Why did the technicians remove MC's armor?

I mean, I watched the epilogue again and noticed that instead of using one of those rings, the Chief has his armor removed by technicians.

Oh and if we indeed see MC in spartan ops, what kind of armor will he wear?

Those rings are designed specifically for Spartan IV’s. Spartan II’s are much larger, and have always had to get their armor removed and put on by technicians.

Well in the cutscene you see how tall/big chief is compared to the spartan IV’s, also the fact that spartan II’s are a lot bigger than spartan IV’s.

Basically what this person said as well.

> Those rings are designed specifically for Spartan IV’s. Spartan II’s are much larger, and have always had to get their armor removed and put on by technicians.

> and have always had to get their armor removed and put on by technicians.

Not true, Spartan II 010 Naomi had her armor removed via a similar way during Halo: Grasslands. But it looks like that it is only possible to do it with Mjolnir Mark VII since she only uses that device(ring?) when she is wearing Mark VII.

Can’t remember correctly if she was wearing an updated Mark VI or Mark VII at that time though :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Why did the Chief’s armor get removed by technicians?

Because he has worn the same suit since Halo 2. It’s time for an upgrade.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a new set of armor for the Chief, Just as long as 343 keep it traditional. Keep his helmet a similar design as the other Halo’s but change the rest.

The MC had his armor removed by techies because the rings were in repair.

Caayn Dragon: I believe she had the standard Mk VI armor. I don’t remember Mk VII being mentioned in either Glasslands or The Thursday War.

> Why did the Chief’s armor get removed by technicians?
>
> Because he has worn the same suit since Halo 2. It’s time for an upgrade.
>
> I wouldn’t mind seeing a new set of armor for the Chief, Just as long as 343 keep it traditional. Keep his helmet a similar design as the other Halo’s but change the rest.

It seems you havent even bothered to read the whole question… lolz

> The MC had his armor removed by techies because the rings were in repair.

No they werent, if look close you can see other Spartans using them.

probably wanted to have a shower, also remember that h3 advertisement with the bubble shield where he just took off his helmet by hand?

> > Why did the Chief’s armor get removed by technicians?
> >
> > Because he has worn the same suit since Halo 2. It’s time for an upgrade.
> >
> > I wouldn’t mind seeing a new set of armor for the Chief, Just as long as 343 keep it traditional. Keep his helmet a similar design as the other Halo’s but change the rest.
>
> It seems you havent even bothered to read the whole question… lolz

Because it has already been answered my friend. Those ‘rings’ were designed for the Spartan IV’s. Chief is a Spartan II, He is a lot taller.

I only added my opinion for a laugh.

After Cortana’s overhaul their factory gear probably wasn’t able to do the job so they did it by hand.

Give the guy a break, he probably smelled horrible and needed a shower. I mean, he hasn’t bathed in now long?

> probably wanted to have a shower, also remember that h3 advertisement with the bubble shield where <mark>he just took off his helmet by hand</mark>?

Well yeah…its just a helmet.

In Forward unto Dawn, fred and kelly took off their helmets, in halo ce the last cutscene chief took off his helmet.

> > The MC had his armor removed by techies because the rings were in repair.
>
> No they werent, if look close you can see other Spartans using them.

Those spartans were getting theirs off at station 520. MC’s was at station 104 which was under repair at the time.

> Caayn Dragon: I believe she had the standard Mk VI armor. I don’t remember Mk VII being mentioned in either Glasslands or The Thursday War.

Just checked my claim in my last post and they are true :D.

Both of the following pages take place in febraury 2553.

If you look at page 211 Naomi shows to Vaz and Mal (both ODST for the non reader :P) how her armor is put on with the help of a machine.

Now if you look on page 291 she says to Vaz that the armor she is wearing is Mark VII.

> > > The MC had his armor removed by techies because the rings were in repair.
> >
> > No they werent, if look close you can see other Spartans using them.
>
> Those spartans were getting theirs off at station 520. MC’s was at station 104 which was under repair at the time.

Source?

That armor bay wasn’t in repair… when it first shows the bay in Epilogue there are Spartans getting in them.

Chief was too tall for the rings, so the technicians had to do it manually. This was also the first time Chief has taken off his armor in 5 years, it was Mk VI. Its also possible that the rings just aren’t compatible with Mk VI, since Mk VII or perhaps VIII are the current Spartan II armor.

I would say Weight has something to do with it. Naomi’s mention that her armor was lighter than the old model, which the Chief was wearing, it would imply that he couldn’t have his armor changed by the machine because he was too heavy. It’s also possible that the machines were programmed to know where the bolts were on all the armor so it could automatically go to those spots to assemble and disassemble the armor. Since the Chief has customized armor which doesn’t meet any UNSC spec, techs had to manually examine his armor to find them.

> > Caayn Dragon: I believe she had the standard Mk VI armor. I don’t remember Mk VII being mentioned in either Glasslands or The Thursday War.
>
> Just checked my claim in my last post and they are true :D.
>
> Both of the following pages take place in febraury 2553.
>
> If you look at page 211 Naomi shows to Vaz and Mal (both ODST for the non reader :P) how her armor is put on with the help of a machine.
>
> Now if you look on page 291 she says to Vaz that the armor she is wearing is Mark VII.

I checked it out now, and you’re right.

> I would say Weight has something to do with it. Naomi’s mention that her armor was lighter than the old model, which the Chief was wearing, it would imply that he couldn’t have his armor changed by the machine because he was too heavy. It’s also possible that the machines were programmed to know where the bolts were on all the armor so it could automatically go to those spots to assemble and disassemble the armor. Since the Chief has customized armor which doesn’t meet any UNSC spec, techs had to manually examine his armor to find them.

MC had standard Mk VI. armor with customized firmware. The armor itself wasn’t modified.