Why complain about Radar

I keep seeing people all over the forums complain about radar. I really don’t understand this lol. Less radar means more skill and actual map awareness rather than relying on a mini map to see where people are at. You can also hear people coming with a nice headset so you don’t need radar. I don’t get all the complaints honestly as I love it.

I mean I don’t find it hard to find people, but i do wish the radar range was extended, but I’m currently okay with it. LOL.

The radar at 18m is LITERALLY the effective range of an AR. So if you aren’t constantly spinning 360s, you’re going to be killed by an AR.

It needs to be bumped back to 25m as it is in Warzone.

> 2533274807544947;3:
> The radar at 18m is LITERALLY the effective range of an AR. So if you aren’t constantly spinning 360s, you’re going to be killed by an AR.
>
> It needs to be bumped back to 25m as it is in Warzone.

It’s 40m in Warzone. I do agree the range should be put up to 25m or maybe even 30m. I’m sick and tired of being Spartan Charged without any chance to retaliate.

> 2533274846345884;4:
> > 2533274807544947;3:
> > The radar at 18m is LITERALLY the effective range of an AR. So if you aren’t constantly spinning 360s, you’re going to be killed by an AR.
> >
> > It needs to be bumped back to 25m as it is in Warzone.
>
>
> It’s 40m in Warzone. I do agree the range should be put up to 25m or maybe even 30m. I’m sick and tired of being Spartan Charged without any chance to retaliate.

Nope; it’s only 25m in Warzone. The only place I’ve seen 40m is when playing as Tanaka.

The problem with having a radar that only goes 18m if that it becomes redundant. If you can actually see someone next to you before they pop up on you radar, then what is the point? IMO they either need to put radar back at 20+ meters or remove it entirely, because as it is now it barely serves it purpose. I’m honestly indifferent either way.

I didn’t have any issue’s with the radar’s range…I agree more skill is need, rather than just staring at the radar

Why? Because the Motion Tracker in Halo 5 is trash.

It is too small. People are on top of you without any warning and with the addition of new “Spartan boost forward instakill” upgrade even a few metres more on the motion sensor would at least give some chance to counter. I’d like 25 metres but at this stage I’d settle for 20-22m.

I prefer no radar, so this issue is not on my complaint list.

One thing I thought of though, to compromise this space, was extending the radar range if people are sprinting, sliding, thrusting, ground pounding, or Spartan charging. So, dramatic movement actions get picked up from farther away, say ~25 meters, but otherwise base movement, jumping, clambering, remains at the current 18.

> 2610345319735860;10:
> I prefer no radar, so this issue is not on my complaint list.
>
> One thing I thought of though, to compromise this space, was extending the radar range if people are sprinting, sliding, thrusting, ground pounding, or Spartan charging. So, dramatic movement actions get picked up from farther away, say ~25 meters, but otherwise base movement, jumping, clambering, remains at the current 18.

Not a bad idea. I think I could work with that.