why did they get rid of King of the Hill?

Why do they keep changing the playlists?!?!
They add some and take some away all the time!
IF YOU MAKE A NEW PLAYLIST LEAVE IT THERE!!
people are going to play it and start to really enjoy it and then you take it away?! wtf?!?!

Someone needs to read bulletins :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway 343i has expressed that they want to use rotational playlists in the game’s early stages to test the waters of the community to see which game types and modes people like playing. The more popular ones would stay (IE SWAT) and not as popular ones would rotate (Snipers) in order to keep a strong match making experience.

I believe (don’t quote me) that they would eventually create more permanent play lists for the extreamly popular game modes.

It was removed due to low population. Playlist will be retired if they don’t hold a large enough population. Spreading out the already thin population over too many playlist will increase matching times and create unbalanced games.

IMO opinion this would be solved by going back to a team objective playlist that has all the objective gametypes in one.

> …going back to a team objective playlist that has all the objective gametypes in one.

^ This x1000.

And no Team Snipers. Ever.

> Someone needs to read bulletins :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
> Anyway 343i has expressed that they want to use rotational playlists in the game’s early stages to test the waters of the community to see which game types and modes people like playing. The more popular ones would stay (IE SWAT) and not as popular ones would rotate (Snipers) in order to keep a strong match making experience.
>
> I believe (don’t quote me) that they would eventually create more permanent play lists for the extreamly popular game modes.

This is utter BS, its because they didnt stress test their servers before the launch and cant handle that much data being transferred. What it boils down to is, they subcontracted everything out to third party incompetents (who didnt meet their deadlines by the time the game went gold, i.e. customs game options, no grifball, no theatre for spops and campaign, no announcer in theatre replays, and numerous other shortcomings.) while they jet setted around the world, lining their pockets with our money and shipped a less than finished product.

> > …going back to a team objective playlist that has all the objective gametypes in one.
>
> ^ This x1000.
>
> And no Team Snipers. Ever.

They’ve already said that a “New and improved” Team Snipers would be coming back.

So, assuming KotH was removed (I can’t verify) - what does that do to the KotH specific commendations?

> <mark>It was removed due to low population</mark>. Playlist will be retired if they don’t hold a large enough population. Spreading out the already thin population over too many playlist will increase matching times and create unbalanced games.
>
> IMO opinion this would be solved by going back to a team objective playlist that has all the objective gametypes in one.

By that same token, Crimson DLC should also be removed. But wait! It just came out!

I don’t know if you’ve noticed…but DLC playlists are not all that popular. Even in Reach they didn’t have a ton of people playing them. Crimson DLC is honestly one of my favorite playlists because it has objective and the occasional slayer game. Variety

> This is utter BS, its because they didnt stress test their servers before the launch and cant handle that much data being transferred. What it boils down to is, they subcontracted everything out to third party incompetents (who didnt meet their deadlines by the time the game went gold, i.e. customs game options, no grifball, no theatre for spops and campaign, no announcer in theatre replays, and numerous other shortcomings.) while they jet setted around the world, lining their pockets with our money and shipped a less than finished product.

Do you have proof or are you just making a false claim/assumptions? Because you know what they say about assumptions…

> > This is utter BS, its because they didnt stress test their servers before the launch and cant handle that much data being transferred. What it boils down to is, they subcontracted everything out to third party incompetents (who didnt meet their deadlines by the time the game went gold, i.e. customs game options, no grifball, no theatre for spops and campaign, no announcer in theatre replays, and numerous other shortcomings.) while they jet setted around the world, lining their pockets with our money and shipped a less than finished product.
>
> Do you have proof or are you just making a false claim/assumptions? Because you know what they say about assumptions…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

My proof is in the game. Check out the dev team sub-contractor list. The glaring problems prove my statement to be accurate.

Here is the short list:
343i
Certain Affinity
Axis Animation
Savalas
Giant Studios
Cubic Motion

People get all mad at Frankie, its not his fault, he’s only the director. Max Hoberman is a name you all should become familiar with, since his team did the MP portion of the game.

I guess i was asking because what about the playlist specific commendations? how are you suppose to complete them if there is no playlist for it?!

> My proof is in the game. Check out the dev team sub-contractor list. The glaring problems prove my statement to be accurate.

I still don’t get this. Because they sub-contracted the Multiplayer maps, sound and art work means that they can’t have philosophy in how to run their game? Again you’re just assuming things without proof.

> > > This is utter BS, its because they didnt stress test their servers before the launch and cant handle that much data being transferred. What it boils down to is, they subcontracted everything out to third party incompetents (who didnt meet their deadlines by the time the game went gold, i.e. customs game options, no grifball, no theatre for spops and campaign, no announcer in theatre replays, and numerous other shortcomings.) while they jet setted around the world, lining their pockets with our money and shipped a less than finished product.
> >
> > Do you have proof or are you just making a false claim/assumptions? Because you know what they say about assumptions…
>
> My proof is in the game. Check out the dev team sub-contractor list. The glaring problems prove my statement to be accurate.
>
> Here is the short list:
> 343i
> Certain Affinity
> Axis Animation
> Savalas
> Giant Studios
> Cubic Motion

No, they prove you to be slightly delusional. You want your theory to be right so badly that you fail to acknowledge truth. They were rotational playlists (still are), it’ll come back later (just like snipers). Why can’t people understand this?

> I guess i was asking because what about the playlist specific commendations? how are you suppose to complete them if there is no playlist for it?!

You can complete every single commendation on that list through multiple playlists.

> > > > This is utter BS, its because they didnt stress test their servers before the launch and cant handle that much data being transferred. What it boils down to is, they subcontracted everything out to third party incompetents (who didnt meet their deadlines by the time the game went gold, i.e. customs game options, no grifball, no theatre for spops and campaign, no announcer in theatre replays, and numerous other shortcomings.) while they jet setted around the world, lining their pockets with our money and shipped a less than finished product.
> > >
> > > Do you have proof or are you just making a false claim/assumptions? Because you know what they say about assumptions…
> >
> > My proof is in the game. Check out the dev team sub-contractor list. The glaring problems prove my statement to be accurate.
> >
> > Here is the short list:
> > 343i
> > Certain Affinity
> > Axis Animation
> > Savalas
> > Giant Studios
> > Cubic Motion
>
> No, they prove you to be slightly delusional. You want your theory to be right so badly that you fail to acknowledge truth. They were rotational playlists (still are), it’ll come back later (just like snipers). Why can’t people understand this?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

You dont take away things in a game, generally you add to the formula that has been tried and true. Did I insult you? Because you felt the need to call me delusional. Why? Because my opinion doesnt match yours?

The truth is they had too many cooks with their hand in the pot, failed to meet deadlines and shipped the game as is and covered their butts by saying we can just TU it into the game later.

> > My proof is in the game. Check out the dev team sub-contractor list. The glaring problems prove my statement to be accurate.
>
> I still don’t get this. Because they sub-contracted the Multiplayer maps, sound and art work means that they can’t have philosophy in how to run their game? Again you’re just assuming things without proof.

What is there not to get?
You dont remember the first week of launch? Players couldnt even play! They contracted everything out, what exactly did they produce. MP was someone else, Spops someone else. Sound someone else, Motion Capture someone else, Music someone else, Media someone else, they merely oversaw the development.

> What is there not to get?
> You dont remember the first week of launch? Players couldnt even play! They contracted everything out, what exactly did they produce. MP was someone else, Spops someone else. Sound someone else, Motion Capture someone else, Music someone else, Media someone else, they merely oversaw the development.

Again how does that change their decision on how to run their game?

Because 343i hates puppies.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

This game sucks. Im sure they know it lol