Why continue to limit the weapon pallete?

I have one question: Is it STILL 2001? Are we still using the Xbox? Games come out that offer MIND BLOWING content. Thousands of objects. Games are bigger, and better.

So why limit what a player can do anymore?

What’s the point of removing weapons from old games, when you could easily just incorporate them all? When Halo 4 comes out, I think we all want to see the BR, DMR, Carbine, NR, and maybe a few more “Similar but different” Utility Weapons to choose from. All with a very similar kill time but slightly different functionality to one another.

Maybe the NR and DMR are more accurate than the BR and Carbine. But the BR and Carbine have faster kill times right up close. Who knows?

Why not just HAVE the Chopper, Revenant, Ghost, Spectre, Prowler etc. All in one game. Just make the Prowler’s turret different from the Spectres. Have the Hornet and the Falcon. Hornet allows passengers, with guns for the Pilot, Falcon has turrets, pilot can’t shoot. They are different. Let them coincide.

And PLEASE make every weapon feel like you can use it. When they announced no more D/W I was happy to hear the Halo CE Plasma Rifle could be coming back. But the Plasma Rifle and Spiker STILL PLAY LIKE DW weapons. You just can’t DW them anymore.

Figure out a way to make everything work.

lol, so you want all the weapons and more of previous Halo’s, but all perfectly balanced with each other.

Good luck with that 343i, bungie had a hard enough time balancing their “limited” sandbox, hopefully you can handle hundreds of elements.

Im with ya! It would be fun to have some type of carbine weapons. But it would be hard to balance 'em though.

> lol, so you want all the weapons and more of previous Halo’s, but all perfectly balanced with each other.
>
> Good luck with that 343i, bungie had a hard enough time balancing their “limited” sandbox, hopefully you can handle hundreds of elements.

Not necessarily all balanced with eachother. The only weapons that really REQUIRE balance are precision weapons. DMR, NR, BR, Carbine. They should all balance so that personal preference dictates choice. Other “non power” weapons don’t matter as much, just so long as they all feel different and useful provided the players in question aren’t skilled enough to use precision weapons to their fullest potential.

Then Power Weapons should speak for themselves. And vehicles should be balanced to co-relate with each other, and power weapons.

2 Words: balanced sandbox.

> > lol, so you want all the weapons and more of previous Halo’s, but all perfectly balanced with each other.
> >
> > Good luck with that 343i, bungie had a hard enough time balancing their “limited” sandbox, hopefully you can handle hundreds of elements.
>
> Not necessarily all balanced with eachother. The only weapons that really REQUIRE balance are precision weapons. DMR, NR, BR, Carbine. They should all balance so that personal preference dictates choice. Other “non power” weapons don’t matter as much, just so long as they all feel different and useful provided the players in question aren’t skilled enough to use precision weapons to their fullest potential.
>
> Then Power Weapons should speak for themselves. And vehicles should be balanced to co-relate with each other, and power weapons.

I mean, that would be fine and all, but whats the point. When you get right down to it all those precision weapons would be accomplishing the same task, especially if they are perfectly balanced. Being able to choose a single shot carbine over a 3 round burst BR just because you prefer it doesn’t seem worth the balancing effort.

> lol, so you want all the weapons and more of previous Halo’s, but all perfectly balanced with each other.
>
> Good luck with that 343i, bungie had a hard enough time balancing their “limited” sandbox, hopefully you can handle hundreds of elements.

Lol, this.

You say you want multiple utilitarian weapons? You know that phrase in itself is an oxymoron? As stated before, this creates extreme redundancy. We don’t need more useless weapons. We need guns that each have a niche of their own (Minus the one utilitarian gun), which keeps the gameplay fresh and interesting. I do agree that we need more weapons. Bungie did it right when they had the idea for the Plasma Launcher. They were thinking outside of the box (And had it perfect for the beta, but then decided to break it).

I don’t see why we should have 42 automatic rifles that all do the same thing.

Why have weapons and vehicles that aren’t relative the the game’s sandbox?

If there are no (ex-)Covenant species in Halo 4, what’s the point of having Covenant weapons and vehicles in Halo 4? It just doesn’t make sense and takes away from weapons and vehicles that actually fit into the sandbox of the game.

I think it’s safe to say that MC won’t have a slew of UNSC weapons in Halo 4 to chose from, either, it’ll probably be more Forerunner or whatever the “ancient enemy” uses.

No.

The real question is why should the developers waste precious time trying to incorporate EVERYTHING when they could make what is already there or what will compliment the game better?

It’s not as simple as just “adding it in”. I learned from Bungie’s actions to not ask for every freakin thing. I mean, they said they focused so much time on other things that they couldn’t spend the time on parties for Theater, etc.

> Why have weapons and vehicles that aren’t relative the the game’s sandbox?

Why deny that which is incredibly fun (with respect to the chopper) simply because it doesn’t fit into the campaign’s story line? Isn’t the fact that hordes of spartans are dying over flags and arbitrary kill counters enough for you to consider that we don’t necessarily need the game to make sense?

However, to the greater thread this isn’t a point in favor of “add everything.” Rather, it’s a point for a new perspective on multiplayer, one which is mindful of balance and fun on it’s own terms before considering (if ever) continuity with the campaign.

Not all of them though . But enough of them

no, just no.

I want to see all of the old favorites return, and I wanna see new ones. Remember, according to the canon, there are seven variants of our beloved MA5 Series Assault Rifles, each witha different calibur, stopping power, rate of fire, and reload speed. There are at least 8 variants of the magnum.

> > lol, so you want all the weapons and more of previous Halo’s, but all perfectly balanced with each other.
> >
> > Good luck with that 343i, bungie had a hard enough time balancing their “limited” sandbox, hopefully you can handle hundreds of elements.
>
> Lol, this.
>
> You say you want multiple utilitarian weapons? You know that phrase in itself is an oxymoron? As stated before, this creates extreme redundancy. We don’t need more useless weapons. We need guns that each have a niche of their own (Minus the one utilitarian gun), which keeps the gameplay fresh and interesting. I do agree that we need more weapons. Bungie did it right when they had the idea for the Plasma Launcher. They were thinking outside of the box (And had it perfect for the beta, but then decided to break it).
>
> I don’t see why we should have 42 automatic rifles that all do the same thing.

There would only be seven automatic rifles, because that is the canonically correct amount of rifles in the MA# series. Only put the older weapons in a sandbox mode, for Machinima purposes if nothing else.

It’s called Forge: who cares about a balanced Sandbox in Forge and Custom Games? Make every weapon and vehicle available in Forge and Customs. :slight_smile:

I always wanted to see the Halo 2/3 pistols as dual wieldable and the scoped pistol as weapon that could only be used on it’s own. A similar relationship with the plasma rifles and plasma repeater would be cool but the PR needs a lot of work.