Why didn't he die? Explain for a noob.

I don’t know much, and I’m no experienced Halo player but I’m decent at games and I have been playing H5 for a while now and just had a terrible game.

How does really Ground Pound work? Isn’t it Always one hit one kill?

I’m sure I’ve killed people from 1 meter distance to whatever, I might be wrong though. Look at the clip:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MFreeed/video/15935279

First of all, ROFL at you jumping off the map.

Secondly, ground pounds get more powerful the further you travel. You were basically right next to him so it probably counted as a melee just breaking shields.

It’s because you didn’t have enough height on him, if he hadn’t gotten onto the ledge you were on and you still hit him then he would’ve died.

> 2533275016942754;3:
> It’s because you didn’t have enough height on him, if he hadn’t gotten onto the ledge you were on and you still hit him then he would’ve died.

I got killed by a guy just jumping in the air at the height of a spartan and killed me then again ground pound is bs.

If you want a technical answer, ground pound’s damage is determined by how far your GP is from you, so because at the end when the guy got on your ledge and you adjusted your aim you got the small GP circle which can’t 1-hit kill people.

> 2533275016942754;3:
> It’s because you didn’t have enough height on him, if he hadn’t gotten onto the ledge you were on and you still hit him then he would’ve died.

This.

lol who walks off the map

> 2533274925960280;4:
> > 2533275016942754;3:
> > It’s because you didn’t have enough height on him, if he hadn’t gotten onto the ledge you were on and you still hit him then he would’ve died.
>
>
> I got killed by a guy just jumping in the air at the height of a spartan and killed me then again ground pound is bs.

He might have had the mod death from above ?

> 2533274805919869;7:
> lol who walks off the map

I know right. I usually jump off the map. lol

Ground pound only fully depletes shield and armor if their are 2 rings showing when you ground pound, and only if your target is within the smaller inner ring. The rings only appear depending on how far you are from the ground NOT the target (that is why you have gotten kills like this previously). If you are a good distance from the ground you will kill the target no matter how close the target is just as long as the target is within the small inner circle.