Why can't we customise armour in halo 5?

Why exactly can’t we customise our Spartans armour in halo 5? The armour is all there, more than a hundred armour sets. Why can’t i just keep the noble 1 chest piece on my armour and just swap the legs and arms with helioskrill? The armour is there so why can’t we just have an update which lets us mix and match. “But some armour won’t fit on certain types of armour”. Okay, then at least give us the option to mix and match armour that will swap or is interchangeable. For example all of the noble armour is changeable with one another. What exactly is preventing us from doing this?

Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.

If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?

> 2533274881560701;2:
> Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.
>
> If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?

why would the xbox one limit a mesh and texture file appearing on screen during customisation? Unless you are referring to all spartans in combat running around in multiplayer with different armour combinations, in either case i don’t understand how the xbox one prevents this.

The 15,000 different armor types aren’t good enough already??

> 2535417282069462;3:
> > 2533274881560701;2:
> > Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.
> >
> > If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?
>
>
> why would the xbox one limit a mesh and texture file appearing on screen during customisation? Unless you are referring to all spartans in combat running around in multiplayer with different armour combinations, in either case i don’t understand how the xbox one prevents this.

Likely it would affect the 60 fps they were attempting to keep locked at. Which is plausible as they had to cut splitscreen for the very same reason.

> 2533274873580796;4:
> The 15,000 different armor types aren’t good enough already??

Il rather have 30 good sets of armour that i can completely customize than 200+ rubbish armours with minimal customization.

> 2533274796951708;5:
> > 2535417282069462;3:
> > > 2533274881560701;2:
> > > Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.
> > >
> > > If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?
> >
> >
> > why would the xbox one limit a mesh and texture file appearing on screen during customisation? Unless you are referring to all spartans in combat running around in multiplayer with different armour combinations, in either case i don’t understand how the xbox one prevents this.
>
>
> Likely it would affect the 60 fps they were attempting to keep locked at. Which is plausible as they had to cut splitscreen for the very same reason.

How? Each piece of armour set must have a similar amount of polygons and texture detail to each other in order to achieve 60fps. Mix and matching armour would hardly go overboard on this.

> 2535417282069462;3:
> > 2533274881560701;2:
> > Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.
> >
> > If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?
>
>
> why would the xbox one limit a mesh and texture file appearing on screen during customisation? Unless you are referring to all spartans in combat running around in multiplayer with different armour combinations, in either case i don’t understand how the xbox one prevents this.

Imagine we have 8 Spartans running around. The game must remember each one of their three armor choices, and must render that mesh file along with each detailed undersuit (which is a separate file) along with the armor’s mapping and textures (and I think each color is a different texture or overlay in the data) so that all adds up and must be rendered in REAL time 60 fps. Apply that to as many as 24 Spartans, the Xbox has to be able to keep up, on top of ALL of the other graphics, effects, and etc. occuring in the environment. It adds up. Xbox’s have limits, especially with the high amount of polygons and strict adherance to 60 fps HD gameplay with no dips. It’s a lot to ask for a relatively modest machine. All the meshes and textures are also stored in the data, taking up space regardless of live usage.

I’d rather have more armor customization choices instead of gobs of repetitive armor sets that hog the memory of the game.

> 2535417282069462;7:
> > 2533274796951708;5:
> > > 2535417282069462;3:
> > > > 2533274881560701;2:
> > > > Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.
> > > >
> > > > If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?
> > >
> > >
> > > why would the xbox one limit a mesh and texture file appearing on screen during customisation? Unless you are referring to all spartans in combat running around in multiplayer with different armour combinations, in either case i don’t understand how the xbox one prevents this.
> >
> >
> > Likely it would affect the 60 fps they were attempting to keep locked at. Which is plausible as they had to cut splitscreen for the very same reason.
>
>
> How? Each piece of armour set must have a similar amount of polygons and texture detail to each other in order to achieve 60fps. Mix and matching armour would hardly go overboard on this.

Because it would have to mesh them and then render each character individually. If you have played defiance you will understand what I mean because if the person hadn’t loaded in properly you just saw them as the default male character. It also did that for everyone that was in the area that you didn’t know. Seemed to load your friends armor first and then decide if it had enough resources to load other players. (it often didn’t)

The game would still need to load up each character individually, then any adjustments that might have been done to make the armor sit properly with different parts would have to be overlaid. You would likely end up with lag if a large number of units enter the screen at once. (it’s the main reason video games tend to have generic units that all look the same when it’s non player, saves on valuable system resources and allows for more stuff on the screen.)

I actually locked up my xbox (original) on Halo because I got bored and decided to punch a grunt body… non stop for about 15 minutes while doing other things around my room. When I tried to look away from that spot the game completely locked up because the blood overlaid on itself and didn’t fade away as I kept hitting it. So if that is any indicator of why what I said up there makes sense then I can’t break it down any better. Sorry =(

> 2533274881560701;8:
> > 2535417282069462;3:
> > > 2533274881560701;2:
> > > Last I heard, the XBone system limitations prevented limiting millions upon millions of combinations on screen in real time, so the total menu options for armor customization were cut down. Kind of annoying though. I’d happily trade in at least 35-50% of the repetitive armors or armor skins we have now if that would make Customization options go back up.
> > >
> > > If I could do it, It would be Head, Torso, Shoulders, Gauntlets, Legs. Visor would have a secondary and primary palette like armor, no armor would have unchangeable white lines or mismatched secondary color, and there would be a black undersuit option as well. Halo 5 has 3 armor customization, or 5 counting armor color. Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 had 4 armor slots, or 7 counting colors on top of armor displaying a custom emblem. What?
> >
> >
> > why would the xbox one limit a mesh and texture file appearing on screen during customisation? Unless you are referring to all spartans in combat running around in multiplayer with different armour combinations, in either case i don’t understand how the xbox one prevents this.
>
>
> Imagine we have 8 Spartans running around. The game must remember each one of their three armor choices, and must render that mesh file along with each detailed undersuit (which is a separate file) along with the armor’s mapping and textures (and I think each color is a different texture or overlay in the data) so that all adds up and must be rendered in REAL time 60 fps. Apply that to as many as 24 Spartans, the Xbox has to be able to keep up, on top of ALL of the other graphics, effects, and etc. occuring in the environment. It adds up. Xbox’s have limits, especially with the high amount of polygons and strict adherance to 60 fps HD gameplay with no dips. It’s a lot to ask for a relatively modest machine.

Interesting, however if that is truly the case then mix and matching could still be achieved if customisation was limited to only a handful of armour sets and given a relivitlyy small amount of customisation options. For example, we now have helmet, armour, visor.

If we were to push the system limitations we could possibly achieve left and right shoulder, along with the legs (both legs can be counted as 1 set). Again that would be at a push, along with a handful of customisable armour sets (you could rule out all armour set reskins to lower that number).

> 2535442460223691;6:
> > 2533274873580796;4:
> > The 15,000 different armor types aren’t good enough already??
>
>
> Il rather have 30 good sets of armour that i can completely customize than 200+ rubbish armours with minimal customization.

Totally agree… been saying this since release!