Why didn't Forerunners use Guardians against Flood

It makes no sense that these things that are capable of doing massive destruction couldn’t of been used to wipe out flood. I mean if they fought with those attack concussion blasts like they showed in the trailers, not game, they would of had an easy time handling the flood.

EDIT: EMPs might not be the only weapon it has as implied by Exuberant that one can effectively POLICE a solar system. but even if it was just EMP, they would be contained on a planet and couldnt leave and forerunners show up and glass it like Covies did to Africa and problem solved.

I don’t remember the guardians ever being mentioned in the Forerunner trilogy books. Totally agree. If they had them why didn’t they use them before they committed mass suicide? There was already so much lore to work with for H5 and they decide to throw in all this crazy lore breaking new stuff? H5 has completely ruined the entire Halo universe for me.

EMP is useless against biological opponent?

The concussion blast is it going into slipspace. Its not a weapon.

In fairness we don’t know if the Guardian actually has other weapons. For all we know, each one could be like a Reaper from Mass Effect and shoot lasers from its wings or shoot singularity bubbles from its eyes. I mean if Cortana is sincere about wanting to rule the galaxy, as opposed to total genocide like all previous Halo villains, then it makes sense for her to use the Guardians non lethal weaponry.

Also we’ve only seen small flood infections so we don’t know how powerful a full planetary or even galactic infestation can be.

Finally, the Logic Plague. Its likely that Mendicant Bias was able to control several or even most of the Guardians and use them to help the Flood.

The guardians are aweful compared to actual forerunner warships. They most likely are like the british policemen rather than armed to the teeth tanks.

This is all speculation.

The guardians have shown 4 things.

1. A shockwave result from charging up.
  2. Slip space immedately after charging.
  3. Ability to “hold” some infantry through slipspace.
  4. An EMP global effect.

Absolutely none of this is useful verses a KeyMind.

An EMP would at least keep them from spreading to new planets.

The Flood absorb the collective knowledge and memories of their victims. Safe to assume they would have some machines of their own under their control as a result.

They probably did. And the Flood, being the Flood, fought back. Maybe with their own stolen Guardians. Maybe with other Forerunner constructs capable of fighting Guardians.

> 2533274803587475;3:
> EMP is useless against biological opponent?
>
> The concussion blast is it going into slipspace. Its not a weapon.
>
> In fairness we don’t know if the Guardian actually has other weapons. For all we know, each one could be like a Reaper from Mass Effect and shoot lasers from its wings or shoot singularity bubbles from its eyes. I mean if Cortana is sincere about wanting to rule the galaxy, as opposed to total genocide like all previous Halo villains, then it makes sense for her to use the Guardians non lethal weaponry.
>
> Also we’ve only seen small flood infections so we don’t know how powerful a full planetary or even galactic infestation can be.
>
> Finally, the Logic Plague. Its likely that Mendicant Bias was able to control several or even most of the Guardians and use them to help the Flood.

you tell me this aint lethal. Halo 5 Trailer Live Action Launch Trailer TV Commercial - YouTube that suit is what saved him. i think the game make the slipspace jump look laughable. they talk about it means a crater when it departs. all you have to do, if it didnt even have weapons besides an EMP, which in real life actually down effect organics as you have neurons that do get affected by it, they could just play a game of pikaboo and just keep showing up, than leaving, showing up again, than leaving etc until they’ve craters a planet after than covies could glass a planet. also it was said they were used on planets to me them obedient. i believe the EMP is just its initial attack, it can do more. And cortana doesnt care about life. i thought that was made clear in the game. she kills people in calling the guardians but when chief asks her how many she has killed she acts like a sociopath and pretends not to know but says its for the greater good. so maybe she thinks “well if a few resist and try to attack my guardians while they are controlling a planet, well than i can kill a few. at least the rest will understand not to fight me”

> 2533274909139271;4:
> The guardians are aweful compared to actual forerunner warships. They most likely are like the british policemen rather than armed to the teeth tanks.
>
> This is all speculation.
>
> The guardians have shown 4 things.
> 1. A shockwave result from charging up.
> 2. Slip space immedately after charging.
> 3. Ability to “hold” some infantry through slipspace.
> 4. An EMP global effect.
>
> Absolutely none of this is useful verses a KeyMind.

read my response to total war on how it can do more.

Read the books if you want details. Or at least read some Halo wikis. The Forerunner were no match for the flood. The Guardians would not help. The only way to defeat the flood is to starve them to death. Big guns pointed at the flood will not wipe out the flood.

> 2533274792068284;5:
> An EMP would at least keep them from spreading to new planets.

that too is why the flood would have been able to be stopped at the first planet hell even if they had ships and were moving, they could be used in space to stop them.

> 2533274890800227;10:
> Read the books if you want details. Or at least read some Halo wikis. The Forerunner were no match for the flood. The Guardians would not help. The only way to defeat the flood is to starve them to death. Big guns pointed at the flood will not wipe out the flood.

first off, books, announced by 343, like Disney for Star wars, are no longer canon. but they put the same disclaimer “Given they are part of a similar story, however, content and characters based on Legends works may appear in the new ‘storytelling approach’” but again i have read enough stories to know the flood could have easy been contained by guardians. even if it was just EMPs, which it isnt, they would never be able to leave a planet.

I have a theory. Maybe the Guardians don’t have weapons at all besides EMP. Maybe it’s just a scare-tactic. No real threat, but it’s gigantic and scary-lookings so you’ll do whatver the guy in charge says.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> The Flood absorb the collective knowledge and memories of their victims. Safe to assume they would have some machines of their own under their control as a result.

they do that to organics. they only were able to compromise an unstable AI to help them. but in the end the AI was not infected but it rather saw flood as the future of evolution. it wasnt under control as it might sound but it helped them so people assume it was under control.

> 2533274861780280;13:
> I have a theory. Maybe the Guardians don’t have weapons at all besides EMP. Maybe it’s just a scare-tactic. No real threat, but it’s gigantic and scary-lookings so you’ll do whatver the guy in charge says.

as explained, EMPs would have contained and starved the flood to death.

We haven’t even seen exactly what they do besides cone out of the ground and cause EMP disturbances.

> 2533274800212919;14:
> > 2533274819302824;6:
> > The Flood absorb the collective knowledge and memories of their victims. Safe to assume they would have some machines of their own under their control as a result.
>
>
> they do that to organics. they only were able to compromise an unstable AI to help them. but in the end the AI was not infected but it rather saw flood as the future of evolution. it wasnt under control as it might sound but it helped them so people assume it was under control.

No, I mean they infect individuals with knowledge of the machines, then hack into machines or produce their own machines.

The Gravemind was able to do this with High Charity in Halo 3. Took control of it and crashed it into Earth.

> 2533274800212919;12:
> > 2533274890800227;10:
> > Read the books if you want details. Or at least read some Halo wikis. The Forerunner were no match for the flood. The Guardians would not help. The only way to defeat the flood is to starve them to death. Big guns pointed at the flood will not wipe out the flood.
>
>
> first off, books, announced by 343, like Disney for Star wars, are no longer canon. but they put the same disclaimer “Given they are part of a similar story, however, content and characters based on Legends works may appear in the new ‘storytelling approach’” but again i have read enough stories to know the flood could have easy been contained by guardians. even if it was just EMPs, which it isnt, they would never be able to leave a planet.

Not necessarily. The initial spread of the flood would have proven very difficult to deal with. What happens when the flood first shows up on a forerunner ship? Or on a populated Forerunner world? What are they gonna do? Use the Guardian and give thousands of their fellow Forerunners a permanent minor case of severe Brain Damage?

Guardians were to busy killing us in multiplayer duh.

> 2533274912254619;7:
> They probably did. And the Flood, being the Flood, fought back. Maybe with their own stolen Guardians. Maybe with other Forerunner constructs capable of fighting Guardians.

if that was so, why was it never mentioned at all. they just said it was to subdue lower planets into the forerunner empire. as if they just said “we are going to grow our empire now that we are incharge and the Precursors are not. you join use willingly for we force peace.” “okay now that we have peace we can retire them” “oh no there is flood. we have nothing to stop them.” “what about those guardians” “shhhhh” i mean come on. has anyone heard of a compromised Promethean to help the flood? Didact made them because they could not fall to the flood even though theyd never be human or forerunner again.