why do all the spartans have american accents?

343, if the spartans are going to talk, either make the characters sound different, or better, give players the option to pick a voice for their spartan (Including the option turn talking spartans off completely). Serious though. In halo reach, nobel team members all sounded different. You had british, nordic, german and american accents. Even in the spartan ops cutscenes, one of the team members was Scottish (or welsh, can’t remember). Please 343, spice it up a bit.

What do you guys think?

Well, since you asked for opinions, I’ll give mine: It really doesn’t matter and even if I wasn’t American it would not bother me in the slightest. Although I see your point and it would make sense that lore-wise there be some diversity among the Spartans.

However, I think what they wanted to go for was for all Spartans to be clearly understood by most of the gamers. That’s what I imagine is the case, at least. I am not saying accents are difficult to understand, but some people DO have difficulty understanding them and perhaps even more-so when the Spartan callouts are intended to be quick tidbits of information.

Because America. That’s all you need to know.

Than you must really hate going to the movies.

I’m american and honestly even given the option I probably wouldn’t change it(unless covenant languages were an option :slight_smile: ), but more options is never a bad thing so I’d welcome the customization… not as much as I’d welcome playable Sangheili, but thats another matter.

the real problem is that they sound like robots
no emotion at all
there is also no effect for the helmet they are wearing which is unrealistic and would make their (imo) bad (not interesting or strong and just rather unlikeable) voices sound better and cool

Do countries even matter or exist that far in the future?

> 2533274916931464;6:
> the real problem is that they sound like robots
> no emotion at all
> there is also no effect for the helmet they are wearing which is unrealistic and would make their (imo) bad (not interesting or strong and just rather unlikeable) voices sound better and cool

While our XB1 headsets have proven that in the future we shouldn’t have static filled communications, let’s not give the enemy our table talk. We should sound like we’re talking in helms, not talking out to the non-existent sideline spectators.

I definitely want the chatter to be toggable between headset, TV, both or mute AND as said, to sound like it’s in the helm, not without one.

I also suspect that accents will be in the full game… Hope?? :slight_smile:

> 2603643534597848;8:
> > 2533274916931464;6:
> > the real problem is that they sound like robots
> > no emotion at all
> > there is also no effect for the helmet they are wearing which is unrealistic and would make their (imo) bad (not interesting or strong and just rather unlikeable) voices sound better and cool
>
>
> While our XB1 headsets have proven that in the future we shouldn’t have static filled communications, let’s not give the enemy our table talk. We should sound like we’re talking in helms, not talking out to the non-existent sideline spectators.
>
> I definitely want the chatter to be toggable between headset, TV, both or mute AND as said, to sound like it’s in the helm, not without one.
>
> I also suspect that accents will be in the full game… Hope?? :slight_smile:

are they talking by mics or talking out loud?
I thought they were talking out loud and even then I still think it would make them sound cooler

> 2533274916931464;9:
> > 2603643534597848;8:
> > > 2533274916931464;6:
> > > the real problem is that they sound like robots
> > > no emotion at all
> > > there is also no effect for the helmet they are wearing which is unrealistic and would make their (imo) bad (not interesting or strong and just rather unlikeable) voices sound better and cool
> >
> >
> >
> > While our XB1 headsets have proven that in the future we shouldn’t have static filled communications, let’s not give the enemy our table talk. We should sound like we’re talking in helms, not talking out to the non-existent sideline spectators.
> >
> > I definitely want the chatter to be toggable between headset, TV, both or mute AND as said, to sound like it’s in the helm, not without one.
> >
> > I also suspect that accents will be in the full game… Hope?? :slight_smile:
>
>
> are they talking by mics or talking out loud?
> I thought they were talking out loud and even then I still think it would make them sound cooler

Spartans in MJOLNIR can do either, since the helmet also contains external speakers.

I just want vicinity chat eavsdropping for the enemy spartans like Halo 2.

It’s a beta, of course the customizable content isn’t going to be exceedingly expansive.

Having grown up listening to the American accent through TV, games or movies I don’t really mind.

Having a diversity would also be a plus though. However this is a beta so maybe there will be some diversity in the final game.

I hope they add personalities that change spartan chatter, start pose, and end pose. I want to have a hard to unlock pterodactyl voice for pterodactyl screeches, but of course “oh, lore in multiplayer, no head flames or katanas for you”

No, really, give us some cool voices.

> 2533274856204101;1:
> 343, if the spartans are going to talk, either make the characters sound different, or better, give players the option to pick a voice for their spartan (Including the option turn talking spartans off completely). Serious though. In halo reach, nobel team members all sounded different. You had british, nordic, german and american accents. Even in the spartan ops cutscenes, one of the team members was Scottish (or welsh, can’t remember). Please 343, spice it up a bit.
>
> What do you guys think?

Because it’s not Destiny… Lolol but in all seriousness I see your point.

Remember how Firefight Voice was a thing in Halo Reach? Chatter Voice. Take notes, 343i.

> 2533275030582002;7:
> Do countries even matter or exist that far in the future?

This! Pretty sure I’ve never heard anyone in the story refer to the good old US of A or Canada, or the UK or anything so…

As an Australian, most of our media is American so am just kinda used to it by now.

But for sure I do think that there should be more diversity, it isn’t meant to be the US defence force, it’s meant to be humanity and humanity doesn’t start and end with America.
Not a huge issue for me, but I would appreciate some diversity.

I’ve always thought this and the marines tend to have Australian accents, both accents (American & Australian) are like nails to a chalk board to me. I wouldn’t mind a change or toggle.

would love a accent option