Why did you ruin SWAT?!

Half the maps were taken out, you added super OP power weapons, and practically removed my favorite gun, H5 BR. Why would you mess with something that was fine? Overgrowth was my favorite map, fathom was awesome with top and bottom mid, and tyrant had close quarters combat. Now Halo CE Pistols were added for H1 SWAT. The auto aim is not even there so luck is out of the question. With H2 SWAT and Halo 2 BR’s, the auto aim is so OP I I can’t even get a shot off. I’m Diamond in SWAT and there are some good shooters in SWAT at that level, but before I was at least trading or going positive. Each time I get H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT I go negative… How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons? 343i, you had your shot, it was a good idea in theory but let’s stick to the basics. Halo 5 BR, Halo 5 Pistol, and Halo 5 DMR. Bring back maps for SWAT. And I don’t want to hear anyone say “Get Gud”. It’s not that I’m bad, it’s that they changed what worked. I’m not the only one that feels this way. There’s always a few in the lobby that complain when H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT pop up. Go back to how SWAT was 343i, Please.

I for one am thrilled to have more weapons in SWAT. In fact, I hope they make a carbine and light rifle variant.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s been ruined. Many people have asked for H1 magnum SWAT, even more people asked for H2 SWAT, and overgrowth was complained about by some folks as well. So even if your opinions are popular, it doesn’t mean they represent the entire community.

> 2535412881067617;1:
> How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons?

When there are no shields, isn’t everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol

> 2533274803493024;2:
> When there are no shields, isn’t everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol

This right here. No matter what weapons they toss in, SWAT is, and will always be, about one thing: Gettin’ Headshots. One shot, one kill.

I agree that the maps being removed, is just wrong. Everything else I disagree with. I like the H1 Magnum & the H2 BR. As CoverMyMeds said, let’s bring in the Carbine & Light rifle.

I preferred the old map rotation. All I get now is Mercy, Pegasus, and Coliseum.

> 2535412881067617;1:
> Half the maps were taken out, you added super OP power weapons, and practically removed my favorite gun, H5 BR. Why would you mess with something that was fine? Overgrowth was my favorite map, fathom was awesome with top and bottom mid, and tyrant had close quarters combat. Now Halo CE Pistols were added for H1 SWAT. The auto aim is not even there so luck is out of the question. With H2 SWAT and Halo 2 BR’s, the auto aim is so OP I I can’t even get a shot off. I’m Diamond in SWAT and there are some good shooters in SWAT at that level, but before I was at least trading or going positive. Each time I get H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT I go negative… How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons? 343i, you had your shot, it was a good idea in theory but let’s stick to the basics. Halo 5 BR, Halo 5 Pistol, and Halo 5 DMR. Bring back maps for SWAT. And I don’t want to hear anyone say “Get Gud”. It’s not that I’m bad, it’s that they changed what worked. I’m not the only one that feels this way. There’s always a few in the lobby that complain when H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT pop up. Go back to how SWAT was 343i, Please.

tbh. i hate halo 1 swat. I played normal swat variants and won them all. but i got 2 halo1 swat games and lost them both.

Wait, so OP complains about H1 Swat because it has no auto aim, then complains about H2 Swat because it has too much auto aim? And his problem with both playlists is that they cause him to go negative? I must be missing the point, because I can’t determine what OP wants in his Swat games (aside from more maps).
Am I missing some point here? Or does OP just need an auto aim that’s more in the middle of the spectrum to play optimally?

> 2533274925370623;6:
> > 2535412881067617;1:
> > Half the maps were taken out, you added super OP power weapons, and practically removed my favorite gun, H5 BR. Why would you mess with something that was fine? Overgrowth was my favorite map, fathom was awesome with top and bottom mid, and tyrant had close quarters combat. Now Halo CE Pistols were added for H1 SWAT. The auto aim is not even there so luck is out of the question. With H2 SWAT and Halo 2 BR’s, the auto aim is so OP I I can’t even get a shot off. I’m Diamond in SWAT and there are some good shooters in SWAT at that level, but before I was at least trading or going positive. Each time I get H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT I go negative… How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons? 343i, you had your shot, it was a good idea in theory but let’s stick to the basics. Halo 5 BR, Halo 5 Pistol, and Halo 5 DMR. Bring back maps for SWAT. And I don’t want to hear anyone say “Get Gud”. It’s not that I’m bad, it’s that they changed what worked. I’m not the only one that feels this way. There’s always a few in the lobby that complain when H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT pop up. Go back to how SWAT was 343i, Please.
>
> tbh. i hate halo 1 swat. I played normal swat variants and won them all. but i got 2 halo1 swat games and lost them both.

SEEEEEE I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE. SMH 343

> 2533274817408735;7:
> Wait, so OP complains about H1 Swat because it has no auto aim, then complains about H2 Swat because it has too much auto aim? And his problem with both playlists is that they cause him to go negative? I must be missing the point, because I can’t determine what OP wants in his Swat games (aside from more maps).
> Am I missing some point here? Or does OP just need an auto aim that’s more in the middle of the spectrum to play optimally?

Yes, H5 Weapons. Not Halo 1 or Halo 2 weapons, this is Halo 5, not HaloMashup.

I like the new weapon introduction, what I’ve been asking for a long time, however I keep playing the same map over and over again, looking at you pegasus 2. Don’t get me started on sneaky trolley campers.

This brings up another issue I have. WHY CAN’T WE VOTE FOR MAPS/GAME MODES WITHIN A PLAYLIST?!?!?!?! I’m making a new thread about that now.

I for one think SWAT was broken before all this, the spawns have always been horrible.

> 2533274805640921;12:
> I for one think SWAT was broken before all this, the spawns have always been horrible.

Agree to disagree. If you play SWAT long enough you learn the spawns like any other playlist or game mode. The only issue I found with spawns is that when 343 tried to fix them, they actually managed to make them worse.

> 2535412881067617;9:
> > 2533274817408735;7:
> > Wait, so OP complains about H1 Swat because it has no auto aim, then complains about H2 Swat because it has too much auto aim? And his problem with both playlists is that they cause him to go negative? I must be missing the point, because I can’t determine what OP wants in his Swat games (aside from more maps).
> > Am I missing some point here? Or does OP just need an auto aim that’s more in the middle of the spectrum to play optimally?
>
> Yes, H5 Weapons. Not Halo 1 or Halo 2 weapons, this is Halo 5, not HaloMashup.

A large portion of the community complains for HaloMashup…like it or not because it’s not Halo XYZ that they remember

> 2586218893181855;3:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > When there are no shields, isn’t everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol
>
> This right here. No matter what weapons they toss in, SWAT is, and will always be, about one thing: Gettin’ Headshots. One shot, one kill.

I agree but I think the point OP is trying to make is that the level of skill reqired to get those headshots has gone down with the addition of these older weapons, which both have lower recoil and higher bullet magnetism.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I for one am thrilled to have more weapons in SWAT. In fact, I hope they make a carbine and light rifle variant.
>
> Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s been ruined. Many people have asked for H1 magnum SWAT, even more people asked for H2 SWAT, and overgrowth was complained about by some folks as well. So even if your opinions are popular, it doesn’t mean they represent the entire community.
>
>
> > 2535412881067617;1:
> > How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons?
>
> When there are no shields, isn’t everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol

congrats on being a monitor now meds

edit: Chimera as well

> 2535410586901580;15:
> > 2586218893181855;3:
> > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > When there are no shields, isn’t everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol
> >
> > This right here. No matter what weapons they toss in, SWAT is, and will always be, about one thing: Gettin’ Headshots. One shot, one kill.
>
> I agree but I think the point OP is trying to make is that the level of skill reqired to get those headshots has gone down with the addition of these older weapons, which both have lower recoil and higher bullet magnetism.

Having had the chance to play both variants, all I can say is that it doesn’t feel any different to me. Some games, I dominate. Others, it feels like I can’t even get a shot off (and get crushed).

SWATnums or bust!

It’s been a while since I’ve played SWAT. Did they really pull the Overgrowth, Tyrant, and Fathom maps? (It’s kinda funny, because I hated Overgrowth when it was released, but grew to really enjoy it…especially in SWATnums.)

The only thing i dont like is halo ce pistol swat, i cant use that gun in swat at all. I rather play halo 2 swat, becuase it feels like halo 3-4 swat for me. And for some reason i can use a dmr for swat, not the br. I dont care about the maps as much as i care about what gun im using.