Why did 343 have to make geting armor so hard

It is really annoying that the makers of halo 4 had to make unlocking armor so hard! First let’s talk about commendations. Some of them are almost impossible. Take Vanguard for example. It’s really hard to get the forerunner destroyer commendation(if you know what I mean). Second of all, they shouldn’t have made helmets like fotus. It’s not fair that if someone started playing halo 4 a lot later then they couldn’t unlock it.

Are you feeling this way?

While I agree some armour is exceptionally difficult to get they probably did it so that when you got it you have a sense of accomplishment.
As for the Fotus armour that’s a bonus for those willing to support the game on release with the special edition console. It should stay that way and no I don’t have it :stuck_out_tongue:

No. Reaching sr130 is WAYYY too easy so i want hard commendations . And fotus comes with the limited xbox edition LOL.

I’m fine with commendations unlocking armor. I am not fine with the absurdly high requirements for said commendations. 500 plasma pistol kills? F*ck that. It should be 50.

I don’t really think it is difficult just time consuming. Yes, the Forerunner destroyer is annoying, but I am sure there are some vids or threads discussing the fastest way to finish it up.

I just wish we could see each others commendation completion percentage, and armor percentage. I liked this in Reach. It’s something I always looked at in lobby.

It gives me a goal which I enjoy, it’s hard? ok gives me something to aim for

I dislike the way Halo 4 does it as well. Personally, Halo 3’s way of attaining different armor variants through achievements is the way to go.

It’s not really hard though. It’s just time consuming. :confused:

I think armor unlocking is pretty easy. It takes time, but I’ve already unlocked quite a bit for only playing a couple months now, and I don’t even have my own Xbox :stuck_out_tongue:

> It is really annoying that the makers of halo 4 had to make unlocking armor so hard! First let’s talk about commendations. Some of them are almost impossible. Take Vanguard for example. It’s really hard to get the forerunner destroyer commendation(if you know what I mean). Second of all, they shouldn’t have made helmets like fotus. It’s not fair that if someone started playing halo 4 a lot later then they couldn’t unlock it.
>
> Are you feeling this way?

I agree 100% with you. This is the reason why so many people mod their armor. But based on my experience, nobody gives a YOINK about armor mods. Everybody keeps saying that its just armor and it doesnt matter because it doesnt effect gameplay. Well, they dont know that. The same person that is out there modding armor could be modding his actual play-style.

> Everybody keeps saying that its just armor and it doesnt matter because it doesnt effect gameplay. Well, they dont know that. The same person that is out there modding armor could be modding his actual play-style.

We do know that. Unless you can provide any evidence besides “well maybe he’s cheating” you don’t have any grounds for claiming armor mods lead to other forms of cheating.

> > Everybody keeps saying that its just armor and it doesnt matter because it doesnt effect gameplay. Well, they dont know that. The same person that is out there modding armor could be modding his actual play-style.
>
> We do know that. Unless you can provide any evidence besides “well maybe he’s cheating” you don’t have any grounds for claiming armor mods lead to other forms of cheating.

And where do you get off saying that I dont have a right to say this. I have experienced plenty of modders who do not stop at simple things like armor. CoD is just one example of this. Most people on there with modded rank have aimbots, mod menus, etc.

I would give up all the armor for better maps

> I would give up all the armor for better maps

lol, very true. Or they could at least get rid of the forged maps in MM. Most of them are horrible.

I’d be fine with it if it was actually hard.

It’s mostly just a MMO grind but slapped in halo though.

> I’d be fine with it if it was actually hard.
>
> It’s mostly just a MMO grind but slapped in halo though.

Except MMO grinding is actually LESS time consuming.

> > I’d be fine with it if it was actually hard.
> >
> > It’s mostly just a MMO grind but slapped in halo though.
>
> Except MMO grinding is actually LESS time consuming.

True haha.

> It is really annoying that the makers of halo 4 had to make unlocking armor so hard! First let’s talk about commendations. Some of them are almost impossible. Take Vanguard for example. It’s really hard to get the forerunner destroyer commendation(if you know what I mean). Second of all, they shouldn’t have made helmets like fotus. It’s not fair that if someone started playing halo 4 a lot later then they couldn’t unlock it.
>
> Are you feeling this way?

The Vanguard is hard to get, so is the Gungnir. However, it’s not like their impossible.

> > It is really annoying that the makers of halo 4 had to make unlocking armor so hard! First let’s talk about commendations. Some of them are almost impossible. Take Vanguard for example. It’s really hard to get the forerunner destroyer commendation(if you know what I mean). Second of all, they shouldn’t have made helmets like fotus. It’s not fair that if someone started playing halo 4 a lot later then they couldn’t unlock it.
> >
> > Are you feeling this way?
>
> The Vanguard is hard to get, so is the Gungnir. However, it’s not like their impossible.

Im on the last set of victories for Slayer, but I dont see myself spending the time to get 300 more wins. I have pretty much given up on Vanguard. I know you can get a skin for it by getting Flag Victor Master, but I hate that gametype.

> I’m fine with commendations unlocking armor. I am not fine with the absurdly high requirements for said commendations. 500 plasma pistol kills? F*ck that. It should be 50.

I had no problems mastering the PP, just play lots of Regicide and you’ll rack up those PP kills easily. I’ve also mastered Perfections, all Weapons, Slayer and CTF commendations; they just took a little time is all.