m getting better.
I don’t want to go on the cart.
I feel fine.
I think I’ll go for a walk.
I feel happy! I feel happy!”

THUNK

> <mark>They are animalistic in nature</mark> and shoot you when you are down, ever heard the phrase “double tap”?

> > Shoots a Grunt in the chest with a Scorpions Rocket (campaign)
> >
> > Fellow Spartan shoots the dead Grunt body for 2 seconds
> >
> > I guess they want to make sure they’re dead for good.
> >
> > EDIT: Just re-read the OP. Well, it’s the same thing so yeah.
>
> Scorpions don’t have rockets.

Yeah, well, you know, whatever. I really don’t give a damn what they’re actually called.

i dont know why but i think its funny when a elite kills u then a grunt comes up and start shooting u thinks he’s is tough but when i respawn he runs away:D

> i dont know why but i think its funny when a elite kills u then a grunt comes up and start shooting u thinks he’s is tough but when i respawn he runs away:D

I’d run away too if the 7ft tall 2000lb agent of doom I just watched die materialized from thin air 15 feet from me. :stuck_out_tongue:

They did this back in combat evolved… Infact, i think i read somewhere that there were a glitch that made captain keyes shoot a corpse with a needler, thus blowing himself up during a cutscene or something.