Why CSR won't work

Iv’e made my rage thread on this, time to explain in detail why this system is flawed from the get-go. Also we have 3 months to get this across to 343i let’s not waste our time.

If you’re going to complain that I’m complaining and I should take what I’m going to get, this is what I have to say to you:
I’m going to give you a brand new Halo 4 limited edition xbox for free. However the disc tray will never open the controllers don’t work and the only games it can play is arcade titles. Take what you got don’t complain.

Reason 1: (THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ONE) GUESTS.

With guests roaming free, shooting their team, running in to die and most likely sitting there doing nothing, there will be nothing competitive about matchmaking. Imagine it’s 49-49 or whatever that translates into score-wise (590-590)The match will almost always end with somebodies guest rushing into enemy territory. If there is a ranking system of any kind there needs to be Ranked and social separation.

Reason 2: Join in session.

If join in the middle of a game and I’m down 30 kills and end up losing how will that factor into my 1-50 rank? Can we turn it off using a toggle? What about when a match starts 4 with 4 players on blue team and 3 on red team (I’ve seen this happen on the machinima live stream)? Join in session once again could be implemented in a social playlist and left out of ranked.

Reason 3: It’s not In-game visible.

With it being shown on waypoint and not in-game most people won’t care what rank they are. This would cause matches to be far less competitive than they could be. In halo 3 when you got to see your rank and the other teams ranks it would give you the incentive to try your best to up your own rank and show that 50 on the other team you mean business! I remember whenever I seen a 50 I would give it my all!

Reason 4: Who will even know it exists? (MINOR PROBLEM)

Not everyone knows waypoint exists, meaning they’ll never know ranks exist, and they won’t try as hard. Which would create non-competitive matches.

Fix: Make this one of those ads we see when the game is booted up.

Reason 5: Booting up a PC or mobile device

Let me remind you waypoint likes to work 75% of the time. The servers have always been sketchy and often cra…

I don’t mind doing this, however my gaming PC is right next to my xbox and my Iphone is in arms reach alot of the time.

What about the people with no mobiles? What about people with PC’s in the next room? They’re not going to want to boot up a PC in the next room to see a rank nobody gives two yoinks about. Once again this will cause the player to disregard that ranks exist causing matches that aren’t as competitive as they could be.

Mark my words CSR will be a slightly better BPR. It needs to improve.

> they just announced on the live MLG stream from lead multiplayer developer that CSR will have special playlists set apart for it.
> So our join in progress and guests issues sound like they will be resolved =)
>
> glad I was watching the stream to hear him say this =)

This is good news! We’ll have to wait and see how it works!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

:=|

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

You just can’t be happy, can you?

>

Thanks for telling me why you think CSR will work, oh wait.

I heard from 3 legged goat he was getting into matches at the end or midway of a game with no chance of winning. This will make your trueskill a lot worse then it would be if you have a chance to win the match from the start. Unless you are in a full party I doubt you will get to start all your games from the beginning.

I search solo a lot in Halo games and I can totally see the game shoving me in matches that will count as insta losses toward trueskill. It won’t be an accurate representation of skill at all.

Only your first two reasons are legit concerns and it’ll be interesting to see how 343i takes them into account.

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Alright, I’m really getting sick of this response. If you know what the thread is about then don’t click on it.

Save us from your predictable stupidity.

And he actually has some very relevant and useful ideas so that 343 is able to implement this correctly the first time, if you bothered to read it. Which I highly doubt you did.

>

These are all legitimate concerns.

Just be thankful you actually got a ranking system. Complaining is completely unnecessary.

It will work because it gets a good game out that wont crash from fatal system errors

> Just be thankful you actually got a ranking system. Complaining is completely unnecessary.

I’ll give you a free halo 4 xbox 360… But the disc tray won’t open and it will only play arcade games.

Will you be happy?

> Iv’e made my rage thread on this, time to explain in detail why this system is flawed from the get-go. Also we have 3 months to get this across to 343i let’s not waste our time.
>
> Reason 1: (THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ONE) GUESTS.
>
> With guests roaming free, shooting their team, running in to die and most likely sitting there doing nothing, there will be nothing competitive about matchmaking. Imagine it’s 49-49 or whatever that translates into score-wise (590-590)The match will almost always end with somebodies guest rushing into enemy territory. If there is a ranking system of any kind there needs to be Ranked and social separation.
>
> Reason 2: Join in session.
>
> If join in the middle of a game and I’m down 30 kills and end up losing how will that factor into my 1-50 rank? Can we turn it off using a toggle? What about when a match starts 4 with 4 players on blue team and 3 on red team (I’ve seen this happen on the machinima live stream)? Join in session once again could be implemented in a social playlist and left out of ranked.
>
> Reason 3: It’s not In-game visible.
>
> With it being shown on waypoint and not in-game most people won’t care what rank they are. This would cause matches to be far less competitive than they could be. In halo 3 when you got to see your rank and the other teams ranks it would give you the incentive to try your best to up your own rank and show that 50 on the other team you mean business! I remember whenever I seen a 50 I would give it my all!
>
> Reason 4: Who will even know it exists? (MINOR PROBLEM)
>
> Not everyone knows waypoint exists, meaning they’ll never know ranks exist, and they won’t try as hard. Which would create non-competitive matches.
>
> Fix: Make this one of those ads we see when the game is booted up.
>
> Reason 5: Booting up a PC or mobile device
>
> I don’t mind doing this, however my gaming PC is right next to my xbox and my Iphone is in arms reach alot of the time.
>
> What about the people with no mobiles? What about people with PC’s in the next room? They’re not going to want to boot up a PC in the next room to see a rank nobody gives two yoinks about. Once again this will cause the player to disregard that ranks exist causing matches that aren’t as competitive as they could be.
>
> Mark my words CSR will be a slightly better BPR. It needs to improve.

1. I’ve seen good guests and bad guests, good players and bad players.

2. It’s your PERSONAL performance. Why does it matter when you join? Just do well for yourself and your rank will reflect it. W/L isn’t the only criteria judged in CSR.

3)I don’t give a -Yoink- about my rank if it’s visible or not. I’m still gonna try my hardest to win each and every game.

4)No one cares.

1. We’re in the 21st century.

> > Iv’e made my rage thread on this, time to explain in detail why this system is flawed from the get-go. Also we have 3 months to get this across to 343i let’s not waste our time.
> >
> > Reason 1: (THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ONE) GUESTS.
> >
> > With guests roaming free, shooting their team, running in to die and most likely sitting there doing nothing, there will be nothing competitive about matchmaking. Imagine it’s 49-49 or whatever that translates into score-wise (590-590)The match will almost always end with somebodies guest rushing into enemy territory. If there is a ranking system of any kind there needs to be Ranked and social separation.
> >
> > Reason 2: Join in session.
> >
> > If join in the middle of a game and I’m down 30 kills and end up losing how will that factor into my 1-50 rank? Can we turn it off using a toggle? What about when a match starts 4 with 4 players on blue team and 3 on red team (I’ve seen this happen on the machinima live stream)? Join in session once again could be implemented in a social playlist and left out of ranked.
> >
> > Reason 3: It’s not In-game visible.
> >
> > With it being shown on waypoint and not in-game most people won’t care what rank they are. This would cause matches to be far less competitive than they could be. In halo 3 when you got to see your rank and the other teams ranks it would give you the incentive to try your best to up your own rank and show that 50 on the other team you mean business! I remember whenever I seen a 50 I would give it my all!
> >
> > Reason 4: Who will even know it exists? (MINOR PROBLEM)
> >
> > Not everyone knows waypoint exists, meaning they’ll never know ranks exist, and they won’t try as hard. Which would create non-competitive matches.
> >
> > Fix: Make this one of those ads we see when the game is booted up.
> >
> > Reason 5: Booting up a PC or mobile device
> >
> > I don’t mind doing this, however my gaming PC is right next to my xbox and my Iphone is in arms reach alot of the time.
> >
> > What about the people with no mobiles? What about people with PC’s in the next room? They’re not going to want to boot up a PC in the next room to see a rank nobody gives two yoinks about. Once again this will cause the player to disregard that ranks exist causing matches that aren’t as competitive as they could be.
> >
> > Mark my words CSR will be a slightly better BPR. It needs to improve.
>
> 1) I’ve seen good guests and bad guests, good players and bad players.
>
> 2) It’s your PERSONAL performance. Why does it matter when you join? Just do well for yourself and your rank will reflect it. W/L isn’t the only criteria judged in CSR.
>
> 3)I don’t give a Yoink! about my rank if it’s visible or not. I’m still gonna try my hardest to win each and every game.
>
> 4)No one cares.
>
> 5) We’re in the 21st century.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

You do know that your post pretty much stamps a 12 y/o sticker onto your head right? Oh wait, you probably don’t know, because you’re 12. Please leave…

> I heard from 3 legged goat he was getting into matches at the end or midway of a game with no chance of winning. This will make your trueskill a lot worse then it would be if you have a chance to win the match from the start. Unless you are in a full party I doubt you will get to start all your games from the beginning.
>
> I search solo a lot in Halo games and I can totally see the game shoving me in matches that will count as insta losses toward trueskill. It won’t be an accurate representation of skill at all.

Impossible if you’re playing for that number. You can tell the search engine to not join in progress.

> > Iv’e made my rage thread on this, time to explain in detail why this system is flawed from the get-go. Also we have 3 months to get this across to 343i let’s not waste our time.
> >
> > Reason 1: (THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ONE) GUESTS.
> >
> > With guests roaming free, shooting their team, running in to die and most likely sitting there doing nothing, there will be nothing competitive about matchmaking. Imagine it’s 49-49 or whatever that translates into score-wise (590-590)The match will almost always end with somebodies guest rushing into enemy territory. If there is a ranking system of any kind there needs to be Ranked and social separation.
> >
> > Reason 2: Join in session.
> >
> > If join in the middle of a game and I’m down 30 kills and end up losing how will that factor into my 1-50 rank? Can we turn it off using a toggle? What about when a match starts 4 with 4 players on blue team and 3 on red team (I’ve seen this happen on the machinima live stream)? Join in session once again could be implemented in a social playlist and left out of ranked.
> >
> > Reason 3: It’s not In-game visible.
> >
> > With it being shown on waypoint and not in-game most people won’t care what rank they are. This would cause matches to be far less competitive than they could be. In halo 3 when you got to see your rank and the other teams ranks it would give you the incentive to try your best to up your own rank and show that 50 on the other team you mean business! I remember whenever I seen a 50 I would give it my all!
> >
> > Reason 4: Who will even know it exists? (MINOR PROBLEM)
> >
> > Not everyone knows waypoint exists, meaning they’ll never know ranks exist, and they won’t try as hard. Which would create non-competitive matches.
> >
> > Fix: Make this one of those ads we see when the game is booted up.
> >
> > Reason 5: Booting up a PC or mobile device
> >
> > I don’t mind doing this, however my gaming PC is right next to my xbox and my Iphone is in arms reach alot of the time.
> >
> > What about the people with no mobiles? What about people with PC’s in the next room? They’re not going to want to boot up a PC in the next room to see a rank nobody gives two yoinks about. Once again this will cause the player to disregard that ranks exist causing matches that aren’t as competitive as they could be.
> >
> > Mark my words CSR will be a slightly better BPR. It needs to improve.
>
> 1) I’ve seen good guests and bad guests, good players and bad players.
>
> 2) It’s your PERSONAL performance. Why does it matter when you join? Just do well for yourself and your rank will reflect it. W/L isn’t the only criteria judged in CSR.
>
> 3)I don’t give a Yoink! about my rank if it’s visible or not. I’m still gonna try my hardest to win each and every game.
>
> 4)No one cares.
>
> 5) We’re in the 21st century.

Thanks for actual feedback! You’re the first I’ve seen do so!

Perfectly legitimate concerns and I generally agree with them. Without things like in-game visibility and actual competitive ‘ranked’ playlists I honestly feel CSR will just go the same way as BPR.

Fortunately 343 are still developing it and with any luck the concerns we raise will help them shape the system and its implementation over the next few months.

It’s very disappointing to see so many people accuse those that have issues with the initial CSR proposal of never being satisfied, though. It just showcases how little these people have been attempting to comprehend and understand the arguments people have been making for playlists with visible skill ranking for the past few months.

Why are people being a -Yoink- to this guy?

IHope they just make ranked playlists,With no join in session progress,No guests etc.Simple.
At least some playlists,Also frankie said they could make it visible in-game with a update.

Hope they work on this

more then half of the people who play ranked has never heard of this site. so to them they will still have nothing. i dont get it at least make it visible to the to your self. i would be more then happy if i got to see it and others didn’t. would it be cool if they did? ye but thats not going to happen anymore so at least make it visible to me

Some very valid points are raised here. I have no idea how rank and join in progress will ever work together. If ranked and social were separate then this problem could be easily solved by making competitive matches non-joinable and punishing quitters.

Non-visible ranking is annoying but real skill matching is good so think of it as a glass half full.

As for guests I don’t really care

> Just be thankful you actually got a ranking system. Complaining is completely unnecessary.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

Lets not complain about our economy either… Lets just let our presidents throw it down the drain too. Its ok. Nothing to complain about…