Why change the Gravity Hammer?

The range is longer now, which is a bit annoying, as I was used to the old range.
Why change it? Just a question out of curiosity, I’ll just have to get used to this longer range. :stuck_out_tongue:

Compared to what exactly? I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re comparing the current gravity hammer to.

> Compared to what exactly? I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re comparing the current gravity hammer to.

I’m comparing it to the old Gravity Hammer, pre-title update. I think, anyway. I’m not exactly sure when it changed. I just found that range is longer after I downloaded the recent TU, compared to before I downloaded it.

Well thats interesting. Too bad it still sounds like those plastic blow-up squeaky hammers you get at amusement parks.

> Well thats interesting. Too bad it still sounds like those plastic blow-up squeaky hammers you get at amusement parks.

Yeah the new sound that it makes is terrible compared to how it sounded back in H3 and Reach.

The worst gravity hammer was in Reach, this one messes with the games physics again… The hammer is back to being awesome =D

I haven’t noticed a change in the Gravity Hammer’s range since this game started.

I have noticed that it’s range is longer from Halo 3 and Reach.

Nothing the TU has done has affected the gravity hammer. Changes have been requested however nothing has been changed.

If your range is changing, I would wager it has to do with who is host in that game.

I just wish the gravity hammer would actually blow things away (like vehicles)

> I just wish the gravity hammer would actually blow things away (like vehicles)

I can, why can’t you?

One of my favorite strategies is using it to flip warthogs or ghosts.

Ranges seem fine to me, even off host. Sound still sucks.

> > I just wish the gravity hammer would actually blow things away (like vehicles)
>
> I can, why can’t you?
>
> One of my favorite strategies is using it to flip warthogs or ghosts.

You can, but it’s just not as easy to as the hammer is already an uncommon weapon. From my experience, you have to have the hammer get a direct hit on the vehicle to actually stop it from killing you rather than back in Reach where you could hit nearby and it would at least slow down the vehicle enough to save you from death. :stuck_out_tongue:

…and the sound sucks; I feel like I’m used the gravity tool hammer to repair a warthog rather than a giant alien sledge hammer of gravity-leveling death.

> Nothing the TU has done has affected the gravity hammer. Changes have been requested however nothing has been changed.
>
> If your range is changing, I would wager it has to do with who is host in that game.

Ah, gotcha. That would make sense, since most of my matches seem to be a little off in terms of lag. :stuck_out_tongue:

I miss the shockwave effect that could propel the user. I also miss the blue lights.

If you ever ask the question on why 343i changed something. The answer will always be that they changed for the sake of change, they took things that were perfect or close to it, and changed it so they could be different from bungie, they appear to have gone out of their way to change things unnecessarily.