Why do 99% of Pros Use the DMR?

It might be because it’s the most dominant loadout weapon. What do you think?

NOTE: How can the weapons be balanced if at least 95% of the community only use the DMR?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Go crawl back in the hole you came from.

Because it dominates any other gun at practically every range. Why use anything else?

Because it’s the most reliable and powerful loadout weapon.

I didn’t know you knew that many pros. You’re a social butterfly aren’t you?

99% of players in general use the DMR.

> I didn’t know you knew that many pros. You’re a social butterfly aren’t you?

I read a lot and it has been noted that an OVERWHELMING amount of Pro Players use the DMR. If you can dispute this, you’ll probably die trying. I’ll save you some time and energy. It’s true…

Ha! “Pros”!

> 99% of players in general use the DMR.

This…^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My point is that how can the weapons truly be balanced if at least 95% of the population only uses the DMR.

Here is why i think…

It has a lot of bullet magnet… BR too, but not much. Your cross doesnt need to be red either. Look the video

Its a baby sniper rifle and it comes with a lot of ammo.

So much hype about the DMR lately you do know in halo 2 and 3 the BR was dominant and in reach it was the DMR but now since the BR is back kids just want the BR to dominate all primaries once again. From my POV all the PRIMARIES are Balanced it’s just the hype that goes around creating a hysteria and kids starting thinking just because people feel more comfortable using the DMR it makes it godly compared to the other starter primaries, which isn’t true.

> Here is why i think…
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQunpA7LI8
>
> It has a lot of bullet magnet… BR too, but not much. Your cross doesnt need to be red either. Look the video

I completely forgot about the bullet magnetism. That’s another knock on the DMR for all it’s glory.

> Its a baby sniper rifle and it comes with a lot of ammo.

Thats because it is a semi sniper rifle… thats why the call it DMR :wink:

all the weapons are fine… they just need to take the bullet magnet down.

> So much hype about the DMR lately you do know in halo 2 and 3 the BR was dominant and in reach it was the DMR but now since the BR is back kids just want the BR to dominate all primaries once again. From my POV all the PRIMARIES are Balanced it’s just the hype that goes around creating a hysteria and kids starting thinking just because people feel more comfortable using the DMR it makes it godly compared to the other starter primaries, which isn’t true.

Halo 2, 3, and Reach didn’t have custom loadouts. And why do you think all the primaries are balanced? Take BR v DMR for example. DMR is at least as strong as BR at short to medium ranges. And it’s by far dominant at long ranges. I don’t see balance here.

Maybe its because the DMR is awesome!

If you’re the type of player that plays seriously, limiting yourself in-game by choosing any loadout weapon apart from the DMR would simply be moronic.

On one or two maps you can get away with using the AR or BR, but generally you’d always be better off with a DMR.

Am I the only person who MUCH prefers the BR? It feels nicer and I only use the DMR for BTB (for obvious reasons)

Because if you don’t use the DMR or BR, you will die.