Why did we get "scammed" in multiplayer maps?

Seriously, we only got a total of two Combat Evolved maps last I checked, unless one or two were in the PC version.

Why are there no further map packs at least? Why are Halo 2 maps idiotically included when it is likely a Halo 2 Anniversary will come out one day or another?

It makes no sense that you can beef up an entire campaign, then suddenly, arbitrarily, ignore the massive amount of multiplayer maps which pale in comparative required effort…

To further kill the dream…

I don’t remember there being so few game-type lobbies…

All but one multiplayer map was in CE/PC.

Ridgline = TimberlandHalo - Halo PC Exclusive
Battle Canyon = Beaver Creek - Halo CE
High Noon = Hang 'Em High - Halo CE
Penance = Damnation - Halo CE
Solitary = Prisoner - Halo CE
Breakneck = Headlong - Halo 2

Basically, you’re a little off in your numbers…

Wait I thought Beaver Creek was Halo 2

I think Battle Creek was perhaps also in H2 under a different name. Regardless, we have very few of the maps; no Longest (underrated map perfect for shotguns and no shields), no Boarding Action, no Rat Race, no Derelict , no Chiron TL-34 etc.

> Seriously, we only got a total of two Combat Evolved maps last I checked, unless one or two were in the PC version.
>
> Why are there no further map packs at least? Why are Halo 2 maps idiotically included when it is likely a Halo 2 Anniversary will come out one day or another?
>
> It makes no sense that you can beef up an entire campaign, then suddenly, arbitrarily, ignore the massive amount of multiplayer maps which pale in comparative required effort…
>
> To further kill the dream…
>
> I don’t remember there being so few game-type lobbies…

No, we didn’t get ripped off. Most people these days seem to forget there are development times for these games, and they can’t suddenly squeeze every single Halo CE map onto Reach. 6 multiplayer maps was a good deal, and I loved them all. As a long standing Halo CE player (I still play at least once a week) I can tell you you wouldn’t have wanted every map unless they heavily modified it. I think you guys are forgetting Chiron Tl34, what a terrible map that was. Running through endless teleporters, with little creativity put into it. (Not flaming Bungie, they have a place in my heart, but I will be honest and say I hated this map).

The anniversary map pack was a good deal, updated for a modern experience. This is probably the best blast from the past I have ever seen.

I loved Chiron. You don’t understand creativity at all.

Your 100% missing the point to the point I suspect you might be a random 343 or other employee trying to stop the complaining…

If you can concert an entire campaign universe, you should easily be able to convert the maps for multiplayer.

Why does everyone assume they have to code “everything?” They aren’t imagineering, they may literally be copy/pasting maps, which I would be more thankful for than just ignoring them completely. I bought an entire GAME, not a mere map-pack! I have seen first-hand their handiwork, and it makes no sense that so much multiplayer is BANISHED from an ANNIVERSARY!

> I loved Chiron. You don’t understand creativity at all.
>
> Your 100% missing the point to the point I suspect you might be a random 343 or other employee trying to stop the complaining…
>
> If you can concert an entire campaign universe, you should easily be able to convert the maps for multiplayer.
>
> Why does everyone assume they have to code “everything?” They aren’t imagineering, they may literally be copy/pasting maps, which I would be more thankful for than just ignoring them completely. I bought an entire GAME, not a mere map-pack! I have seen first-hand their handiwork, and it makes no sense that so much multiplayer is BANISHED from an ANNIVERSARY!

It’s not the maps. It’s the fact that the netcode for Halo CE is terribad and too hard to make work with xbox LIVE. Try playing Halo PC. That runs off the same netcode as Halo CE, and the connections are so bad. Anything over 100 ping has to lead really far ahead. There was also no point when Halo Reach was perfectly alive, and Halo 4 was coming the next year.

Every map except for Headlong was in CE/PC.

Wile it may have been a good deal and a good add-on to Reach, I think it’d have been better to see the real CE Multiplayer come back. Regardless of net-code.

The campaign was meant to be a celebration of the tenth anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved, while the multiplayer aspect was supposed to celebrate ten years of iteration in multiplayer - not Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer specifically. That’s why we got two Halo 2 maps (Breakneck and Battle Canyon), three Halo: Combat Evolved maps (Penance, High Noon, and Solitary), a Halo PC map (Ridgeline) and then one Firefight map (Installation 04) based on a classic encounter, but updated with a new engine and new enemies. That’s why the maps were designed to play with in both the newly-designed Anniversary Slayer as well as the more modern Halo: Reach gametypes.

Still wish they would’ve remastered Blood Gulch. Hemorrhage was ok, but it never felt like Blood Gulch.

I loved what 343i did with Halo: Anniversary. They added classic maps to the existing multiplier space (Reach). While giving us the classic campaign with a remastered look. I hope that if and when they make Halo 2 anniversary that they do it exactly the same

I thought there were 6 maps+ a new firefight location?

Don’t forget about “Chill Out” and “Chiron” and “Sidewinder”…

I really miss sidewinder

They should have remade ALL of the CE maps. If they could re canvas the entire campaign it should not have been too hard for them to re-canvas the multi player maps.

They were right to throw them into Reaches playlist hoppers though, Splintering the community would not have worked.

Right here’s my experience with this so called Map Pack Download,

As we know it says in the description for 1200 Microsoft points you get to play Six classic competitive multiplayer maps and a new firefight map.

When you actually download it and begin to play you only have 2 which is Anniversary Classic and Anniversary Firefight,

Yes there are different game maps in these two playlists, but not the game types you have supposed to have downloaded,

Rumors online say that the game types were removed before Halo 4 came out, why? I haven’t a clue, why still sell something online if it has been messed with? They’re selling a false description.

There used to be different game types in the list like Anniversary BTB, etc, but for some reason they have been removed, which is ridiculous because not these achievements are pretty much impossible to complete!

I complete games 100% and I’m unable to complete this one due to this error,

I’ve rang and told them of the issue and they have refunded me the points, I suggest you all do the same as this is ridiculous!

The requirements for the achievements ask for certain game types/maps and they are impossible to find.

Get a refund :frowning: