Why didn't 343 use blur?

Why didn’t 343 use blur, the halo 2A cutscene guys, for halo 5? The halo 2A cutscenes were by far the most realistic cutscenes ever. The halo 5 ones are still good, but halo 2A made me debate whether I was watching a live action movie or not. Hopefully, they can use blur for halo 3A and halo 6.

I actually much prefer the cutscenes that Halo 5 has. That isn’t to say that the H2A ones weren’t amazing, because they were, but I like both.

It’s possible that they may end up using Blur for the Halo Wars 2 cutscenes though. After the original Halo Wars cutsenes looked so good, they’ll need a good follow-up.

I think they went with in-game cutscenes in Halo 5. They all looked pretty good and matched the rest of the game more. Plus Blur is probably working on Halo Wars 2.

Yeah H5 used the pre-existing assets for cutscenes. Blur, which creates beautiful work, is full-on CGI.

I’m fine with either one.

Seeing as they made the Halo Wars 1 cutscenes (which were amazing back then and still impressive now), they were probably working on the Halo Wars 2 ones during Halo 5’s development.

> 2533274934264802;5:
> Seeing as they made the Halo Wars 1 cutscenes (which were amazing back then and still impressive now), they were probably working on the Halo Wars 2 ones during Halo 5’s development.

Possibly, if Halo Wars 2 story has already been ironed out.

I was actually happy with the in-game renderings for Halo 5, but I wouldn’t complain with Blur at the helm.

Most likely to keep the same graphics consistently throughout the campaign. It’s kind of awkward to see this amazing cutscene and then cut into gameplay that looks no where near as good. It breaks immersion.

> 2533274809541057;6:
> > 2533274934264802;5:
> > Seeing as they made the Halo Wars 1 cutscenes (which were amazing back then and still impressive now), they were probably working on the Halo Wars 2 ones during Halo 5’s development.
>
>
> Possibly, if Halo Wars 2 story has already been ironed out.

The game currently holds a release for next year, so I’d imagine most of the story is complete or at least enough to get them started.

I think Blur should be reserved for those special titles like Wars and Anniversary. Wars because the gameplay graphics don’t necessarily have to be stunning so why not make up for it in the cutscenes and Anniversary well because its an anniversary, it should be special. If 343 used Blur in every game it would be as special to see those amazing cutscenes.

Both were are great but yeah I prefer the ones Halo 5 had.

Blur effect was always used to make things focus clearer to the eye. With High-Def / Blu-Ray quality picture, there’s no need. And, Halo 5’s visuals are pretty damn good, so nothing to complain about.

> 2760465307323250;12:
> Blur effect was always used to make things focus clearer to the eye. With High-Def / Blu-Ray quality picture, there’s no need. And, Halo 5’s visuals are pretty damn good, so nothing to complain about.

Blur is a CGI studio. We are not talking about the motion blur effect.

I do like 2As cinematics but I kinda prefer Halo 5s ones more

Pretty sure that theyre doing Halo Wars 2s cinematics as they already did the announcement trailer for it. Think its a great idea because the ones in Halo Wars were beautiful

Because it breaks immersion!
In a throwback game for fans it makes sense they could use CGI from Blur.

Probably was more expensive, I think they also were working on the Fall of Reach too.

Cost. running a full game’s worth of CG at that level is incredibly expensive.

> 2533274812438213;16:
> Probably was more expensive, I think they also were working on the Fall of Reach too.

Sequence was the group working on The Fall or Reach, they did the Terminals for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 4, and Halo 2 Anniversary. Blur did the cutscenes for Halo Wars and Halo 2 Anniversary. Axis Animation did the prologue and epilogue cutscenes for Halo 4 and I believe they were involved in Halo 5.

The CG in Halo 5 (opening cutscene, the scene where we first see Cortana and she locks Blue Team in the cryptum, and the end scene) are done by Axis, the same people who did the CG work on Halo 4’s prologue, epilogue, and Spartan Ops.

Blur worked on Halo Wars, Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo Wars 2 (we’ve already seen their work in the trailer for Halo Wars 2)

But like with Halo 4, the bulk of the cutscenes are done in-game as I believe they should be. Halo 2 Anniversary was an homage to Halo 2 and was given cinematic quality cutscenes. But for a typical game, the scenes are usually done in-game so that the assets you play as and interact with are the same and the immersion is solid and continuity is fluid and you don’t run into a situation where a scene looks life-like then suddenly you’re thrust back into a video game. But in the case of Halo 2 Anniversary, it was to pay tribute and given the fancy treatment. Plus it’s a lot more expensive, CG.

The Halo 5 cut scenes were better than I thought they would be, way better than the ones we got in Halo 4.