WHY DID 343 CATER TO THE MINORITY?

People act as if the majority of “halo” not reach players like “vanilla” reach. I feel as if a large portion of you act as though most people like the default settings. But, your statistics come from the people that still play the game. If you have stuck with reach this long obviously you like the original settings. Most of the players that despise what reach is and was are long gone. Also, the low population in the anniversary playlists isn’t reflective of anything. Nobody wants a few makeshift playlists with the better settings. It is a joke that the settings aren’t universal. I understand the fact ZB wouldn’t be added ( even though it is far superior to any other setup). But, why wouldn’t people like the 85% bloom with the other updated settings such as the melee. It doesn’t make sense to me. 343 that is good logic that you had. It is always good to segment an already segmented community. 343 you can’t make every single person happy. Do what is best for the game.

Yeah, we now have Vanilla Reach, Title Update Reach, Zero Bloom Reach, Classic Anniversary Reach, and MLG Reach. MLG is justified. Classic Anniversary is justified. The remainder of the Anniversary playlists aren’t. The TU needs to be implemented into the rest of matchmaking, and 343 needs to start looking at improving Reach for everyone as a whole and not split people up.

maybe they could fix the arena too. I just remember the days where the ranked playlists on past halo titles had extremely high populations. It is sad that the true competitive playlists are non existent. Next halo has to have a new rankings system. This system is awful. The player rating system is a nice feature but that should be a secondary ranking. The level system should make a comeback. The levels should just reset after a while. Derankers should get banned. If the level reset people don’t get tired of being at the same levels. Give prizes for each season too. I personally hate credit systems in games. I like earning rewards but achieving difficult things rather than having them handed to me for playing alot.

> Yeah, we now have Vanilla Reach, Title Update Reach, Zero Bloom Reach, Classic Anniversary Reach, and MLG Reach. MLG is justified. Classic Anniversary is justified. The remainder of the Anniversary playlists aren’t. The TU needs to be implemented into the rest of matchmaking, and 343 needs to start looking at improving Reach for everyone as a whole and not split people up.

This.

343 needs to also stop living in Bungies Shadow. Bungie made Halo Reach so that a majority of Halo fans left. 343 manages to somewhat restore the Halo feel to the game and has made an amazing TU.

When EPIC games made the TU6 for Gears 2 that changed the shotgun it wasn’t just in some playlists. It was an improvement on the game.

“Do whats best for the game” lol

Bungie was butt hurt about losing their flagship franchise and so they sabotaged it.

See kids, I can BS with the best of them.

> People act as if the majority of “halo” not reach players like “vanilla” reach. I feel as if a large portion of you act as though most people like the default settings. But, your statistics come from the people that still play the game. If you have stuck with reach this long obviously you like the original settings. Most of the players that despise what reach is and was are long gone. Also, the low population in the anniversary playlists isn’t reflective of anything. Nobody wants a few makeshift playlists with the better settings. It is a joke that the settings aren’t universal. I understand the fact ZB wouldn’t be added ( even though it is far superior to any other setup). But, why wouldn’t people like the 85% bloom with the other updated settings such as the melee. It doesn’t make sense to me. 343 that is good logic that you had. It is always good to segment an already segmented community. 343 you can’t make every single person happy. Do what is best for the game.

All credibility lost.

But anyways I do agree they should roll out all the regular TU settings across all playlists.

Bungie definitely feels like a sell out. You can tell they didn’t try I mean seriously, they made 3 awesome games (not including ODST and Wars) then they made this… this… ABOMINATION! I mean cmon! It is obvious they didn’t try! Now OP I agree with you, 343 is trying, and they are doing a wonderful job but they need to get the hardcore Halo fans back, not the Reach fans who jumped on board a year ago and wants to start calling things out that are “good” for the franchise.

Something to think about;
If you’re as hardcore or as good as you think you are, you are in the minority.
Listening to the majority would be listening to the average.
We have play-lists and game-types to specifically cater to the individual minorities. Core game-play, that is slightly influenced by us.

Bashing of other companies is against the rules.

[deleted]

> > I feel as if a large portion of you act as though most people like the default settings. But, your statistics come from the people that still play the game. If you have stuck with reach this long obviously you like the original settings. Most of the players that despise what reach is and was are long gone.
>
> Exactly. The last people 343 should try and gratify are people who don’t even play the game.

Because that’s how you gain more membership, by being even more exclusive and catering to ONLY the in. It works if you don’t think about it.

> People act as if the majority of “halo” not reach players like “vanilla” reach. I feel as if a large portion of you act as though most people like the default settings. But, your statistics come from the people that still play the game. If you have stuck with reach this long obviously you like the original settings. Most of the players that despise what reach is and was are long gone. Also, the low population in the anniversary playlists isn’t reflective of anything. Nobody wants a few makeshift playlists with the better settings. It is a joke that the settings aren’t universal. I understand the fact ZB wouldn’t be added ( even though it is far superior to any other setup). But, why wouldn’t people like the 85% bloom with the other updated settings such as the melee. It doesn’t make sense to me. 343 that is good logic that you had. It is always good to segment an already segmented community. 343 you can’t make every single person happy. Do what is best for the game.

What is this I don’t even…

> Something to think about;
> If you’re as hardcore or as good as you think you are, you are in the minority.
> Listening to the majority would be listening to the average.

The average make up the majority, if the average players were not here the “good hardcore” players would then become the default average, then who would they point their fingers at? Think about that.

> Bashing of other companies is against the rules.

Me and the others aren’t bashing them, we are just saying things that we simply see and believe. People bash treyarch and infinity ward over here all the time when they saying facts and nothing happens. Why should this be any different, ESPECIALLY when they royally screwed us over.

So according to this very thread, it’s safe to assume at least one of you has broken or sold Reach?

I haven’t broken my disc but every time I look at it I want to cry

> > Bashing of other companies is against the rules.
>
> Me and the others aren’t bashing them, we are just saying simple facts. People bash treyarch and infinity ward over here all the time when they saying facts and nothing happens. Why should this be any different, ESPECIALLY when they royally screwed us over.

It is bashing. Whether you think it is “facts” or not.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing companies as long as you aren’t out of line. It also helps if you explain why you think that way of the company. There is two sides to every argument. If you can’t handle an opinion that differs from yours, get off of forums. The purpose of forums is for debate.

> > > Bashing of other companies is against the rules.
> >
> > Me and the others aren’t bashing them, we are just saying simple facts. People bash treyarch and infinity ward over here all the time when they saying facts and nothing happens. Why should this be any different, ESPECIALLY when they royally screwed us over.
>
> It is bashing. Whether you think it is “facts” or not.

Alright I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, it was IN A WAY bashing. You can have your opinion I will have mine. But there are alot of people who agree with me both on these forums and on youtube just as alot of people agree with YOU on here and youtube. All I am saying is that you can OBVIOUSLY tell they didn’t try I mean cmon! Three awesome games then this game that lead to the demise of the once thriving community. You can’t go from good, GOOD, -Yoink- IN MY PANTS then to, HORRIBLE HALO IS DEAD TO ME. Basically what I am saying is that Bungie lost there franchise, they in turn killed it so their “flagship” (as some one else put it on here) can’t be revived. Do you get what I am saying from my point of view now? I wasn’t bashing them I was just saying what me AND OTHERS clearly saw. But as I said before I respect your opinion. Now please lets move on and have a good day.