Why CSR needs to be in-game

It’s not fun if we don’t see it go up and down in real-time after playing.

Do you really expect us to have a computer set-up right next to us just to refresh our browsers after every match? That’s hardly sounds fun. It’s not about the ranking system, it’s about the fun of seeing it go up and down after every match and that gambling feeling whether or not you should keep playing and try to gain another level or risk losing it by going in again. It’s just not the same if it’s not in the game.

People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.

Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.

Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.

You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.

Are. You. Serious.

> People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
>
> Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
>
> Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
>
> You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
>
> Are. You. Serious.

We asked for a ranking system in the game, you know? as a game feature? Not a waypoint feature, this doesn’t solve much, but it’s a start.

> > People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
> >
> > Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
> >
> > Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
> >
> > You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
> >
> > Are. You. Serious.
>
> We asked for a ranking system in the game, you know? as a game feature? Not a waypoint feature, this doesn’t solve much, but it’s a start.

People who are concerned with rank also browse these forums and Halo waypoint regularly. With the smartglass intergration its going to much much easier to each others rank with a touch of a button. So there is no problem with what 343 is doing, you guys are complaining just for the sake of complaining…

> > > People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
> > >
> > > Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
> > >
> > > Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
> > >
> > > You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
> > >
> > > Are. You. Serious.
> >
> > We asked for a ranking system in the game, you know? as a game feature? Not a waypoint feature, this doesn’t solve much, but it’s a start.
>
> People who are concerned with rank also browse these forums and Halo waypoint regularly. With the smartglass intergration its going to much much easier to each others rank with a touch of a button. So there is no problem with what 343 is doing, you guys are complaining just for the sake of complaining…

I don’t have a smart-phone or a tablet, many people don’t so that isn’t really an argument.

Also another point is we want to see the levels of the players on our team and other team (in the prematch screen, idc if rank is visible outside of playlist lobby). It’s pretty ridiculous that we’d have to go look up everyones gamertags before the match start don’t you think? That’s also assuming they allow you to even look at anyone elses besides yourself on waypoint, which is another reason it needs to be in-game in the pregame lobby countdown before the match starts.

Unbelievable… but yet believable… :=|

Frank said on Neogaf that its a realistic possibility to make the ranks visible in game post launch or when the system is fully developed and ready to be implemented.

> > > > People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
> > > >
> > > > Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
> > > >
> > > > Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
> > > >
> > > > You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
> > > >
> > > > Are. You. Serious.
> > >
> > > We asked for a ranking system in the game, you know? as a game feature? Not a waypoint feature, this doesn’t solve much, but it’s a start.
> >
> > People who are concerned with rank also browse these forums and Halo waypoint regularly. With the smartglass intergration its going to much much easier to each others rank with a touch of a button. So there is no problem with what 343 is doing, you guys are complaining just for the sake of complaining…
>
> I don’t have a smart-phone or a tablet, many people don’t so that isn’t really an argument.
>
> Also another point is we want to see the levels of the players on our team and other team (in the prematch screen, idc if rank is visible outside of playlist lobby). It’s pretty ridiculous that we’d have to go look up everyones gamertags before the match start don’t you think? That’s also assuming they allow you to even look at anyone elses besides yourself on waypoint, which is another reason it needs to be in-game in the pregame lobby countdown before the match starts.

How are you browsing these forums then? You have something that can access waypoint at anytime. Who knows how the new Waypoint update will do. Maybe we will be able to see live updates of our current matches… BTW smartglass is on the PC aswell so my argument is still valid

It’s defintly progress on 343 behalf. This whole community, including myself was freaking out. Does it deserve to be in-game? Yes! Am I happy in the meantime I can look up my rank? Absolutely.

343 must listen to this community and it seems they finally have. We’re the ones buying the Halo consoles, the Limited Edition games, the map packs, the Dew XP, using waypoint and of course, these forums. We spread the games popularity through word of mouth, friends, family, colleagues, therefore we should be treated as valuable as the game itself, we are customers after all.

> > > > > People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
> > > > >
> > > > > Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
> > > > >
> > > > > Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
> > > > >
> > > > > You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
> > > > >
> > > > > Are. You. Serious.
> > > >
> > > > We asked for a ranking system in the game, you know? as a game feature? Not a waypoint feature, this doesn’t solve much, but it’s a start.
> > >
> > > People who are concerned with rank also browse these forums and Halo waypoint regularly. With the smartglass intergration its going to much much easier to each others rank with a touch of a button. So there is no problem with what 343 is doing, you guys are complaining just for the sake of complaining…
> >
> > I don’t have a smart-phone or a tablet, many people don’t so that isn’t really an argument.
> >
> > Also another point is we want to see the levels of the players on our team and other team (in the prematch screen, idc if rank is visible outside of playlist lobby). It’s pretty ridiculous that we’d have to go look up everyones gamertags before the match start don’t you think? That’s also assuming they allow you to even look at anyone elses besides yourself on waypoint, which is another reason it needs to be in-game in the pregame lobby countdown before the match starts.
>
> How are you browsing these forums then? You have something that can access waypoint at anytime. Who knows how the new Waypoint update will do. Maybe we will be able to see live updates of our current matches… BTW smartglass is on the PC aswell so my argument is still valid

What about people who want a ranking system that don’t have computers to use? I know I’ve been computerless or my computer has broken before and would’ve been unable to check (mostly applies to children/teens). Also what about people who have desktops in other rooms across the house? It’s unrealistic for them to go write down everyones gamertags and check their rank before the match or have to go there everytime just to see their rank when their trying to play or have to go dashboard to load the app on xbox everytime.

It needs to be in-game so its accessible to EVERYONE easily where they don’t have to go out of there just to see it.

> It’s not fun if we don’t see it go up and down in real-time after playing.
>
> Do you really expect us to have a computer set-up right next to us just to refresh our browsers after every match? That’s hardly sounds fun. It’s not about the ranking system, it’s about the fun of seeing it go up and down after every match and that gambling feeling whether or not you should keep playing and try to gain another level or risk losing it by going in again. It’s just not the same if it’s not in the game.

I completely agree, but honestly. I think we should just quit while we are ahead.

A visual in game or in hopper representation number of our CSR skill is most definitely needed. I will quiet down for 3 weeks but if they still havent relased some more info on this I will start forming my demands again =P but awesome step in the right direction 343. Just make it visible in game !!! for all the reasons stated above.

The only people who care about it in game, are boosters that want to show off stats they didn’t earn. Good luck boosting your K/D as it only shows your Slayer K/D now btw. No more sitting in objective games and spawn killing :slight_smile:

Just load up waypoint on your phone before every match and check everyone’s true skill, problem solved.

CRS in game would be great. Why not? Really, why not?

Er, Halo Waypoint is integrated into Halo 4, even more than it was into Halo Reach. You don’t need a computer sitting around; a few button presses and you’ve booted up Waypoint to check out that one guy’s stats and rank. Oh wow, that guy who just played really well is in reality a mere private? Zoinks.

> People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
>
> Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
>
> Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
>
> You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
>
> Are. You. Serious.

Actually, all we asked for was a visible ranking system in-game. And so far, we’ve gotten just a ranking system. Mind you two of the three Halo games(that have had LIVE) have had this. We are not asking to move mountains, we are asking for HALO. Ahem.

> The only people who care about it in game, are boosters that want to show off stats they didn’t earn. Good luck boosting your K/D as it only shows your Slayer K/D now btw. No more sitting in objective games and spawn killing :slight_smile:

While I think this is an exaggeration, I don’t think it’s that far off the mark. If you know you’re good and you have fun playing the game, that’s enough. I think it’s shallow that some people want others to see how good they are or how bad others are.

The biggest reason that I don’t like visible ranks is because it causes people to play objective games incorrectly, and it kills the fun. Truly good players can be good and play games properly, but the majority of players chasing a shiny icon aren’t that good and they play games improperly to keep at it.

> > People were first complaining about no ranking system. 343 announces a ranking system will be in Halo 4 and it will be similar to Halo 3.
> >
> > Then people started to complain about it not being visible. 343 now announces it will be visible.
> >
> > Now people are complaining it doesn’t solve a thing since it’s not in-game and via Waypoint.
> >
> > You asked for ranking, you got it. You asked for it to be visible, you got it.
> >
> > Are. You. Serious.
>
> Actually, all we asked for was a visible ranking system in-game. And so far, we’ve gotten just a ranking system. Mind you two of the three Halo games(that have had LIVE) have had this. We are not asking to move mountains, we are asking for HALO. Ahem.

I bet that when you complained about no ranking system in H4, you didn’t exactly say “visible ranking system in-game.” I strongly doubt it.

> > The only people who care about it in game, are boosters that want to show off stats they didn’t earn. Good luck boosting your K/D as it only shows your Slayer K/D now btw. No more sitting in objective games and spawn killing :slight_smile:
>
> While I think this is an exaggeration, I don’t think it’s that far off the mark. If you know you’re good and you have fun playing the game, that’s enough. I think it’s shallow that some people want others to see how good they are or how bad others are.
>
>
> The biggest reason that I don’t like visible ranks is because it causes people to play objective games incorrectly, and it kills the fun. Truly good players can be good and play games properly, but the majority of players chasing a shiny icon aren’t that good and they play games improperly to keep at it.

How could it make people play objective games incorrectly, if the winning team gets ranked up, and the losing team gets ranked down?