Why couldn't the armory be more detailed?

Don’t get me wrong the whole, "customize your own spartan was a great idea for REACH but I just want to know why it couldn’t be more detailed…

any one else think the same?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

I thought at first you meant like more armour and stuff, but after seeing this, I gotta say, I’m impressed! Some of them look pretty incredible, especially choosing the left and right attachment for your helmet. This should be in Halo 4!

However, this will probably get locked for discussing modded content.

:confused:

I actually kinda agree on that.

I agree as well but I assume it was prob due to budget restrictions. That would have taken a lot more disc space since it would have meant making about another million helmet combinations built into the game.

Im no expert on coding but that would be my guess. Leading up to Reach’s release I heard Bungie talk a lot about budget restrictions, budget referring to “computing” budget, not real world money.

> I agree as well but I assume it was prob due to budget restrictions. That would have taken a lot more disc space since it would have meant making about another million helmet combinations built into the game.
>
> Im no expert on coding but that would be my guess. Leading up to Reach’s release I heard Bungie talk a lot about budget restrictions, budget referring to “computing” budget, not real world money.

If I could do it, why couldn’t Bungie?
It doesn’t take any “budget” to change between existing variants within the spartan model.

> > I agree as well but I assume it was prob due to budget restrictions. That would have taken a lot more disc space since it would have meant making about another million helmet combinations built into the game.
> >
> > Im no expert on coding but that would be my guess. Leading up to Reach’s release I heard Bungie talk a lot about budget restrictions, budget referring to “computing” budget, not real world money.
>
> If I could do it, why couldn’t Bungie?
> It doesn’t take any “budget” to change between existing variants within the spartan model.

It would be the UI changes required inside the armoury, with the reply to the 1-50 requests for Reach resulting in a no due to them not having the resources for UI changes, the same would fall here.

For Halo 4, I hope.

> It would be the UI changes required inside the armoury, with the reply to the 1-50 requests for Reach resulting in a no due to them not having the resources for UI changes, the same would fall here.
>
> For Halo 4, I hope.

Well obviously they cannot be put in now, the game isn’t setup that way in the slightest.

What I’m saying is that nothing was stopping Bungie from potentially setting this up during development and that its implementation wouldn’t affect anything. (In reply Darknessssssss’ post in which he claims there is some magical “budget” that wouldn’t have allowed such customization to happen.)