Why change from blue trim to red?

I never noticed this until now, but why have a lot of the forerunner tech and environments’ trim change from blue to red/orange/yellow? in the previous games, almost all of the forerunner tech you’ve encountered had lights in areas that were blue/white. here’s some comparisons:

Glyph
Sentinal and Monitor
Even Indoors

and I’m wondering why they suddenly have trims like this

I’m not saying I have a problem with it, inc fact I like the new trim, just wondering why the sudden change in color.could it be because it’s in a state of emergency or something? what do you think?

I’m sure there’s a reason.

Perhaps blue represents Lifeworker and red Promethean?

Maybe to indicate different purposes for the facilities?

Maybe red represents a military facility while Blue represents Science?

Something isn’t right.

These aren’t the Forerunners we knew.

Something to do with the Ancient Evil? Or do the Prometheans just prefer red tint for their weapons and creations?

Remember, we have seen blue Prometheans too.

> Something isn’t right.
>
> These aren’t the Forerunners we knew.
>
>
> Something to do with the Ancient Evil? Or do the Prometheans just prefer red tint for their weapons and creations?
>
>
>
> Remember, we have seen blue Prometheans too.

This.

Perhaps blue represents Lifeworker and red Promethean?

They still have the ol blue and clean cut silver/grey in Halo 4.

I don’t know the reason for this but I’m glad. It’s nice change since forerunner architecture has been too repeative for halo games.

> Something isn’t right.
>
> These aren’t the Forerunners we knew.
>
>
> Something to do with the Ancient Evil? Or do the Prometheans just prefer red tint for their weapons and creations?
>
>
>
> Remember, we have seen blue Prometheans too.

Yes i was just about to say that too about the blue Prometheans.Even their face structure is different from their orange counter part,but thats what i have seen from the crawler and the Knights.

[deleted]

Theres always been yellow trims, and lights, as well as blue. The Red, Orange, lighting and trims generally stand for Rampancy, or defensive measures, and as others have stated could very well stand for military. I believe the colors can also stand for the environment, or a certain areas purpose on requiem as seen from the Spartan Ops gameplay, the facility seems to be responsible for venting the heat and such of Requiems Core. Requiem is also claimed to be much more alive, and thriving than the Halo Rings, or the Ark which have been simply abandoned for a 100,000 years. So I’m sure this all goes hand in hand with giving us a variation and new color combinations for forerunner technology.

Well, all the Promethean enemies have red lights, so it’s natural that their buildings would too.

You should also remember, Sentinels having both Orange and Blue lasers, since you bring up sentinels, the type you show in that picture uses Orange lasers.

> Theres always been yellow trims, and lights, as well as blue. The Red, Orange, lighting and trims generally stand for Rampancy, or defensive measures, and as others have stated could very well stand for military. I believe the colors can also stand for the environment, or a certain areas purpose on requiem as seen from the Spartan Ops gameplay, the facility seems to be responsible for venting the heat and such of Requiems Core. Requiem is also claimed to be much more alive, and thriving than the Halo Rings, or the Ark which have been simply abandoned for a 100,000 years. So I’m sure this all goes hand in hand with giving us a variation and new color combinations for forerunner technology.

Damn you beat me to it.