Why did 343 change halo's art style?

When 343 made halo 4 and 5 they changed at of stuff. The Covenant design, spartan armour, the BR, the Rocket launcher, forerunner design, marine design etc. It seems like they are just changing it for no reason. Why can’t they just respect the old design and not change everything

Like I said, they want to leave their mark on the famous Halo series. A mark no one will be able to wash off.

It looks too “robotic” to me.

343 wants to make Halo in the way of their own vision, which I do understand. Do I like everything? No, I do not. But there are many things which I do like.
I have most of the Halo artbooks, I do like what I’m seeing in there. 343 did a great job on Sangheili architecture for example. Other things that they did great was the more modern design of the Sangheili in Halo 2 Anniversary, but they were pretty faithful to the original Bungie designs.

The new Sangheili look nice, I like them. But I would prefer the Sangheili from Halo 2, or at least that most of the Sword of Sanghelios Sangheili look like that.
As for armor, 343 does make nice armor, there are many variants which I really like. There will always be armor that some people do not like and other people love. ( Only Seeker will forever remain behind, I hope )

But you shouldn’t forget, Bungie ended their Halo in the year 2552, now with Halo 5 we are in 2558 ( Correct me if I am mistaken ), so the factions like the UNSC have developed a lot of new tech thanks to reverse engineering Forerunner and Covenant tech. It’s logical that there are new weapons, or redesigns.
But I agree that the Marine armor looks off, I rather see that they wear armor like in Halo 2 or Halo Reach. Although I do like the design on the left. The middle is terrible in my opinion. Or this should be the standard armor for Marines.

As for the Forerunner design, I like the most of it. Many buildings look nice and the way they designed Didact before he mutated in what he is now looked nice in it’s own way. I’m excited to see more!

Because it was theirs to change. I like nearly all of the changes also.

Because anything that is good about old halo needs to be changed

> 2533274857577417;2:
> Like I said, they want to leave their mark on the famous Halo series. A mark no one will be able to wash off.

Pretty much this. They insist on having their way with everything no matter how much it hurts the game.

Because different art teams mean different Art designs, it’s that simple. Artists don’t like to copy others work hence the redesign.

343i =/= Bungie
That’s why. They had their own vision and they went with it.

I liked the original look and sounds WAY better

> 2535449665894532;7:
> > 2533274857577417;2:
> > Like I said, they want to leave their mark on the famous Halo series. A mark no one will be able to wash off.
>
> Pretty much this. They insist on having their way with everything no matter how much it hurts the game.

I like the new look and sounds WAY better

Because they arnt bungie. Loll that’s honestly it. Different minds different vision different art style lol. It’s like a movie franchise changing directors.

Doesnt “need” a explanation really

> 2533274857577417;2:
> Like I said, they want to leave their mark on the famous Halo series. A mark no one will be able to wash off.

THIS. But i must admit: i prefer the old style.

Hopefully with halo wars 2 we will see the return of some good old school style vehicles, species, structures etc…

I hope for halo 6 at this point, especially for armors (spartans and covenant species).

The art style kind of changed in every halo…

Probably the same reason Bungie changed certain things between games artistically: new technology, new visions, etc.

> 2535449665894532;7:
> > 2533274857577417;2:
> > Like I said, they want to leave their mark on the famous Halo series. A mark no one will be able to wash off.
>
>
> Pretty much this. They insist on having their way with everything no matter how much it hurts the game.

Most people would agree it’s silly to reinvent the wheel… I say it’s even sillier to reinvent it just to tell everyone “It’s our wheel now…”

> 2535414465670670;1:
> When 343 made halo 4 and 5 they changed at of stuff. The Covenant design, spartan armour, the BR, the Rocket launcher, forerunner design, marine design etc. It seems like they are just changing it for no reason. Why can’t they just respect the old design and not change everything

Pretty much yes, hate the general designs that they changed to. It’s weird how drastic things changed in design since 343i took over, the art style is worse than Bungie’s version.

I actually like the new style. It’s much more realistic.

> 2533274971565732;15:
> The art style kind of changed in every halo…

Not drastically