Why didn't they just use stairs?

I’m just thinking out loud again, but why didn’t they just use stairs for zealot if they didn’t want people camping lifts in matchmaking?

People camp the lifts on Zealot? If you’re talking about the lifts indoors, than I wouldn’t consider that camping. Top Gold is the highest point on the map, so it makes sense for a team to control that area. It’s more of a map control strategy than a camping one, unlike camping the lifts on Countdown.

Good point. Stairs should have been in the place as the lift IMO. More map movement, too.

Normally, the lifts go one way, so that means that battle flows just one way. If STAIRS were implemented, map flow, control and play-out would all change drastically.

Probably for the best, as well.

Wouldn’t look right. And besides, kill boundaries do the trick.

And it’s a terrible map anyway.

Either way the battle would go one way, you don’t fight to obtain a low position.

> People camp the lifts on Zealot? If you’re talking about the lifts indoors, than I wouldn’t consider that camping. Top Gold is the highest point on the map, so it makes sense for a team to control that area. It’s more of a map control strategy than a camping one, unlike camping the lifts on Countdown.

I mean before they put the death barrier in space. I think this was the one map bungie wished they could take back.

> Either way the battle would go one way, you don’t fight to obtain a low position.

I know but with stairs you could actually back off for second if you saw someone shooting you. Vanilla zealot you basically had no way to defend your self.

> > People camp the lifts on Zealot? If you’re talking about the lifts indoors, than I wouldn’t consider that camping. Top Gold is the highest point on the map, so it makes sense for a team to control that area. It’s more of a map control strategy than a camping one, unlike camping the lifts on Countdown.
>
> I mean before they put the death barrier in space. I think this was the one map bungie wished they could take back.

To be honest, they shouldn’t have even added the space parts to begin with. If it weren’t for the space area, Zealot would be the best map in Reach hands down.

> > > People camp the lifts on Zealot? If you’re talking about the lifts indoors, than I wouldn’t consider that camping. Top Gold is the highest point on the map, so it makes sense for a team to control that area. It’s more of a map control strategy than a camping one, unlike camping the lifts on Countdown.
> >
> > I mean before they put the death barrier in space. I think this was the one map bungie wished they could take back.
>
> To be honest, they shouldn’t have even added the space parts to begin with. If it weren’t for the space area, Zealot would be the best map in Reach hands down.

Lawl good joke.

> Lawl good joke.

Wasn’t joking. 'splain why this is funny

It’s funny cause zealot is terrible

> It’s funny cause zealot is terrible

Name one default map in Reach that is better than Zealot w/o the space Area

Anchor 9
Asylum(if the sanctum variant was used)
Powerhouse for a good asymmetric map.

> Anchor 9
> Asylum(if the sanctum variant was used)
> Powerhouse for a good asymmetric map.

I would agree about Anchor 9, but I wasn’t really including DLC (and Anchor 9 would play much better w/o space)

Asylum is the best default map right now, but if the space area was blocked off (as it is in the MLG variant), Zealot is better, simply because the Snipe to Snipe sightline on Asylum is game breaking.

Powerhouse is a very good map, I agree, but the weapon layout is a little ehh… I think the map would be much better if the rockets were replaced with a sniper. Rockets are far to dominant on PH and the map plays phenomenally with a sniper.

> > Anchor 9
> > Asylum(if the sanctum variant was used)
> > Powerhouse for a good asymmetric map.
>
> I would agree about Anchor 9, but I wasn’t really including DLC (and Anchor 9 would play much better w/o space)
>
> Asylum is the best default map right now, but if the space area was blocked off (as it is in the MLG variant), Zealot is better, simply because the Snipe to Snipe sightline on Asylum is game breaking.
>
> Powerhouse is a very good map, I agree, but the weapon layout is a little ehh… I think the map would be much better if the rockets were replaced with a sniper. Rockets are far to dominant on PH and the map plays phenomenally with a sniper.

I don’t know about taking space off anchor 9 its kinda of the maps ‘thing’

Sanctum is a variant on santuary, it blocks off many abused lines of sight. I advise checking it out, It is made by xx overkill vr.

Powerhouse imo needs to have sniper in place of focus rifle with 1 clip and the same goes for rockets.

i have always pondered y apparently everybody in halo is a handicap cuz pretty much everywhere u look there are ramps instead of stairs lol :stuck_out_tongue: