why did 343i change the look of FuD

It looks different not bad looking but really contradicts expectations , I mean I was ok with the MK.VI changing but if you look twice it didn’t changed that much , but this is way too much.

any explanations??

AND NO I WILL NOT JUST GO WITH IT !!!

oh yeah here is the link

Big thanks to hal0 m4nfor showing this

EDIT: for you guys who don’t believe that this is 343i’s work check this XBL avatar prop looks like the broken half of the -_- …new FUD

That’s Mega Bloks. Not 343.

We haven’t fully seen it in game yet, and how will we know what the front half looks like?

> That’s Mega Bloks. Not 343.
>
> We haven’t fully seen it in game yet, and how will we know what the front half looks like?

Because we’ve seen it already. In the Key art and in small snippets of the Theatrical Trailer.

Yes we already saw the FUD at least part of it and it looks exactly like the FUD of Mega Bloks.

http://youtu.be/vFJsQwivltQ?t=1m15s

Um, aren’t those mega bloks? I’m sorry, I’m confused by what you are saying…

> Um, aren’t those mega bloks? I’m sorry, I’m confused by what you are saying…

check my edit

Because 343 couldn’t have put an entire level in it if they had kept the original design (it was too small). :smiley:

No, but seriously, they change a lot of things for no reason (see the Covenant), so it’s just their design, their take on the ship.

It looks so ordinary now…this is the first redesign I really dislike. I prefer the old Dawn by far.

This looks better. Why would you want to change something that looks this good and for something that looks so bad??

It just looks so bland and predictable now. Generic.

> This looks better. Why would you want to change something that looks this good and for something that looks so bad??
>
> It just looks so bland and predictable now. Generic.

From a design/safety perspective it look stupid. Nobody would build such thing. So many piece that can fall and destroy another part of the ship the way it was construct after being damaged.

I agree, FUD looks too different.

> > This looks better. Why would you want to change something that looks this good and for something that looks so bad??
> >
> > It just looks so bland and predictable now. Generic.
>
> From a design/safety perspective it look stupid. Nobody would build such thing. So many piece that can fall and destroy another part of the ship the way it was construct after being damaged.

Which is the same thing that they would say about the Warthog, the Banshee, all of the Covenant and a lot of the UNSC weaponry. UNSC ships have always been designed badly, with exposed bridges.

This is about appearance and awesomeness. The Bungie Frigate looks awesome, the new one does not.

> > > This looks better. Why would you want to change something that looks this good and for something that looks so bad??
> > >
> > > It just looks so bland and predictable now. Generic.
> >
> > From a design/safety perspective it look stupid. Nobody would build such thing. So many piece that can fall and destroy another part of the ship the way it was construct after being damaged.
>
> Which is the same thing that they would say about the Warthog, the Banshee, all of the Covenant and a lot of the UNSC weaponry. UNSC ships have always been designed badly, with exposed bridges.
>
> This is about appearance and awesomeness. The Bungie Frigate looks awesome, the new one does not.

I always prefered the more bulky ship to the over desgin ship. No ship can match the awesomeness of the GTD Galatea.

> > > > This looks better. Why would you want to change something that looks this good and for something that looks so bad??
> > > >
> > > > It just looks so bland and predictable now. Generic.
> > >
> > > From a design/safety perspective it look stupid. Nobody would build such thing. So many piece that can fall and destroy another part of the ship the way it was construct after being damaged.
> >
> > Which is the same thing that they would say about the Warthog, the Banshee, all of the Covenant and a lot of the UNSC weaponry. UNSC ships have always been designed badly, with exposed bridges.
> >
> > This is about appearance and awesomeness. The Bungie Frigate looks awesome, the new one does not.
>
> I always prefered the more bulky ship to the over desgin ship. No ship can match the awesomeness of the GTD Galatea.

Cardboard boxes painted dark purple with christmas lights.

> > > > > This looks better. Why would you want to change something that looks this good and for something that looks so bad??
> > > > >
> > > > > It just looks so bland and predictable now. Generic.
> > > >
> > > > From a design/safety perspective it look stupid. Nobody would build such thing. So many piece that can fall and destroy another part of the ship the way it was construct after being damaged.
> > >
> > > Which is the same thing that they would say about the Warthog, the Banshee, all of the Covenant and a lot of the UNSC weaponry. UNSC ships have always been designed badly, with exposed bridges.
> > >
> > > This is about appearance and awesomeness. The Bungie Frigate looks awesome, the new one does not.
> >
> > I always prefered the more bulky ship to the over desgin ship. No ship can match the awesomeness of the GTD Galatea.
>
> Cardboard boxes painted dark purple with christmas lights.

I like my Cardboard boxes. Problem? :stuck_out_tongue:

More polys. Otherwise there is no canonical reason.

This new FUD looks awesome actually but I can understand why some of you guys are disappointed. I agree it is kind of random that they changed what the frigates looked like for the halo universe but I do like that they’re trying to make this new trilogy look awesome. I’m behind them 100% for Halo 4.

> > That’s Mega Bloks. Not 343.
> >
> > We haven’t fully seen it in game yet, and how will we know what the front half looks like?
>
> Because we’ve seen it already. In the Key art and in small snippets of the Theatrical Trailer.

The Art is not representative of in-game. If you noticed, one of the images had the old banshee style, yet we’ve seen that the banshee does not look like that in-game.

I’m not sure what Theatrical trailer you’re talking about. The only trailers we’ve seen have been of the Infinity, and half of the Forward Unto to Dawn.

After looking… It seems like this is just another stunt of 343.

“We’re making it our Halo”

They like changing everything even if it’s worse off than before.

As long as they retcon the appearance to this in Halo 3 Anniversary, if it ever is made, I don’t have too much of a problem. As long as ALL UNSC frigates don’t look like that from now on, I’m good.