Why cortana might not die

Well I’ve made a few assumptions with other people that Cortana may die in the new series since there lifespan is only 5-7 years (AI’s)

Ok, I just beat Reach campaign again with friends & noticed the last scene when Cortana is talking is in 2589

Halo 4 through Halo 6 will probably take time through 2553 - 2555

So cortana won’t die, she will somehow live longer then a normal AI

case closed :smiley:

Or someone made a copy,

Or she gets here data banks wiped or reset.

There are options,

Considering Cortana did not have any lines throughout the game, I assumed that was Dr. Halsey talking at the end. Sure the pick is taken in 258X but I thought Dr. Halsey was just making a speech about the future and the picture went with it. I still think that, if you ask me Cortana didn’t have a single line in the game.

That was Dr. Halsey talking at the end of Halo: Reach. She is who Cortana’s personality and appearance are based on.

> Well I’ve made a few assumptions with other people that Cortana may die in the new series since there lifespan is only 5-7 years (AI’s)
>
> Ok, I just beat Reach campaign again with friends & noticed the last scene when Cortana is talking is in 2589
>
> Halo 4 through Halo 6 will probably take time through 2553 - 2555
>
>
> So cortana won’t die, she will somehow live longer then a normal AI
>
>
> case closed :smiley:

Sorry, but that narration at the end of Reach is a non-canon appearance of Halsey, not Cortana.

Halo 4 will also begin sometime around or after 2556.

IMO (and I’m going to get flamed so hard for this), I couldn’t care less if Cortana died. Her annoying interruptions in Halo 3 and “I’m so much better than you despite the fact that I’m defenseless and can’t do anything without help” attitude in CE did her no favors in my books.

> IMO (and I’m going to get flamed so hard for this), I couldn’t care less if Cortana died. Her annoying interruptions in Halo 3 and “I’m so much better than you despite the fact that I’m defenseless and can’t do anything without help” attitude in CE did her no favors in my books.

I couldn’t care less either, not because of what you said, just because im just generally meh about her. Quickly! hide in here with me!

If you have seen the Halo: Legends DVD, there is a short about Cortana and you can tell she is going a little “loopy.” In the special features DVD they mention that all the stories are canon but one, the joke short with the dinosaurs and DBZ creator on board. So if this can be considered valid, she should be unstable at the beginning of Halo 4.

I’m not so sure she’ll die… As far as I know, from reading the books, an A.I. doesn’t ‘die’ after 7 years, that’s just their average span of time before they go rampant, not die per se. Eventually she would, but not in the 7 year span. She’s definitely going to go rampant in Halo 4,5 or 6 I think, and 343 will most likely make a large point of that in the story.

> Well I’ve made a few assumptions with other people that Cortana may die in the new series since there lifespan is only 5-7 years (AI’s)
>
> Ok, <mark>I just beat Reach campaign again with friends & noticed the last scene when Cortana is talking is in 2589</mark>
>
> Halo 4 through Halo 6 will probably take time through 2553 - 2555
>
>
> So cortana won’t die, she will somehow live longer then a normal AI
>
>
> case closed :smiley:

That was Halsey :confused:

I’ll bet dollars to donuts that if there are Forerunners in Halo 4-6, Cortana will be given a human body, Pinnochio-style.

She’ll basically be a Hugarok/human hybrid thing. And it won’t matter since John is a 400 pound slab of sterile muscle.

But at least they’ll be together. sigh

I wouldn’t say she would die, though she could go a tad rampant. If that planet in the teaser trailer for Halo 4 was Onyx and Dr. Halsey is on it, she could probably fix up Cortana. I don’t know, from being alone for about a year or two while the Master Chief was in Cryo, may have made her a tad wacky, counting the number of years or searching through her memory over and over. Its possible that if she is wacky, seeing John and other friendlies, it could bring her back to her senses. Just my assumption. I hope she doesn’t die, though others seem to disagree.

> I wouldn’t say she would die, though she could go a tad rampant. If that planet in the teaser trailer for Halo 4 was Onyx and Dr. Halsey is on it, she could probably fix up Cortana. I don’t know, from being alone for about a year or two while the Master Chief was in Cryo, may have made her a tad wacky, counting the number of years or searching through her memory over and over. Its possible that if she is wacky, seeing John and other friendlies, it could bring her back to her senses. Just my assumption. I hope she doesn’t die, though others seem to disagree.

The planet in the trailer is Sigma 7.

> I wouldn’t say she would die, though she could go a tad rampant. If that planet in the teaser trailer for Halo 4 was Onyx and Dr. Halsey is on it, she could probably fix up Cortana.

You haven’t read Glasslands, have you?

> I don’t know, from being alone for about a year or two while the Master Chief was in Cryo, may have made her a tad wacky, counting the number of years or searching through her memory over and over. Its possible that if she is wacky, seeing John and other friendlies, it could bring her back to her senses. Just my assumption. I hope she doesn’t die, though others seem to disagree.

Well we know that she’s been there alone for at least 4 years since Origins is in 2556, so she’ll definitely be wacky. However, I don’t think any human (asides from Halsey if she got to explore those advances in AI tech using slipspace as she was planning) could really do much to help her.

Waitwaitwait. From my deductions and what people are posting, AIs go crazy when they get too old. So if Cortana was already crazy (and she is), wouldn’t she turn normal?

> Waitwaitwait. From my deductions and what people are posting, AIs go crazy when they get too old. So if Cortana was already crazy (and she is), wouldn’t she turn normal?

Yes,it’s called metastability,where an AI develops a fully human personality.,or something like that. Its what happened with Mendicant Bias and why he helped the MC during the last campaign mission of H3.

woops double post.

cortana won’t die in halo 4. the end.

> > IMO (and I’m going to get flamed so hard for this), I couldn’t care less if Cortana died. Her annoying interruptions in Halo 3 and “I’m so much better than you despite the fact that I’m defenseless and can’t do anything without help” attitude in CE did her no favors in my books.
>
> I couldn’t care less either, not because of what you said, just because im just generally meh about her. Quickly! hide in here with me!

I think Halo 3 mishandled the use of the Arbiter and the use of Cortana after Halo 2. Having her quips heard throughout the game was something I personally missed( and The Arbiter was an amazing character) but after Halo 2, I’m not sure how else Bungie could have done it.

That is Halsey speaking at the end