why complain about kill cams

why do people complain about kill cams they stop campers and you can turn them off in the opinions so you dont have them i know i did

First off, there isn’t anything wrong with camping. It’s what makes it great to do is the issue. I.E terrible map design, and terrible mechanics. Map control is different however.

As for Killcams, the issue that people have with them is that mainly it just gives away your position. The players should be aware of their surroundings and are responsible for their actions, whether it be success or failure. Having a killcam is a free pass for those who are too reckless for their own good.

People love to bash anything thats not original.

Because they didn’t really functionally work that well in Halo 4, so that turns people off of them. Sure you can turn it off, but why bother have a broken feature to begin with?

There is nothing wrong with killcams in Halo. People hate them simply for the fact that they’re a “Call of Duty thing.” I’ve yet to see a logical argument against them.

That said, I found nothing wrong with the old system, and at least my opponents got to see me t-bagging them :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274876456769;5:
> There is nothing wrong with killcams. People hate them simply for the fact that it’s a “Call of Duty thing.” I’ve yet to see a logical argument against them.
>
> That said, I found nothing wrong with the old system, and at least my opponents got to see me t-bagging them :stuck_out_tongue:

The Halo 4 killcams were pretty inconsistent with what they showed.

> 2533274812652989;6:
> > 2533274876456769;5:
> > There is nothing wrong with killcams. People hate them simply for the fact that it’s a “Call of Duty thing.” I’ve yet to see a logical argument against them.
> >
> > That said, I found nothing wrong with the old system, and at least my opponents got to see me t-bagging them :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
> The Halo 4 killcams were pretty inconsistent with what they showed.

Well sure, but that can be fixed for Guardians.

i don’t mind the kill cams at least they show you something insightful instead of looking at your dead body for 5 seconds

> 2533274814481782;2:
> First off, there isn’t anything wrong with camping. It’s what makes it great to do is the issue. I.E terrible map design, and terrible mechanics. Map control is different however.
>
> As for Killcams, the issue that people have with them is that mainly it just gives away your position. The players should be aware of their surroundings and are responsible for their actions, whether it be success or failure. Having a killcam is a free pass for those who are too reckless for their own good.

This! I hate kill cams… the final kill is fine.

> 2533274952728753;8:
> i don’t mind the kill cams at least they show you something insightful instead of looking at your dead body for 5 seconds

You could try looking around to see what the enemy is doing when your waiting for respawn.

I personally just find killcams to be an unnecessary for Halo, I’m hoping they are usually turned off in matchmaking playlists shortly after launch. Aside from that, I’m actually a fan of hitmarkers for H2A, even though a good amount of players disagree with me.

The Killcams in MCC look bug free, that being said, I still would prefer to have Final killcams only.

I don’t particularly have a problem with kill cams its just that I like halo’s death cam better. It’s been there since the beginning and I’d say its part of what makes halo, halo. To add kill cams is to say other games are handling after death scenarios better than halo and halo needs to match them. Which I don’t believe to be true at all.

Pull an icon of the weapon that killed you in the kill feed next the player’s name and give weapons like the Sniper lasting bullet trails. More than sufficient for my taste. I like to stay in the real time, recollect myself, focus on my next move and call outs in the down time between lives. Kill cams are ok I guess but I’ll probably be skipping practically every single one, I would prefer it I could set it in the options so that I have to press x to view kill cam initially instead of press x to skip. There might be some call for it being disabled in competitive playlist on the grounds of unfair Intel but it is a useful leaning tool for lower skilled players.

It would be nice if after the game you could actually view the game from different players 1st person view perspectives for the first time in theatre in Halo 5. Maybe even have the option to join an on going game but not play, and be able to watch jumping between player 1st person view perspectives not just 3rd person. Create a live theatre/ spectator mode. Give the option for free cam, create features like live feed maps that show player locations etc. It’s not that big of a leap now they have kill cams.

One thing. It reduces the skill gap and makes the game easier therefore making it less competitive. Without it you have to look around on the death screen and call out where you have died so your teammates know where the enemy is. Halo never needed it. So why add it??

Personally, I don’t like killcams. It’s bad enough that I died, but it’s even more demoralizing and humiliating to watch myself be killed again.

I also think that kill cams unnecessarily reduce the skill gap. This isn’t Battlefield: there aren’t fifty ways of dying in any given scenario. It isn’t so difficult to determine what killed you that a killcam would be necessary or helpful. In reality, all a killcam does is show where the other player was, where he killed you, and where he headed after he killed you, all of which should be knowledge that a player should earn through awareness and not given freely.

Personally, I like them. I recently have been playing quite a bit of Reach/3 MP after I traded in my 360 versions of the games. And sometimes I am left wondering “Wait, what happened there?” The killfeed isn’t sufficient in this manner. Sometimes you just die, and personally, I’d like to know that it was legitimate, and not just a glitch or a hacker.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> Because they didn’t really functionally work that well in Halo 4, so that turns people off of them. Sure you can turn it off, but why bother have a broken feature to begin with?

I had kill cams almost never work for me in Halo 4, and the few times they did work, I just feel the need to skip them, as any other games that have them as well. I just want to respawn, not watch my death again. Leaving killcams out, can probably provide a better multiplayer experience and give fans what they want. I see more fans against killcams, than for them.

To be honest, I don’t like them because it isn’t the halo feel of the game, but tough -Yoink- because this is reclaimed saga, 343 and halo needs to move on. It also exposes campers, but if the map designs were better they wouldn’t need worry about that.

> 2533274805712917;16:
> Personally, I don’t like killcams. It’s bad enough that I died, but it’s even more demoralizing and humiliating to watch myself be killed again.
>
> I also think that kill cams unnecessarily reduce the skill gap. This isn’t Battlefield: there aren’t fifty ways of dying in any given scenario. It isn’t so difficult to determine what killed you that a killcam would be necessary or helpful. In reality, all a killcam does is show where the other player was, where he killed you, and where he headed after he killed you, all of which should be knowledge that a player should earn through awareness and not given freely.

Well said sir.