Why can't we have true social playlists in Halo 5?

I seriously don’t see why 343 can’t just add a social playlist with join in progress, no stat track and no bans. Is the population really that low that they can’t handle this?

Sadly this probably wont happen, people that used to enjoy the social playlists have been shafted from day one. I would love a social variant of each game type where bans dont exist and you can drop in and out. Might actually be able to have some fun like in the old games. the people that still play this game care far too much about their KDA and win/lose ratio, since most of the casual crowd has moved on from halo now.

I agree. Social modes can never be fully enjoyed because nobody dares to go all out due to stat tracking.

I would love an all social playlist. Halo 5 needs casual players.

We need social arena, social objective, and/or social slayer, all 4v4. Wev’e been asking, they know we’ve been asking. now we just wait and see if they can deliver at some point.

> 2533274968894951;3:
> I agree. Social modes can never be fully enjoyed because nobody dares to go all out due to stat tracking.

Completely agreed.

They just need to handle it like halo 3. It did the playlists perfectly. It had a section for social and a section for competitive, each with it’s own set of playlists, appealing to all type of players.

We dont need it , we already have Fiesta and its ok .

I really think it is a population problem or they wouldn’t have opened the region lock.

Just add a second rotating Social Playlist and make sure that there’s a lot of variety in the rotation so that there are no repeat weeks.

Join in progress, no stat tracking, no bans…

So…custom games?

> 2535430417867620;8:
> We dont need it , we already have Fiesta and its ok .

Fiesta isn’t fun for every casual, and even that has stat tracking so please don’t be so ignorant of others tastes next time.

> 2533274809217985;9:
> I really think it is a population problem or they wouldn’t have opened the region lock.

I think they did it because people in other places had a hard time finding games, but then again, this wouldn’t have been a problem if 343 made a game that attracted many different players.

> 2533274805497312;11:
> Join in progress, no stat tracking, no bans…
>
> So…custom games?

Actually Custom Games has forced Stat tracking to worry about too.

We don’t need it. I don’t think there is enough pop to support both sides of that fence AND Warzone AND eventually Firefight. I like the mix on Social. I thought Multi-team was fun as hell a couple of weeks back. Warzone Turbo is quite interesting as well. I think we have the right amount of Social options and the right amount of ranked. If the pops were way higher I would support more social types.

I don’t care about the stat tracking, I just want some nice social gametypes. Shotty Snipers? I dunno stuff from the Reach action sack playlist

> 2533274805497312;11:
> Join in progress, no stat tracking, no bans…
>
> So…custom games?

Ooh, I wouldn’t mind a custom game browser. But I doubt that will happen

Because everyone likes to sweat apparently.

> 2533274858780509;7:
> They just need to handle it like halo 3. It did the playlists perfectly. It had a section for social and a section for competitive, each with it’s own set of playlists, appealing to all type of players.

You either never experienced Halo 3 personally, or you didn’t pay any attention to how the ranked/social divide really worked. Social play lists were just as competitive as every other play list. They were also ranked, although the rank was hidden and matchmaking search restrictions were looser than in visibly ranked play lists. People did not just “drop in” to these matches via JiP because there was no JiP then, and they certainly didn’t “drop out” whenever it suited them because, again, no JiP, and in the last few months of the game they introduced Halo’s first ever quit ban. If you or anyone else somehow perceived H3 socials as less competitive or more relaxed then that’s what it was: a perception.

I’d like a social playlist but you’d need the bans because of crybabys killing you because you got rockets/sniper stuff like that and I think the quitting ban should be a hour to start and longer for arena stat crybabys I’d also like to see lagging players get dropped from any game they play

Lmao along with dubs, snipers, ranked big team, etc. It would also be great if they took radar out of arena